Golf

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very sad about the loss of Seve. He was one of the greatest, most charismatic players of all time.

:cool:

Seve Ballesteros was only 54 at the time of his death. Cancer stole away one of golf's greats way too soon. I have real memories of Seve, I was lucky enough to be at the final round of one of his early 80's Masters victories. I also remember his collapse at the 1986 Masters at which Jack Nicklaus scored his historic final major victory - I almost wish now that Seve had won that day. There was a minute of silence in remembrance of Seve Ballesteros at last weekend's Quail Hollow event - and cheering for him at the end of it.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RIP Seve! I remember an incedent. He was playing in a tournament and was one behind the leader. They were paired and he had hit a shot within a couple of feet of the flag. It was comong down to the last couple of holes and late in the day.

The leader was getting ready to hit a fairway shot and Seve was snacking on a sweet roll. He somehow got a crumb in his throat and coughed just as the guy was hitting his shot. Penalty stroke and loss for Seve! He took it like the seasoned pro that he always was.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sHAT A 6 OVER PAR FOR NINE HOLES YESTERDAY..eVEN WITH TWO DOUBLE BOGEYS....oH yEAH!!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger is fading

You now have to click on 'Complete Ranking' at http://www.officialworldgolfranking....me/default.sps to even see the name 'Tiger Woods'. Mickelson is still knocking on the door, holding steady at No.4. Doesn't look like Tiger will get it together any time soon either. Also note that Mickelson has played fewer events that the 3 persons ahead of him.

M

MrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two Brits lead world rankings followed by a German. I'm guessing this is the first time in ages no American has been in the top three.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a blazing, impressive victory at The Memorial, Steve Stricker has bulleted into the top ten to number four in the world. I can't remember a more solidly played four rounds - Tiger Woods or Phil Mickelson included. Stricker has played fewer events than any other golfer in the top ten - watch out for this guy.
http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com/home/default.sps

Last edited:
X

xqz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i don t know anything about golf except of Tiger Woods i would love to play this sport one day though i can t find where to play it in my country

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who's the favorite for this year's US Open? Some names to consider - David Toms, Steve Stricker, Robert Karlsson, Adam Hadwin, Lucas Glover, Matt Kuchar, Wes Heffernan, and Daehyun Kim as my personal favorite. The field is quickly creeping up on the favorites.

M

MrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brits top the leaderboard on final day. Rory McIroy currently has a nine shot lead over Lee Westwood. Let's hope he gets the job done this time around!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm happy for Rory, but Round 4 was boring. Mickelson phoned in a snoozer all four rounds. Phil and Tiger are becoming ghosts now, just a part of the past. They may win again, but I doubt they'll ever make it back to #1 in the world. Phil could do it, but it wouldn't last long enough to matter. It'll be fun to see if Rory's domination continues - he can be as great as Tiger, with a little luck. We've seen Steve Stricker, David Toms, and a couple other golfers dominate individual tournaments as well, but this was the US Open, so it carries more weight. It doesn't mean one guy will keep winning though. Can't wait for the British Open, and especially next year's Masters.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surely you see the difference between a person like Mcilroy and the likes of LOLricker and Toms. They don't exactly share the same traits and personalities. Rory has been in the spotlight for such a long time and has had maybe even more pressure on him than people like Striker never had because Mcilroy is expected to win and that bouceback from the Masters shows a class at a young age that Stricker does not have.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rory McIlroy has scored a US Open victory at an early age. But the odds are against McIlroy breaking Jack Nicklaus' major record, or having a career as great as that of Tiger Woods. This US Open win was also significant because he scored so low on what was considered to be a difficult course - but I don't think it's time to say the torch is passed. McIlroy obviously could win at Augusta, he has many years to do it, but I'd be willing to bet he wants a British Open trophy more. Can't question his choice to sit out the PGA now, it worked out well for him.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not saying he is going to be the greatest ever but you have to step back look at him overall and his game and realize that he has something that very few have and yes it might be early to pass the torch to him but if it has to be passed to someone, I assure McIlroy is the only young gun who has the qualities to handle it.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I agree, and Rory may have even done himself a career favor by falling apart in the final round at The Masters. I think it gave him an example of what not to do - when he got into any trouble at the US Open, he handled it well. To shoot 4 rounds in the 60's at a US Open, and finish so low, is unheard of. I don't think he can do that repeatedly. But he might not have to anyway. Tiger Woods may never recapture his former game, but God how I wish he would.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rory played exceptional golf, after I saw the way he handled the Masters collapse I was rooting for him to win the Open. The kid got talent, I agree is to early to say he will be the next Tiger, but he definitely will bring Golf to the news again, and with that, new fans to the sport.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Open

Looking grim for the Americans heading into the British Open. I say top ten players Steve Stricker and Matt Kuchar are best bets for the US (aside from Phil Mickelson, who hasn't done a thing lately). Would love to see a lot of Americans on the leaderboard heading into the final round. The boys across the pond have taken a lot of prestige away lately.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tiger-woods-apologizes-flexes.jpg

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stricker and Mickelson are hanging around for the US, but Matt Kuchar misses the cut. Dustin Johnson & Lucas Glover playing well. Awesome to see multiple US players contending, they're stepping it up at the right time. The golf over there sure is different - its a nice offbeat bump in the season, I always look forward to it.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
US royal fail

States players just faded down the stretch - DClarke cakewalked his way to the trophy. Sure, a good showing for US players, but here we go again. Never was a big Tiger Woods fan, but I hope he comes back with a vengeance, and the young talent improves as well.

L

Laurensorensen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play golf it’s a wonderful game and very interesting as well.

M

MrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great - and overdue - victory in a major by Clarke. I thought Mickelson was going to make it interesting for a while, but the wind slipped from his sails after he missed a tiddler of a putt.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great - and overdue - victory in a major by Clarke. I thought Mickelson was going to make it interesting for a while, but the wind slipped from his sails after he missed a tiddler of a putt.

Great to see, Guinness all round! Party for a month.