Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
http://thescienceof8limbs.com/2010/04/02/jean-claude-van-damme-versus-somluck-kamsing/

The fight was originally reported as suppose to take place back in March in China.. now this fight will be taking place in Vegas in October!

Jean Claude Van Damme, actor and kickboxer, will be taking on Olympic gold medalist, Somluck Kamsing in a Muay Thai match.

He is also reporting that he is filming a reality show that shows him training, 12 of the reported 36 episodes will be him training for the fight against Kansing.

Somluck Kansing is 38.. Jean Claude Van Damme is 50.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
miricles could happen you never know

U

umpinpa22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ought to be interesting to say the least! he looks so good doing those kicks in the movies! do you have to pay per view to see this match? i'm guessing yes!

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is gonna get destroyed imo.

I hope so. I've read and heard several stories about how big of a douche he is. Supposedly he's also claimed to have beat down other film stars who are martial artists. I remember someone asking Segal about getting whipped by him and he just laughed.

Anyone remember the name of that bodyguard that KOd him at a bar? I'm thinking Vinny something... He's in the stands at UFC fights every now and then.

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is ridiculous. I read that Van Damme had a serious cocaine addiction that I hope for his sake he has licked. Still, even if he were completely clean, a 50 year old man has no business in a muay thai ring, especially one who is not an experienced professional fighter. It looks to me like Van Damme is desperate for money and attention, so he's doing this. I hope he doesn't get seriously hurt.

S

somm1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone watch his fairly recent movie JCVD? It humanized him in my eyes, and I was hoping it'd be the beginning of a comeback, as he seems to have become humbled, or at least his acting was giving me that impression.

Haven't heard much about him lately, until this thread. This fight sounds interesting, especially if he's taking it really seriously and not just trying to gimmick in to some money. Don't know anything about his opponent, but if it can be competitive, then maybe the comeback is still on.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually liked the movie, JCVD.. he did a good job with that.

jbatesm

jbatesm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not the best idea for him in my oppinion. He's going to get destroyed.

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw JCVD close up at a boxing match in Vegas about 12 years ago. He was more of a star back then and had a nice-looking lady with him. What struck me about him was that he was quite short - he looked like he was about 5' 7" or so, and that he had an unfriendly demeanor -- like, "I'm a tough guy, don't mess with me."

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Looks like the fight has been pushed back AGAIN to April 2011.. still in Vegas.

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas