Fantasy Football - What is Favre's Trade Value?

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have Favre as a backup and would like to trade him for a WR or RB now that he's officially back. Which players would I have a shot at?

I have an offer in for Shonne Green (sp?), but haven't heard anything yet. The manager has Kolb as his starter, so I figured he might go for it. Who else do I have a chance at?

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Green or Kolb over Favre? I don't get it. I would be looking more at a calibre of Romo or at least Michael Turner, especially if you get 6 pts for passing TDs (I set both my leagues for that).

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a league with standard settings, you should jump on the chance of getting shonne green in return for brett favre. Green's value is tremendous, and I see him being a top15 player this year. Look at NYJ's offensive stats last year, with Sanchez where he's at, this offense is going to be primarily a run offense, so that is going to mean plenty of touches for Green.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good point on Green. But let me add something. When you ask for FF advice, you should always list 1) your whole team, and 2) how many teams in the league. And we don't know who you should try to get, it depends on who is available. And on Favre, do you have another QB? If not, you certainly won't find a better one at the free agency pool. Most (smart)people draft a backup QB. I've been hanging out a lot here lately, and the number of people seeking advice without providing those details unnerves me But many helpful and knowledgable folk there...

http://www.nfl.com/fans/forums?plck...c6bForum:ac1a525e-e038-43b4-ba7e-c116e3d6961d

iamhukleberry

iamhukleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't see what the problem is keepin favre as your back up q.b he will more than likely have a perty good season if he plays every game and stays healthy..he will have plenty of targets and good drop downs with peterson..

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep Brett till mid season & watch his performance. He doesn't seem to be injury prone, however his only liability is his retirement age.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good point on Green. But let me add something. When you ask for FF advice, you should always list 1) your whole team, and 2) how many teams in the league. And we don't know who you should try to get, it depends on who is available. And on Favre, do you have another QB? If not, you certainly won't find a better one at the free agency pool. Most (smart)people draft a backup QB. I've been hanging out a lot here lately, and the number of people seeking advice without providing those details unnerves me But many helpful and knowledgable folk there...

http://www.nfl.com/fans/forums?plck...c6bForum:ac1a525e-e038-43b4-ba7e-c116e3d6961d

It's a standard ESPN league with 10 teams. 4 pts. per passing TD. My team:

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - Frank Gore
RB - Clinton Portis
WR - Sidney Rice
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Marques Colston
TE - Jason Whitten
D - Vikings
K - Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:

LT
Brett Favre
Arian Foster
Nate Burleson
Larry Johnson
Devin Hester
Kyle Orton

I just see no reason to hold onto Favre as a backup if I can get good value from him to bolster my RBs or WRs. I think I'm weakest at RB unless Foster really produces for Houston. Still waiting for a decision from the manager I offered Favre to.

As far as who is available, everyone is available. lol. I'm not looking at free agents.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Green or Kolb over Favre? I don't get it. I would be looking more at a calibre of Romo or at least Michael Turner, especially if you get 6 pts for passing TDs (I set both my leagues for that).

If I thought I had any chance at Turner I would make that offer. I don't see that happening. In fact, I think that trade might even get a veto.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, not a single Falcons player. :(

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, not a single Falcons player. :(

Nah, none of them fell in line for me. Would've took Turner in 2nd round if he had been there, but he was gone. Looked for White, but he went a couple picks before I took my first receiver.

Hordling

Hordling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly with that lineup I'd trade him for a RB and WR that is better than your current depth. And then the week you need a QB... Just wavier the best option that week.

Worst case: Manning gets hurt and you can trade up for someone better.

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would take Greene AND the best WR I could get for Favre. Jennings was only ok last year. Burleson can't stay healthy, and Hester plays for the Bears. You can use an upgrade at wr for sure.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a standard ESPN league with 10 teams. 4 pts. per passing TD. My team:

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - Frank Gore
RB - Clinton Portis
WR - Sidney Rice
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Marques Colston
TE - Jason Whitten
D - Vikings
K - Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:

LT
Brett Favre
Arian Foster
Nate Burleson
Larry Johnson
Devin Hester
Kyle Orton

I just see no reason to hold onto Favre as a backup if I can get good value from him to bolster my RBs or WRs. I think I'm weakest at RB unless Foster really produces for Houston. Still waiting for a decision from the manager I offered Favre to.

As far as who is available, everyone is available. lol. I'm not looking at free agents.

Good god, what an amazing starting team. With the exception of Portis, they are all studs or semi-studs. Buzz is that Arian Foster is a huge sleeper. They are sick & tired of Slaton's ball handling skills, or lack thereof. And surely you've heard Ben Tate their rookie RB is out for the season with a fractured ankle. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ace-rookie-rb-tate-on-ir-with-fractured-ankle

Larry Johnson as a handcuff to Portis is laughable. He's long done. Burleson was done in Seattle and completely expendable in your lineup. I'd look to get rid of 2 out of the following 3: Hester, Burleson, and LT. IMHO, Larry Johnson and Orton should have no trade value, especially in a 10 team league. In fact I would comb that waiver wire ASAP, and outright drop then to add anyone with trade value. Perhaps another TE for yourself with Wittens week 4 bye. I think Chris Cooley will be great behind McNabb, if he's available.

