Knicks trade their soul to get Melo

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6145912

Completing the deal, Denver will get Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks' 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash while Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman will head to New York, according to the Denver Post.

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Denver has pieces but don't see them working together. Maybe trade for some picks? New Jersey is done now. nothing to look forward to until the draft. As for the knicks, need a bench so won't contend this year. What a talented core though. Love Billups as a leader and Amare as the Big man. Spike Lee probably is jumping over the fact he can still wear his Landry Fields jersey now that he's staying

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
damn this doesn't help my fantasy team i think lol

Zdydy

Zdydy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great, the Renaldo Balkman drama is over

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
finally got the deal done. bout freakin time

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I have to wait and see how the pieces fit together. I was really hoping the Knicks would be able to hold more pieces from the trade because it was obvious forever Melo only wanted to sign with the Knicks. But he also didn't want to go into free agency with the unknown CBA. Well played Denver. Stupid Dolan.

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets be real for a second people because a carmelo anthony only comes around once for alot of these teams.Im sorry but they can replace chandler,felton(there is a reason this guy keeps getting traded)Danilo Gallinari and moz.Im not saying the knicks will win it this year or the next but what i am saying is now they can contend.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's gonna be weird seeing him in a dif uniform. It's gonna look weird not see the strange yellow lettering on his chest lol. Instead it's going to be orange, hmmmmm. I hope he wins a championship there.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
None of those was going to be a "Carmelo" anytime soon!! The Knicks have 2 superstars in their prime, add Billups and that team looks decent... above .500; something that Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov couldn't do. Remember that they're working to put together a GREAT (say that again, GREAT) team to be relevant in the next couple of years against the Celtics, Heat and Bulls.

Look at the Hawks? They developed their guys, got talent and they are good, but what have they won? -Nothing, Nowadays it takes a powerhouse to win in the East.

Did they over-payed? Probably Not.
Did they bid against themselves? Hell Yeah... LA or NJ was never a real option...Carmelo was never going to sign an ext. with the lousy Nets.

L

LLCoolSway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard they are looking to get a center before the trade deadline on Thursday now.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They looked really good yesterday against the Bucks with zero practice time.

I heard Dalembert and Jeffries might be bought out. And Earl Barron is still available in free agency. My preference if it works out would be to get both Dalembert and Barron to add some much needed front court help to the Knicks.