The Masters 2010

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No green wrappers that I can remember! Absolutely no litter on the course that I saw - everyone was very conscious of that kind of stuff.....so much so that when standing on the grass alongside the 11th fairway and adjacent to the 12th tee, I finished my soda and poured about 8-10 small bits of ice onto the grass....I thought Debi was going to die! She just wanted to get out of the area in case someone said anything.....and this was in the spectators area. Reason for pouring out the ice and not throwing it in the trash with the cup is that all cups were hardened plastic with the Masters logo on the side - stuff you can keep, so I wanted to put it in Debi's bag - without the ice!

Today should be a good day's golf. I also love Sundays at Augusta and hope it is close at the turn so the excitement goes from hole to hole.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
always thought it was goosebumps here too? lol

We always called it "goosepimples" growing up. Debi calls it "goose-bumps". I have also heard it called "goose-flesh". Who knows!

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that`s what I call a good day out. Congrats both. :)

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are a bit spoiled living in Georgia because we are used to seeing gazillions of trees and green everywhere. Augusta National is a gorgeous course. Lots and lots and lots of trees and lots of color. The grass is spectacular. Gorgeous shades of green and fairways cut very tight - makes you want to grab a club and hit a ball!

yea, just the sights and sounds of the woods on live coverage made me wish I was there. Glad you guys had a good time, do you have to be on a waiting list for years to get in?

haven't played golf in a few years now, just warned Debi she will have two of the most frustrating pasttimes around if she takes up golf as well as poker. :D Its fun though, I'd like to get back out and play again sometimes.

Last edited:
Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think how it works - and I could be totally wrong on some of this - is that the members all get tickets - like season tickets in other sports.

Once you have that entitlement, you have them forever unless you give them up. Big sponsors etc. obviously get them and so on.

I don't think there are any available for sale at face value from the course itself. That means you have to go on the black marhet to buy them.

The passes we had were marked at $200. BUT - if you want to buy a day's pass it will cost you anything from $800-$1000 on-line through E-Bay or whatever.

It is a racket, IMO. Members get a free $3000-$4,000 every year if they choose not to go, or if they are entitled to multiple tickets. On top of that, you can go away for a week and rent your house for another $4-5k!

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ill be watching for the CC Tee shirt & Hat.

:icon_salu

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I met a guy once who lives in Augusta and owns a house on the golf course. Every year, he rents his house to a big-time corporate executive for a couple of weeks during the Masters. With the money he earns from the rental, he goes on a lavish vacation during the tournament and still has a lot of money left over. It's a pretty nice deal for him.

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where's the rail request for Lefty? Woot woot... (3 eagles boo-yah)

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:star: WTG Phil! Gotta love a guy who loves his mama & his wife...

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats to lefty, always been my favorite golfer...thatta boy

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro Golf is quietly breathing a huge sigh of relief to see someone as wholesome and good for the game as Lefty win this year. They are also glad that Tiger was in contention because that means ratings which equals more revenue.

Here's my interpretation of Tiger's post-game interview: "I sucked. I blew a couple of easy shots. These guys can't compete with me even when I'm at 80% and throwing away 3-footers on the green. I'm going to go take a few weeks off, work on my focus, and then play another major and make huge dollars. Screw you media types that want to make a huge deal out of it."

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro Golf is quietly breathing a huge sigh of relief to see someone as wholesome and good for the game as Lefty win this year. They are also glad that Tiger was in contention because that means ratings which equals more revenue.

Here's my interpretation of Tiger's post-game interview: "I sucked. I blew a couple of easy shots. These guys can't compete with me even when I'm at 80% and throwing away 3-footers on the green. I'm going to go take a few weeks off, work on my focus, and then play another major and make huge dollars. Screw you media types that want to make a huge deal out of it."

Nominating this post for the monthly prize.. Well said bro

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as golf is concerned, Tiger hasn't changed. He will still only play when he feels like - in his words "when he feels he will win".

If he spent more time working (i.e. playing golf) he would have less time on his hands to get into mischief.

There are days when I get up for work and think - "I would love a day off today". But I go in - as we all do - and some of those days are my better ones. Who knows when it is going to work out? Just go and play damn golf! It is what got you where you are! But he won't, so I would be quite happy if he never won again, personally. He is not bigger than the game.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations Phil!:D Sweet moment with his wife after the 18th :) Personally I think Tiger did as well as he did because he was paired with K.J Choi the whole tournament. K.J as the announcers said is "unflappable". Kudos to Lee Westwood. Classy guy and tough competitor. One to watch is 24 year old Anthony Kim. Nice run on the final day;)

Srazorr

Srazorr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done Phil,i was very impressed with the final 9 of Anthony Kim ,hes one to look out for..