Green Bay -- Pittsburgh in Superbowl XLV

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, Green Bay beat Chicago (whose QB Jay Cutler went down with an injury) and Pittsburgh held off an almost historic comeback by the N.Y. Jets (which I must admit I was pleased to see). So, now Green Bay meets Pittsburgh in Superbowl XLV. I think its a great matchup. I give the edge to Pittsburgh on the strength of a more balanced offense than Green Bay and Pittsburgh having more post-season experience. Both teams have great defenses.

Last edited:
PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think pitt will take home the W...however i will be rooting for green bay

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like PattyR, My money is on the Steelers but my heart is with GB, I don't understand how Green Bay is the favorite by 2-1/2 points while the other guy has 2 Rings!!

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vegas says packers - 2.5...Go CHEESE and fu** the squealers

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think pitt will take home the W...however i will be rooting for green bay

This.

I don't mind the Steeler players, I like most of them, but I DO NOT want to see Ben win another one.

WVUsellers3

WVUsellers3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm definitely cheering for the Pack.

aside: I'm a Browns fan (yes, total loser I know! lol), so I feel like I have a moral obligation (plus I don't want my dad to b*tchslap me over the phone if he heard I wanted to root for the steelers) to never, ever, ever root for the steelers.

N

NFLD_REBEL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Steelers will win another SuperBowl. Get use to it people! Regardless of what Ben did or did not do, one person don't make a team. Pittsburgh has lots of good players who deserve a SuperBowl ring. They played good all year and deserve to be back in the big game.

JasonD1014

JasonD1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like either team, but I can't stand the Steelers, so lets go Packers and Commercials!

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unexpected but I got my cheesehead ready.

Should be a great game and I was hoping for some better half time then the BE'd Peas.

FatCatBamboo

FatCatBamboo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was upset with the conference championships. bears vs. jets would be a much sexier super bowl than packers vs. steelers. But I echo the same feelings as most posters: my heart is with the packers but I think the steelers will come away with another W. They have the experience and the talent.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u already said go pack 4 posts up jason lolz.

but i cant wait for some high quality commercials

JasonD1014

JasonD1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah lol oops, I just saw the Steelers and had to contradict it. And yeah the commercials should be great. Budweiser already started their commercials and are "to be continued"

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was upset with the conference championships. bears vs. jets would be a much sexier super bowl than packers vs. steelers. But I echo the same feelings as most posters: my heart is with the packers but I think the steelers will come away with another W. They have the experience and the talent.

have to disagree strongly...

a weak offensive bears team with jay"cant cut the mustard" cutler versus rex " fat foul mouthed foot fetishy" ryan would have been the worst possible match up

instead we are lucky to get two of the most storied franchises ...aaron"the nice guy" rodgers versus ben "the bad boy" rothlisberger...

the only bad thing about this game is pittsburgh not wearing the black and gold

FatCatBamboo

FatCatBamboo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have to disagree strongly...

a weak offensive bears team with jay"cant cut the mustard" cutler versus rex " fat foul mouthed foot fetishy" ryan would have been the worst possible match up

instead we are lucky to get two of the most storied franchises ...aaron"the nice guy" rodgers versus ben "the bad boy" rothlisberger...

the only bad thing about this game is pittsburgh not wearing the black and gold

I totally understand you. I like Rex Ryan though. I agree Jay Cutler is a wash out. So in hind sight, Jets Vs. Packers would be better than this. I'm sorry but I only derive disgust for another team because of the fans and I just can't stand those who root for the Steelers. And the majority of Steelers fans are just not cool but think they are. I imagine this may or may not be true on this forum. But the Steelers fans who think they are cool and know they aren't, you know who you think you are! SO THERE!

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you honestly think Cutler is a "wash out" then you havent watched a bears game...the man got injured, tried out his leg and couldnt go, the fact that he's being criticized so heavily is ridicoulous

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate pro bowl week, I think it's the worst "all star" game between football, basketball, and baseball.

JasonD1014

JasonD1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jho I couldn't agree more. I don't miss a game during the regular season and playoffs, but the pro bowl is ridiculous and I won't be watching it. It's not taken seriously at all, even worse now that it's the week before the Superbowl.

M

mrmood6007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly think it is Aaron Rodgers time to shine in the bright lights. As a Cal alum, he is one of the best players to ever come from the college, along with Desean Jackson and soon Jahvid Best. He has a knack for doing well in the play-offs, and for once I see them upsetting the Steelers. Go Packers!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pittsburgh still getting 2.5 - buy a point and you're golden. I know Green Bay is 'good', but the Steelers are looking solid on both sides of the ball. Doesn't hurt to have Roethlisberger either - experience, raw talent.

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Green Bay 37 Pittsburg 21....Green Bay will shred Pitts defense

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate pro bowl week, I think it's the worst "all star" game between football, basketball, and baseball.

same.

also have to root against GB. yes I'm bitter CHITOWN. lolz.