Great article by Simmons on NBA Teams you would pay to watch

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/101015&sportCat=nba

My two favorite:

7. New York
It's OK, Knicks fans. Get a little excited. You're entitled after eight years of misery. Especially because Denver might panic in mid-December after Carmelo tells the team for the 100,000th time, "I only want to play in New York."
Actually, there's reason to get excited even without a Melo trade. Not everyone embraces playing in New York -- the media, the pressure and expectations, the sophistication of the fans -- but Amare always carried himself like a superduperstar even when he wasn't. In New York, strangely, that's going to work in his favor … unless his knees don't hold up. You also have Mike D'Antoni (never dull), the intriguing Danilo Gallinari/Anthony Randolph combo (I like them both), Ray Felton (sneaky-good last year until Jameer Nelson destroyed him in the playoffs), and the mysterious Timofey Mozgov (generating "MOZGOV!!!!!!!!!!" e-mails from every Knicks fan I know). I'm not just intrigued; I'm overintrigued.
(Quick note on Randolph, my favorite random player in basketball for three years running now: Knicks fans are great at latching onto tortured talents, showering them with love and redeeming their careers. They did it for Bernard King, John Starks and Latrell Sprewell, three baggage guys with personal demons who played with heart, fed off the MSG fans and thrived. If Randolph is redeemable as an impact player -- and I think he is -- New York will bring it out. You watch.)

30. Cleveland
You knew it was coming. Just remember, Cleveland: It could be worse. You could be Seattle.

All I can remember now is how often Cleveland fans were insulting Knicks fans on message boards last year. I would argue all the time with them that without Lebron, their team is a 20-30 win squad. Now we'll see that for sure.