Jeter's 3000 Hit

What would you have done with Derek Jeter's 3000 Hits ball?

• Give it back like Mr. Lopez

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Donate it to the Hall of Fame

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Sell it

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Derek Jeter got his 3000 hit last Saturday with a homerun, I've been a Yankee fan since I was a kid so I was happy for the guy and he also became the first Yankee to do it. GREAT...

But here comes Mr. Lopez....with a ball worth something around $180,000 - $250,000, a mobile-phone salesman from Highland Mills, NY with thousands of dollars in debt with a student loan and he decides to give up the ball back just because he is a fan of Derek Jeter, for what? for signed bats? signed balls? a picture with Jeter? Really, he decided to give Jeter a Present worth $180,000...... to the millionaire athlete with $205,430,000 in the bank [not counting the money from Ford and Gillette ]

Some people told me is about "Doing the Right Thing", really... what about doing the right thing for his family? what about doing the right thing for his girlfriend that gave him the tickets? Maybe I'm just a bad and poor guy, but I just don't understand how with debts I'll accept signed balls and season tickets instead of cashing in big time and help myself and my family.

What do you think guys? An unselfish guy? a True fan? A Fool? :confused:

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heh i was at this game (center field, what up) and was talking to my friend about what we would do if jeter hit a HR for his 3000th hit. friend says he'd give it back and not ask for anything, i argue that i'd hold out for as much as possible ($200k would be about that i guess).

then boom like three innings later it actually happens heh. my friend comes from a rich family, has tons of money, a nice apt, no debt, etc., while i'm heavily in debt and don't have a job atm (thanks, DOJ) and would really be able to use like $2k (let alone $200k) for getting lucky.

idk i think he's pretty close to the "fool" end of the spectrum here. i'm not a yankees fan, but even if i was, i couldn't see myself handing over $200k to someone who clearly doesn't need it.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Karma... He will do well in life.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm sure he got promoted from being the guy that stands in the booths inside the mall and lures people into phone contracts to being the guy that stands behind the guy in the booth and tells him what to say

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'M 100% with V on this one

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my friend comes from a rich family, has tons of money, a nice apt, no debt, etc.,

You see, your friend CAN throw it back to the field as soon as he catches it, no regrets there. But a guy with debts....

i'm sure he got promoted from being the guy that stands in the booths inside the mall and lures people into phone contracts to being the guy that stands behind the guy in the booth and tells him what to say

I bet they promoted him to get him out of :sales: because they finally figured out that he SUCKS at "selling" things. I just expected too much from ad guys and salesman... I'll quit watching Mad Men

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great character guy, but I just hope he isn't full of regrets later. It sounded like the guy had a lot of debt, that was a great chance to get out of it and also have extra cash around to bless those around him...i dunno