The Masters 2010

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It starts today - Joe and I are geeting ready to head over there soon. It will be our first time attending.

I hope the weather holds up for a while - rain is predicted to hit late morning. :(

Will post tonight to let you know how it was!

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It starts today - Joe and I are geeting ready to head over there soon. It will be our first time attending.

I hope the weather holds up for a while - rain is predicted to hit late morning. :(

Will post tonight to let you know how it was!

WOW, I'm so jealous! I've been watching the masters for 30 years or more on TV. Isn't it like unbelievably difficult to get tickets for the masters?

Have a great time!

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:top: You two have a fabulous time!

Go Go Go Phil Mickelson!

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope you have a great time. That is such a beuatiful golf course. Saw it when stationed at Ft. Gordon. I'm from Chicago. if Kenny Perry's playing, I'm up for him!

Have a great time Joe and Debi!!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't go disturbing Mr Woods now, i've heard he has a little trouble of late and just wants to concentrate on his golf ;) :D

Srazorr

Srazorr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone see Tiger falling apart on the course,will he make the cut,he was'nt doing too well on the practice.

U

umpinpa22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
masters!

have fun there! once in a lifetime event to see! don't heckle tiger too much! lol!:)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WOW, I'm so jealous! I've been watching the masters for 30 years or more on TV. Isn't it like unbelievably difficult to get tickets for the masters?

Have a great time!

Yea - they are hard to get which is why we have never been before. This year Joe's boss gave us 2 tickets, paid for our hotel room, provided us a shuttle to the Master's and insisted on paying for everything we purchased in the store - which had to be about $200 worth of stuff. We appreciate how lucky we are.

Now for my report. (I will have Joe come in and provide more detail).

It was unbelievable!!!!! I don't even play golf and I loved every minute of it. Television does not do it justice - that course is absolutely beautiful. I had to touch the green and your hand almost melts into the perfect grass - it feels as good as it looks.

After shopping and checking our bags we started walking the course. We decided since this was our first -and who knows maybe only - time to see it that we wanted to see every hole. We stopped and watched some shots along the way. When we got to the 13th hole we decided to sit in the stands for a while. It is a par 5 and worth watching. We had good seats and watched about 5-6 groups play this hole. (We were also able to see the guys making their first shots on hole 14 from here.)

The 13th hole is brutal. I imagine some of these guys were ready to blow their brains out by the time they left it. One guy took 4 putts to get his ball in. We saw Cabrera take 7 shots here. We saw Kim and Mickelson eagle this hole. Mike Weir hit his 2nd shot into the creek and it must have hit a rock cause it bounced back out on the side of the 14th hole - then he made an amazing shot and ended up getting it in with just 4 shots.

Then we finished walking the course and decided to try to catch a good spot at hole 6 and wait for Tiger to come through. We got a fantastic spot right at the green - front row and sat down and watched everyone through the last group. It was great because we had not seen any of these groups yet. We saw Harrington and then 2 groups later Tiger came through. By then it was packed at that hole so we were so lucky to have our spots. He got a huge round of applause - it was all very positive and I am glad. We were there to watch golf and he is one of the best - and frankly I can give a rat's ass who he has slept with lol.

After the last group went throught the 6th hole we decided to leave. The weather was getting very dodgy - and as it turns out we left just in time.

I am tired but really enjoyed it. And no Belgo - it was not even close to being boring. I loved watching them play - it made me want to learn how to play.

If any girls read this - the best dressed and hottest man was Padraig Harrington and by a very long shot. Ohh he was sooooo nice to look at.

2nd best - honestly goes to Tiger.

Worst dressed - Ian Poulter. He looks like his momma still buys his clothes lol. There were a few like that. I don't know why golfers wear such ugly clothes and shoes. Some of the spectators were even worse. I saw colors together today that should never be allowed within feet of each other lol.

If any of you ever get a chance to go to the Masters don't pass it up.

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea - they are hard to get which is why we have never been before. This year Joe's boss gave us 2 tickets, paid for our hotel room, provided us a shuttle to the Master's and insisted on paying for everything we purchased in the store - which had to be about $200 worth of stuff. We appreciate how lucky we are.

Now for my report. (I will have Joe come in and provide more detail).

It was unbelievable!!!!! I don't even play golf and I loved every minute of it. Television does not do it justice - that course is absolutely beautiful. I had to touch the green and your hand almost melts into the perfect grass - it feels as good as it looks.

After shopping and checking our bags we started walking the course. We decided since this was our first -and who knows maybe only - time to see it that we wanted to see every hole. We stopped and watched some shots along the way. When we got to the 13th hole we decided to sit in the stands for a while. It is a par 5 and worth watching. We had good seats and watched about 5-6 groups play this hole. (We were also able to see the guys making their first shots on hole 14 from here.)

The 13th hole is brutal. I imagine some of these guys were ready to blow their brains out by the time they left it. One guy took 4 putts to get his ball in. We saw Cabrera take 7 shots here. We saw Kim and Mickelson eagle this hole. Mike Weir hit his 2nd shot into the creek and it must have hit a rock cause it bounced back out on the side of the 14th hole - then he made an amazing shot and ended up getting it in with just 4 shots.

