THE MASTERS

NLCE

NLCE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just once I would like to see Tiger and Phil on Sunday going for the jacket. All tied up on the 16th hole no one else in sight to contend. That would be classic. It seems they get hot at different times or their personal lives get in the way. Maybe this year it will happen. Tigers is due and Phil just won.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Tiger will not be in contention. Just ain't gonna happen. He is too rusty and his new swing is too inconsistent for Agusta.

Phil, on the other hand (IMO) is almost surely a lock for a top 3. I also like Dustin Johnson's chances. He knows Major pressure and has the ball striking and shot shaping ability needed to contend well in a Masters.

I know I won;t be leaving my couch on Saturday and Sunday.

NLCE

NLCE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about anthony Kim? Is his thumb issue resolved do you think. I heard his phone interview on Jim Rome show and he thinks he has a shot.

A

aaron_jd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a European player will likely win this one. Likely U.S. favorite is Mickelson right now. I'll be surprised if Tiger sniffs contention this week.

pricecube

pricecube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope a European wins it - would love Lee Westwood to do well. Was also going to tip Luke Donald but he went and won the Par-3 tourney yesterday which means he probably won't make the cut hehe!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My new short list to win at Augusta: Lee Westwood, Anthony Kim, Hunter Mahan, Matt Kuchar, Ian Poulter. Longshots with a chance: Rickie Fowler, Jim Furyk, Dustin Johnson. Phil and Tiger should finish top ten of course.

M

MrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ulsterman McIlroy blazing a trail. Very talented. Let's hope he can keep it going till Sunday.

:cool:

NLCE

NLCE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He definitely has alot of talent. Alot of guys I thought might do good stunk it up today( d. Johnson,Mayan)

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
McIlroy has a ton of talent. Alvaro Quiros and McIlroy played great today. But its just one round of the golf tournament.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya Mcllroy might have it end up like the British open but who knows. he has fantastic talent. I just hope Tiger is somewhat in contention to make Sunday interesting and fun

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listening to the ESPN recaps, they were all raving about Quiros and his distance. Reminds me of the good old days when Daly was firing it off.

If Tiger could get his putter working, he would be in a lot better shape.

NLCE

NLCE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If phil wants to contend he better get hot on the back nine. Waiting to see what Tiger does in about an hour.

wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Setting up perfectly for a great weekend at augusta !

Hope it gets even more compact at the top by the start of sundays round. Hoping for a Mcilroy or Sergio win (guess which won't happen)

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today(Saturday) is moving day - go low or you're out for a number of guys. McIlroy could just tread water and he'll be in position to win it Sunday. But many a player has lost his grip on a nice Sunday lead due to the pressure. Tiger has positioned himself nicely for a win - Phil has to have a nice Saturday round to have any chance. I'd love to see Lee Westwood, Phil, Tiger, and Freddie Couples bunched up at the top heading into the back 9 Sunday - would be very dramatic.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rmac with a lovely putt at the 17th to go -12, 4 shot lead on the field :)

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a tough course. For Rory he is so young he may just fly under the radar of understanding what hell he is doing. I love it and hope he pulls it off.

M

MrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's doing brilliantly. Let's hope he can put another strong round in today.

A

aaron_jd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very impressed with Rory right now. He's definitely the real deal. I would think any solid round from him (70 or below) will give him the green jacket. Tiger will have to do something real sick to win, and Phil appears out of it this year.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
McIlroys to lose on Sunday

I hope so - there hasn't been enough drama at the top this year. Sorry Rory, wire-to-wire in golf is boring. Your wicked low first round has set up a yawner of a finish. It would be fun to see you fall apart emotionally on the back nine - boo hoo hoo, the tears would flow. Come on Rory, you can do it!

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Went to Thursday's round. Tiger still had a good following, but not like it used to be. McIlroy hit it good. Garcia hit it good, but couldn't putt.

Course is immaculate, as always, and is drying out. Real humid today, so anything can happen!

CheeseConey

CheeseConey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger's not out of it yet. He's still hangin around. I would love for him to make this interesting today.

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to see Tiger make some kind of a move today. I hope it turns into a multi-player shootout.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-2 after 3 holes for Tiger so far today...

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...and mcilroy is choking hilariously.