Lion's not sucking as bad?

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But they still suck! I swear they are cursed and Matt Millen should get the death penalty for what he has done.

As you may be able to tell I am one of the last pathetic Lion fans left. Watching my team go from okay to mediocre to horrible and sticking with them. No my friends, I am no fair weather fan. I am the real deal .Through thick and thin.

The first game at Chicago was like getting pocket aces, other guy hitting his set on the flop, me hitting my set on the turn, only to be taken away by his quads on the river. And by "his quads" I am speaking of the refs ruling Calvin Johnson's game winning TD stolen from him. Rollercoaster of emotions. Not only that but having our franchise QB taken out in the same game(although I have to say Shawn Hill hasn't been doing too bad himself).

They have come so close in many games but keep beating themselves. I don't know why I keep watching them. Think it may be the "trainwreck" effect. Same reason I kept reading that long ass "fish evolving into shark" thread. Just can't take my eyes off it no matter how bad it is.

This Sunday Detroit's actually favored over Washington. I'll be rooting for my team but am not expecting much. Not getting my hopes up again just to watch them shoot themselves in the foot again and again. Can't even watch it on TV because 10,000 of the other fans have finally got sick of it and not bought tickets.

Anyway I would like an outsiders POV on whether or not you think they may actually be turning the corner. It would help if you actually seen them play.I don't believe in curses but damn. If any team is cursed it would have to be them, right?

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Win today! Yeah they still suck, but sucked less than the Redskins today.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go detroit!! I always liked them a lil;) Raiola Reps Hawaii:)

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go detroit!! I always liked them a lil;) Raiola Reps Hawaii:)

Feels good not to be the only one that likes them at least a little:). I really think after one more draft we will be contenders next year. It's gonna take a while to undo the works of the Millen administration.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree Millen must go enough of his Bull shit decisions. would definitely like to see them contend in the NFC North

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They suffer from bad ownership... When thats fixed, I expect them to a good team again although they did enough today to win. When you been as bad foir as long as the Lions have, the only thing thats gonna work is to clean house from the top and get rid of the maroons who are running the show.... Im a Bengals fan, trust me.. I know of what I speak.:D

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I heard a rumor they were still tryin to talk Barry Sanders into comin back.
Course Millian thought he was a punter.:)

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard a rumor they were still tryin to talk Barry Sanders into comin back.
Course Millian thought he was a punter.:)

^^^LOL.

I think Bill Ford always has the best of intentions and is not afraid to spend money. His only problem is he is way to nice of a guy and gives too many chances.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree Millen must go enough of his Bull shit decisions. would definitely like to see them contend in the NFC North

Dude, Millen's been gone over a year now :)

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must also ad since he has been gone the last 2 drafts have been good. The coaching is okay too. Its just gonna take a while to fix this clusterf%$# he created.

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Lions have been rebuilding since 1957. Millen kept picking WRs every year like they were going to be the next Jerry Rice lol

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they had an o-line, they might be taken seriously. All the high picks they've had and they have never taken an o-lineman high in the draft if I remember right.

CheeseConey

CheeseConey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like ythelongface, I too am a Bengals fan. I know what you are going through. I do think your team is improving though. Granted, the bar was was pretty low. Hang in there.

pifan

pifan

PiFace
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jimmy I too am a Lions Fan and a Pistons Fan and of course Wings fan and always a pie fan

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they had an o-line, they might be taken seriously. All the high picks they've had and they have never taken an o-lineman high in the draft if I remember right.

The O-line is doing good and defensive line is too. We are a defensive secondary away from being a playoff team IMO.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW as a Lions fan I take Detroit over NY Jets 28-20 :)

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not looking so good with Matt Stafford injured again.

Even if we hang in and win,
it's still sucking

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They're gonna blow it again it looks

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like OT. I smell a Lions loss coming big time

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If lions win this it will only be because the jets sucked worse.

Coinflip. Jets ball. I don't think Detroit has it in them to overcome, but I have seen stranger things happen

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's over. Another horrible meltdown at the end in a critical game. Another injury to our now well overpaid/fragile QB. Even our star kicker is hurt.

Bad day for Detroit fans.