Sorry, I just can't let go of Favre here. Your team simply does not need that kind of help. And OMG, do you really want someone else to have him?

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a standard league, Green has more value than Brett Freaking Favre. You people saying that he should get a RB & WR do not understand relative value in fantasy. In a league with 1 QB starting, and with him already having Manning, Favre is injury insurance (not a great injury insurance imo when the guy will be turning 41) and collecting dust on the bench week in and week out without providing any points.

Green has a realistic potential to provide RB1 #'s or even better. He's going to be wayyy better than Portis. If I could get someone like Green or Jamaal Charles in return for Favre I would do it asap.

Hordling

Hordling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I meant and/or somehow I missed that part. opps.

I think you could get 2 mid range guys for him, depends on what other teams have. One great guy is the best option.

Is he a good backup to have, yeah but honestly you've got a top tier QB. after/around the farve teir range is all about the same. Plus do you get dinged for turnovers or not. If not, a guy who chucks the ball can be a hidden gem.

I try not to get hung up on Farve, but from past seasons so many people do and over trade for him. I'd take advantage of it now pre-season for someone you know that will be solid all season.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a standard league, Green has more value than Brett Freaking Favre. You people saying that he should get a RB & WR do not understand relative value in fantasy. In a league with 1 QB starting, and with him already having Manning, Favre is injury insurance (not a great injury insurance imo when the guy will be turning 41) and collecting dust on the bench week in and week out without providing any points.

Green has a realistic potential to provide RB1 #'s or even better. He's going to be wayyy better than Portis. If I could get someone like Green or Jamaal Charles in return for Favre I would do it asap.

Seems that you're the only one that actually answered my OP. Thanks. Still waiting on my offer for Greene. It looks like that manager isn't very active. I thought about Charles, but Jones being there worries me a little. I'm thinking of offering Favre for Ryan Grant.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have Favre as a backup and would like to trade him for a WR or RB now that he's officially back. Which players would I have a shot at?

I have an offer in for Shonne Green (sp?), but haven't heard anything yet. The manager has Kolb as his starter, so I figured he might go for it. Who else do I have a chance at?

Seems that you're the only one that actually answered my OP. Thanks. Still waiting on my offer for Greene. It looks like that manager isn't very active. I thought about Charles, but Jones being there worries me a little. I'm thinking of offering Favre for Ryan Grant.

You didn't even specify you specifically needed a RB. But how would anyone know who you have a shot at? I posted 3 times both asking for additional info, and giving you all kinds of feedback. Not only do you show no gratitude, but you add insult to injury with this last post.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You didn't even specify you specifically needed a RB. But how would anyone know who you have a shot at? I posted 3 times both asking for additional info, and giving you all kinds of feedback. Not only do you show no gratitude, but you add insult to injury with this last post.

Uh, what? My original post clearly stated that I wanted to trade Favre for a WR or RB. All I was asking was what caliber of a player could I expect to get in return for Favre. Could I get a 3rd round WR or RB, a 4th rounder, etc. That seems like a fairly simple question to me. I don't see what other information is needed to answer that question, but I did post my lineup after you asked.

I wasn't trying to insult you or anyone else with that last post, but he was the only one that actually mentioned some players I might possibly get for Favre.

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greene is a clear 2nd round pick. Favre is not, since he is one of about 8 or 9 top quality QBs with more risk than most of the others. Greene is exactly what your team needs. If he trades you Greene for Favre straight up, go for it.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Uh, what? My original post clearly stated that I wanted to trade Favre for a WR or RB. All I was asking was what caliber of a player could I expect to get in return for Favre.

I wasn't trying to insult you or anyone else with that last post, but he was the only one that actually mentioned some players I might possibly get for Favre.

WR or RB, yes you did, my bad. Well, any cheat sheet should tell you who is projected to get a similar # of points. But who is willing to trade any of them depends on the roster they wound up with, which is impossible for an outsider of your league to know.

Perhaps you were not trying to insult anyone. But when you make a point to mention that he was the only one, with no acknowledgement to the help others intended to offer, it is a bit insulting. I mean, anyone looking at my posts could tell, I spent a decent deal of time trying to help, even though you clearly had your mind set to get rid of Favre to improve elsewhere, maybe a good move. Good luck with your team.

Last edited:
C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WR or RB, yes you did, my bad. Well, any cheat sheet should tell you who is projected to get a similar # of points. But who is willing to trade any of them depends on the roster they wound up with, which is impossible for an outsider of your league to know.

Perhaps you were not trying to insult anyone. But when you make a point to mention that he was the only one, with no acknowledgement to the help others intended to offer, it is a bit insulting. I mean, anyone looking at my posts could tell, I spent a decent deal of time trying to help, even though you clearly had your mind set to get rid of Favre to improve elsewhere, maybe a good move. Good luck with your team.

Yes, I'm determined to trade Favre unless I just can't get a quality player in return. I've made several offers to different managers and no one has rejected or accepted. It looks like no one is active in my league at the moment.

I checked the waivers as you mentioned in an earlier post and there's just not anyone there to bother with. After the QBs, Ks, and Defenses, Chris Chambers is the highest rated free agent. Cooley was long gone before the draft ended. I may drop Larry Johnson and grab someone since it looks like he'll be the 3rd back for the Redskins behind Portis and Parker, but I'm not sure it will really help my team.