Yay! Bye, bye, spoiled Brat.

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Frankly I don't understand it at all. Why exactly isn't he being given the chance to start this season? Yeah, the Cardinals haven't looked good so far, but his main weapon hasn't even been on the field (Fitzgerald). Plus Beanie Wells needs to be the number one back - in my opinion all they really need are a lot of reps together. But it isn't my team.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frankly I don't understand it at all. Why exactly isn't he being given the chance to start this season? Yeah, the Cardinals haven't looked good so far, but his main weapon hasn't even been on the field (Fitzgerald). Plus Beanie Wells needs to be the number one back - in my opinion all they really need are a lot of reps together. But it isn't my team.

He's being dumped because he is not doing even the basic things needed to win - even in the preseason. Something that was overheard last week at the inter-squad practice with the Titans was "I'll be you a buffalo nickel he checks down". What that means is that Leinhart is bailing out of the play and taking the "easy" way out of the play.

This tells me two things: 1 - Leinhart has always taken the "easy" way out of everything. He was handed the club on a silver platter years ago as the new golden boy and he went partying with beer bongs. 2 - OK, so let's say it's the O-line fault for not giving him enough confidence to really try to make the play. My answer to that is THIS IS PRESEASON for crying out loud! Get in there and make something happen.

I think Whis has had plenty of time to review the tapes and sees that Leinhart just isn't doing what a first-string quarterback should do with mechanics, and team handling on the field.

Frankly, I like Skelton, but it would be a crime to just throw him in the first season. Even if he is the best physical quarterback of the bunch.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Whis has had plenty of time to review the tapes and sees that Leinhart just isn't doing what a first-string quarterback should do with mechanics, and team handling on the field.

Even before Derek Anderson being #1 was set in stone, and they had just decided to start him pre-season, Leinart went public with his frustration and disappointment. Whis tried to be diplomatic about it, stating that he wished Leinart had come to him instead, but 'understood'. Leinart still doesn't understand what everyone else does, still hasn't 'received an explanation'. While perfectly adept at the 'check down', he does not make any big plays. Nothing ventured nothing gained. He doesn't play to win. He plays not to lose, and that does not work in the NFL.

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listen, this guy is no good, at usc all hedid was party and when he got the nfl money he did not stop. I live in La and thetalk, he is done, will be a backup for afew more years and then get into television. Pathetic.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leinart sucks right now, and if he continues to play and act the way he is now playing, he will be a Back up QB forever, but the guy had potential, I think the sudden change in the Arizona Offense is affecting his mind and his playing abilities.

-Why does the raiders have to be in every conversation about "Trading for a QB" in the NFL? When is it going to end?

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could see the Bills trying to get him there not going to be good anyway so they don't have much to lose.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
-Why does the raiders have to be in every conversation about "Trading for a QB" in the NFL? When is it going to end?

Maybe it will end when they get one? The team they got Campbell from just improved their QB with McNabb, who is sub-elite. Further, and IMHO, QB was not the sole of their woes. Their offensive line was abysmal, as was the performance of their RB core. Related yes, but we'll know more soon.

A

AntiKhrist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe the Cardinals released him. Who are they going to start??? Derek Anderson??? I hope that this will help Fitzgerald get some more catches, he's on my fantasy team. If anything, I think it's actually gonna make them run the ball more. :(

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol leinart got released. my friend and i was talking about how shocked we were back when he dropped to 10th. now we know he couldn't have dropped far enough.