ESPN Gridiron Playoff Challenge, Cardschat Pool

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EDIT:

If you're sending me money, be sure to PM me telling me what your entry is called, and what your FTP or PS name is! I want to be able to keep the forum member account names linked with Full Tilt names & entries.

Entry Deadline: January 5th, 2011

ESPN Gridiron Playoff Challenge

Here's how this goes down:

$10 to enter. You can still join the group if you don't want to pay, but you won't be eligible for payout. But you can compete with the rest of the group without paying.

Send payment to c9 on Full Tilt (preferred). I can also take stars money, but its a hassle. CeeNine from Chapel Hill on both sites. Please PM me here telling me you've paid and what your FTP or PS username is. Once you've paid, you should be able to see the fact that you've paid in the group message.

We're playing the whole playoffs out, this isn't some weekly thing. Payout occurs at the end of the super bowl.

1st pays 50% of the pool.
2nd pays 30%
3rd pays 20%

Group Name: Super Degens Unite!
Group Password: RunGood$$$

Rules are listed on the ESPN site, but in short its a salary cap fantasy game.

Last edited:
Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So we make a fantasy team consisting of 9 players and thats it or am I missing something?

Besides sending the money of course.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im interested but im confused

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's how things work:

Week 1, you buy players. You have $50 with which to buy them, and players will range anywhere from $3 for the bad ones to $8 for the best ones. You then get fantasy points for their performance.

The twist comes with what happens the following week. In the next week, if your players played on a playoff team that lost, you obviously have to buy new players. However, if you selected players that didn't get eliminated you can keep them at the price you originally paid for them.

The prices of the players each week are determined by their past performance. So if a player has a monster game, his price will go up. But if you bought him before his monster game, you can keep his original price locked in. Here's an example:

Suppose you buy Ray Rice in week 1 of the playoffs for $6. He has a monster game and makes it to week 2. His price will now be $6.50 or so, but since you purchased him for $6 in week 1, you can keep him on your team for that price ($6).

Lastly, for the divisional championship game, rosters are locked. You cannot alter who you're playing in the superbowl. So buying players on the two superbowl teams is fairly important.

I'm currently playing the regular season version of the game. Here's what my week 15 roster looked like:

And then in week 16, I made the following changes:

I kept Jacob Tamme, Olindo Mare, and Kenny Britt each week because they were so cheap compared to their market prices. But the rest of the players, I tried to choose players that had a good match up each week.

Last edited:
Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am assuming you would use the whole 50 to get the first weeks team, how do you maintain money to stock up the second week?
Is that where the fantasy points for performance comes in?
What if all of your players sucked the first week, how do you get players for the 2nd week?

If this is explained there i would be more than happy to read it, I didnt see it though, It just mentioned selecting 9 players.

Oh and is there a draft, or we better sign up fast to pick the players first...

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am assuming you would use the whole 50 to get the first weeks team, how do you maintain money to stock up the second week?
You get $50 each week.

Is that where the fantasy points for performance comes in?
What if all of your players sucked the first week, how do you get players for the 2nd week?
You get your $50 and buy new ones. Or if they weren't eliminated in the playoffs despite their suckiness, you can usually buy them again the next week at a discount.

Oh and is there a draft, or we better sign up fast to pick the players first...
There's no draft. You can pick any player you want every week, and everyone in the league can use the same players if they like.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh that is really cool then, I will def do this, and ship by tomorrow on tilt.
Is there a cap as to how many can sign up, and that is my last question, lol

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh that is really cool then, I will def do this, and ship by tomorrow on tilt.
Is there a cap as to how many can sign up, and that is my last question, lol
No, there's no cap. However, I'd guess somewhere around 8-10 people will end up playing. However, if we get more than say, 15-20, I'll probably expand the prize pool so that more spots pay out.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Joe stole the name of my team - should be a penalty for that.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be sure to shoot me a PM giving me your information. It makes my job of sorting out who paid and who didn't much easier.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
subscribing to thread, will most likely be down to play in this, will have to look over one last time with sober eyes tomorrow tho

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bump da bump. I want to get everyone signed up by today at least. I go on vacation on the 6th through the 10th, so it will be much easier to keep everyone sorted if I sign you up before then.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bump da bump. I want to get everyone signed up by today at least. I go on vacation on the 6th through the 10th, so it will be much easier to keep everyone sorted if I sign you up before then.

wait so how do i sign up

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i think i signed up

shipped CeeNine (C, penguin) on FTP, will PM you with my username

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kinda surprised I've only gotten 1 unpaid member so far. You'd think we'd have more people playing for fun that just want to try it out.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you scared em off with the team name imo

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joined. I'll be shipping the $10 later today.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya, this league is pretty non-degen since its $10 :|

Btw, right now we have 7 paid members in. If I don't reach 10, I'll probably just limit the payout to 1st & 2nd place. Hope that's cool with everyone.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you got Icemonkey's money you should have 8 paid now- I know Bwammo sent his too.

Last day for anyone else to get in!

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kinda surprised I've only gotten 1 unpaid member so far. You'd think we'd have more people playing for fun that just want to try it out.

i'm a bankroll nit so i'll give it a shot for free/fun. :) (buhbuhburlz)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am glad I am one of the very select few who did not pick NO Saints for defense. :p

Iron Poker - Titan Poker Deutsch