gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always walk in the park, and old people always play chess there! But I've never seen teenagers play. I love to play since I was a kid and I still do. Does this mean that the game is not interesting for young people and why?

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would guess that video games have more appeal...

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Not at all, chess is a sport for all ages and the earlier you practice it, the faster you will exercise your mind to solve the different problems of everyday life.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
To be a good chess player is like to be a good football player. Old people playing is the same as old people play football or soccer in the park.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
NOT Really. Magnus Carlsen is a multiple world champion and he's just 31 years old.

ponistra7

ponistra7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not a sport for old people. I think older people play it more, because they have more free time than working people.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope. I play chess daily its very relaxing and also its interestinf to see how you get better and better and so you are able to anticipate more and more moves.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Once I was playing chess and the opponent thought, thought, thought, but thought so much that I ended up sleeping on the table.:ROFLMAO:

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Old folks, yes; young folks, yes; middle aged folks, yes; etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All simply! Yes, in the parks more often play at Chess the Old people, but Young people play in the prestige Chess tournaments,
and get the good prize money!.. For example Champion World by Chess is Magnus Carlsen, and Him is only 31 old years...
And Champion World He became earlier yet!

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is explained very simply. As long as you are young, the priorities in life are the same and you will become old and life changes. Old people will not go to the dance floors to shake their bones)). They spend their free time doing something quiet and not noisy.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I always walk in the park, and old people always play chess there! But I've never seen teenagers play. I love to play since I was a kid and I still do. Does this mean that the game is not interesting for young people and why?
no, chess is not for the elderly, even children play it, mostly middle-aged people from 22-30 years old

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Chess is a very old game, you need a lot of knowledge and practice to succeed in it. Since the game has a leisurely theme and only 2 opponents, it can sometimes seem boring, so it is not very popular among young people. I don't often notice its ads, coverage of big tournaments than poker, for example.

Jorgesq7

Jorgesq7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so because I have seen people who like chess since they were children

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah when I was a child in the 80's 90's, almoust in all parks there were concrete chess tables. The board was painted on them and there were old people playing chess there and children usually watched them. Unfortunatelly the old people disappeared...but still many people play this game online. My best friend was a pro chess player and he still plays the game online. On twitch there are chess streams and almoust all of the streamers are very young. The game wont die. :)

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it has more to do with the fact that young people today have more options to entertain themselves than with the game itself

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess is a matter of intelligence and logical dexterity and is not dependent on age.
The problem is that with today's teenagers, I want to achieve a point where these two aspects are as low as possible. Because dumbs and people who live for pleasure are easier to manipulate.
You only have to watch the current programs on TV or click on the productions of a couple of "Youtubers", and you can already see what a beautiful new world we are heading towards. They just degrade intelligence (respect to the exception)...

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess is an intellectual game, you need to have good patience and perseverance when playing a game of chess. Age doesn't matter here, it's just that not everyone likes this dynamic of the game,

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen many videos of tournaments of chess and they are of younger players.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
old people can play long games ...... youngsters can learn to use a clock and play many fast matches !

F

Foldcallraise

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
By no means is chess a sport for all ages and the sooner you practice it, the faster you will exercise your mind to solve the different problems of everyday life.
I think chess is as complex a game as poker

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If it can be considered a game for older people, since young people prefer other games. It seems to me that this is because they may consider it boring

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that today's young people play much more chess than adult people, I think it's a great game to instill in youth!

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've started playing chess in the age of 5

Top 10 Games