MAYWEATHER BEATS ORTIZ (BOXING)

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard it was a sucker punch, I am going to have to watch it on HBO when it airs next week. I just don't understand how if the fight was resumed, someone's guard can be down.

Oh edit, I just clicked your link, thanks. Yes it was a cheap shot imo....

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be a fine time for Floyd to retire undefeated.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Long as Floyd is gettin the big bucks, hard to imagine him retiring,

ROYALKNIGHT

ROYALKNIGHT

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here with the conclusion of the fight with HBO reporter Larry Merchant

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this dude needs to come to the UFC and get his ass handed to him. little *****.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'd expect that from Kimbo but even that guy has more class

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be a fine time for Floyd to retire undefeated.

Not this, needs to fight Pac

And lol at people calling him a 'cheat'. Yeah it was cheap and not classy at all (what did you expect from Floyd?), but the fight had resumed and Ortiz should have had his guard up. The Ortiz headbutts were wayyyyyy worse than what Floyd did

And anyway, they're not samurai

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Both those videos posted were taken down, btw... after seeing both the blatant headbutt and the pussy sucker punch.. I have concluded, that both Mayweather and Ortiz are douchebags. Although.. the headbutt was during the fight, and although illegal, is not entirely uncommon in boxing. After the headbutt, it looks as if Ortiz was apologizing, touching gloves, giving a little hug out, Mayweather looked to accept the apologee, and then sucker punch him, before he even backed up all the way. That makes Mayweather a bigger douchebag.

Found one still up:

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Double flags thrown, unsportsmanlike conduct, both teams penalized 15 yards.

Redo the down.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That video Mortis just posted, Was a bit of a lame TKO, what was the ref doing not even looking and Ortiz wasn't even looking too.

Very low Mayweather, expected better.

A

acetoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All i know is there is one fighter left for floyd to fight and that is pacman which iam sure mayweather will find some excuse not to fight him because we all know pacman will destroy mayweather. So i can see the extra drug tests come in to play as mayweather is scared to fight him ad will request these extra tests to dodge the pacman.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watched the fight last night in context, and it read very different from the snippets seen out of context. Also HBO showed the replay from at least 4 different cameras.

Seems a case could be made that since the ref called a time out, and never (apparently) got around to restarting the clock, Mayweather may have been out of line. It sort of looked like the ref was looking at the timekeeper to get his attention to restart the clock before doing the hands come together thing they do that signifies 'fight'.