Football Squares--Minimum Squares sold?

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it unusual to require a certain number of squares to be sold for this? Say, do a payout to final score only and require at least 50 squares to be sold by a certain date, otherwise the money is paid back out?

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've set up a few of these at my local bar and at the legion. I've never seen anyone have a set number of squares that must be sold, the establishment has always taken all the squares not sold by gametime. If you're running one privately, it's probably a good idea, unless you want to gamble large.

As far as payout goes, 50% for final score, 25% for halftime and 12.5% for first and 3rd quarter is pretty standard (assuming you're talking football). Some people add a reverse final score but I've never bothered with that.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've set up a few of these at my local bar and at the legion. I've never seen anyone have a set number of squares that must be sold, the establishment has always taken all the squares not sold by gametime. If you're running one privately, it's probably a good idea, unless you want to gamble large.

As far as payout goes, 50% for final score, 25% for halftime and 12.5% for first and 3rd quarter is pretty standard (assuming you're talking football). Some people add a reverse final score but I've never bothered with that.

This one will be final score payout only. Winner take all. Never done them before, and haven't picked a game yet. I need a set number of squares to be sold though for reasons I think you can deduce. lol

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've heard of places doing it where you have to buy a whole row or column (10 squares).

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This one will be final score payout only. Winner take all. Never done them before, and haven't picked a game yet. I need a set number of squares to be sold though for reasons I think you can deduce. lol

Understood;)

It's your show, run it your way or dump it...but you have the right mindset...cover your ass!

One thing you should consider....if you sell half and noone has the winner, who do you pay?

Last edited:
JCuervo

JCuervo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We've had this problem, just sell as many as you can and if you have empty squares fill them based upon the percentage of people in it and drop the winnings to match what you've taken in.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Understood;)

It's your show, run it your way or dump it...but you have the right mindset...cover your ass!

One thing you should consider....if you sell half and noone has the winner, who do you pay?

raffle essentially. If I sell 60 squares and no ones square wins, I'll go by a raffle.

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have played in 25 squares and 100 squares. usually the first three quarters are paid the same and the 4th quarter is doubled. you can however pay out opposite numbers that hit on each quarter. what you are saying i something i have never heard of . sound cool though. to each his own you know:)

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you come up short you can always black out the unsold ones and add it to the total score. If you have a pretty good idea of how many you're gonna sell then chart it out for that many so you don't plan for 100 and sell 30.