Guy's amazing!!!

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Herschel Walker is an amazing athelete. Football hall of fame caliber career, Hiesmann winner, American Olympic team, track and field, and now at 47 and 48 MMA fighter!!!:eek: :eek: He also just won his 2nd fight but I couldn't find a video of it.

YouTube - Raw Video: Herschel Walker Wins MMA Debut

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro Bowls

Rushing Att
Career 1954 (35)

Rushing Yds
Career 8225 (35)

Rushing TD
Career 61 (38)

An above average career but nowhere close to hall of fame. Dude is scary though.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he had over 12000 yrds with his wfl yardage added

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Although I will never deny what a great athlete Herschel Walker was, and still is for his age, nor will I ever deny that he has great character and great heart, and is a very good positive role model.. the guys he has been fighting are cans.

His debut last year was against Greg Nagy, a guy with a record of 1-1 at the time (who is now 1-3) and didn't really know how to fight.

Scott Carson went 4-0 in his first 4 fights... back in 1999-2001. Last year in June, he returned to MMA after 9 years of not competing and was knocked out in 3 minutes. Then he went into the Walker fight. Carson should have never returned and just retired undefeated. Strikeforce will never give Walker a worthy opponent to truly test his skills. They are using Walker as a "sideshow".. something to draw people in, because people know and like Herschel Walker. Though, I can't say anything about Walker himself.. as I stated before, I really like him as a person and the type of athlete he is.. I believe he donates most of his fight money to charity as well. He's a great competitor who enjoys that competition, but won't be anything more than a sideshow in the MMA world.

Here's the ending of the fight with Scott Carson, btw:

YouTube - Herschel Walker Wins Via 1st-Round TKO

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although I will never deny what a great athlete Herschel Walker was, and still is for his age, nor will I ever deny that he has great character and great heart, and is a very good positive role model.. the guys he has been fighting are cans.

His debut last year was against Greg Nagy, a guy with a record of 1-1 at the time (who is now 1-3) and didn't really know how to fight.

Scott Carson went 4-0 in his first 4 fights... back in 1999-2001. Last year in June, he returned to MMA after 9 years of not competing and was knocked out in 3 minutes. Then he went into the Walker fight. Carson should have never returned and just retired undefeated;) . Strikeforce will never give Walker a worthy opponent to truly test his skills. They are using Walker as a "sideshow".. something to draw people in, because people know and like Herschel Walker. Though, I can't say anything about Walker himself.. as I stated before, I really like him as a person and the type of athlete he is.. I believe he donates most of his fight money to charity as well. He's a great competitor who enjoys that competition, but won't be anything more than a sideshow in the MMA world.

Here's the ending of the fight with Scott Carson, btw:

YouTube - Herschel Walker Wins Via 1st-Round TKO

THAT is all I was stating.

JasonD1014

JasonD1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow I haven't heard anything about Herschel Walker in years. Had no idea he was involved with MMA, but I guess you learn something new everyday lol

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice that he won his fight but def dont think his career will take off nor last long in MMA. too many great experienced fighters up the ranks.

nice vid btw mortis

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was in college at Auburn, Herschel Walker was at Georgia. I saw him run the 100 yard dash against Harvey Glance from Auburn who at that time was the fastest man in the world. When they crossed the finish line Herschel could have kissed Harvey on the cheek. The official time was a new world record of 9.89 but it did not hold up because of wind speed. The wind was 1 mph over the allowed wind speed. He is the second greatest athlete of all time. Of course Bo Jackson is still number one. War Eagle.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dude still does 750-1500 pushups and 2000-3500 situps per day at age 48 :eek:

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind him fighting the cans it does no harm and unlike people like James Toney Walker has a love of the sport and not the paycheck

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't mind him fighting the cans it does no harm and unlike people like James Toney Walker has a love of the sport and not the paycheck

Can't really disagree with that.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know this is kind of off topic but someone who WAS really amazing is Bo Jackson. I was watching highlights of him back in the day and it was just absolutely sick.

6'1, 230 lbs, and ran a 4.12 40 yard dash. Can you imagine if Bo trained in football all his life and played linebacker?