Then we finished walking the course and decided to try to catch a good spot at hole 6 and wait for Tiger to come through. We got a fantastic spot right at the green - front row and sat down and watched everyone through the last group. It was great because we had not seen any of these groups yet. We saw Harrington and then 2 groups later Tiger came through. By then it was packed at that hole so we were so lucky to have our spots. He got a huge round of applause - it was all very positive and I am glad. We were there to watch golf and he is one of the best - and frankly I can give a rat's ass who he has slept with lol.

After the last group went throught the 6th hole we decided to leave. The weather was getting very dodgy - and as it turns out we left just in time.

I am tired but really enjoyed it. And no Belgo - it was not even close to being boring. I loved watching them play - it made me want to learn how to play.

If any girls read this - the best dressed and hottest man was Padraig Harrington and by a very long shot. Ohh he was sooooo nice to look at.

Worst dressed - Ian Poulter. He looks like his momma still buys his clothes lol. There were a few like that. I don't know why golfers wear such ugly clothes and shoes. Some of the spectators were even worse. I saw colors together today that should never be allowed within feet of each other lol.

If any of you ever get a chance to go to the Masters don't pass it up.
There is a reason they call the 11th,12th and 13th holes AMEN CORNER because you pray that you make it pass those 3 holes without killing their scores.

Not sure if you knew that Padrig Harrington is related to Dan Harrington the poker player and Joey Harrington the NFL QB they are distant cousins.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - knew the Harringtons were all related - I thought they were brothers though. I think Joe has tried to correct me on that before lol. I always forget.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Major jealous!!! All I get is the Champions Tour at En-Joie Golf Course.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

And we wonder why Tiger gets into all this trouble.. The women just love him. Nice problem to have imo.. JK. Thanks deb for all the breakdown and glad you both had a great time.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Debi has already given a very good overview of the day and everything she said is dead on. A few other memories of the day for me.

We are a bit spoiled living in Georgia because we are used to seeing gazillions of trees and green everywhere. Augusta National is a gorgeous course. Lots and lots and lots of trees and lots of color. The grass is spectacular. Gorgeous shades of green and fairways cut very tight - makes you want to grab a club and hit a ball!

I have been to a few Irish Opens and have seen famous golfers up close and it makes it far more real than on TV. This was similar, but seeing these guys playing this great course that I have seen on TV for 30 years and always wanted to see "live", but never thinking I would have the chance - was fantastic. Everything I could have hoped for and more. The fact that Debi genuinely enjoyed it so much made it even better for me.

When Tiger reached the 6th green and the crowd stood and cheered him - it gave me goosepimples (or goose-bumps in the US!).

We both really appreciated how lucky we were, realised this may be a once-in-a-lifetime chance and relished the day even more because of that.

We were worried that the weather might spoil the day somewhat if it got really bad early - but it didn't, and we saw everything we wanted to before it really started to rain. By that time we were pretty tired anyway and still had a 3-hour drive home so it was the right time to leave.

It was a great day. Something we will never forget. It has definitely sparked a golf interest in Debi too, so we will see how she does when I take her to the driving range, as she has requested after today's events!

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D Glad to read that you 2 had a fabulous time...plus it was comped!

I would love to go to that course; I've only been to Torrey Pines for the Buick Invitational.

The SO does not understand why I like to watch a white ball getting smacked around while I do not understand why he likes to watch cars go around in an oval for a gazillion laps with a crash here or there...LOL.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice experience.

Was the airplane with the banners actually visable to the patrons?

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yes - both banners clearly visible all over the course. Totally tacky.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow great stories :) so happy for both of you and don't know why but the fact that you both said you appreciated how lucky you were made it seem even more special .

always happy to see a newbie get the golf fever :) daks if you think poker is tough then you'll love the new challenge of golf :) hope you are a natural and pick it up quick :)

did you guys get any pics or was that allowed ?

Joe ... lol at the goosepimples vs the goosebumps , goose pimples sounds like they may stay awhile and need to be treated lol .

never did hear how daks did in biloxi ?

thanks for sharing :)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
always thought it was goosebumps here too? lol

Ian Poulter always likes to dress 'differently' i believe ;)

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Westwood leading with Poulter third. Looking good for us Brits :)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Since I retired from golf, I no long mind encouraging females to participate. People who understand pool normally do well on the golf course. By the way thanks for the description, glad you both enjoyed it.

angiedubs

angiedubs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm watchin it today, mickelson hittin eagle back to back was pretty cool especially that long shot and then almost makin three of em in a row today.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm watchin it today, mickelson hittin eagle back to back was pretty cool especially that long shot and then almost makin three of em in a row today.

You were watching history in the making today. Lefty came within about 6 inches of doing something nobody had ever done before. It was absolutely spell-binding to watch.

Can't wait 'til tomorrow.

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

That was a bad moment. Westwood still first. Only by 1 shot though. Good day tomorrow though. Well today for me.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heard from someone that attended a few years back that they serve food in green wrappers so if anyone should litter it blends in on TV. True or false? Speaking of green that's what I am...with envy:eek: Thanks for the great reports. Almost felt like I was there. Golf and poker have so much in common. Only takes one great shot/hand to make you want to come back for more. Can't wait for tomorrow. So many stories including Fred Couples. Sundays are always great at Augusta:D

PS $5 bet that if Debi takes up golf she gets a hole in one within her first 10 rounds (18 holes of course) And yes teeing off on the 5th and putting it in the cup on the 4th or 6th counts:p