Charles Barkley rips Jay Cutler critics

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I was mad at the players, to be honest with you," Barkley said Tuesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I think it was inappropriate and wrong to question a guy's heart. Now reporters, they're going to do what they want to. They're entitled to their opinion. But as players, I don't think it's appropriate to question another guy's heart.

"That crosses the line, because you don't know. If you go back and start looking at all the stuff that's been said, and clearly one of the more vocal critics was Maurice Jones-Drew, and then you find out he missed the last two games with a bad knee. And he was really the first guy who crucified Jay. You have to be careful, because in the two most important games of the year, he sat out with a bad knee. And then it really makes him look like an idiot now."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6057618

See also Like it or not: Jay Cutler's problem is he's not liked, and the only way he can change that is to win,http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/columns/story?columnist=isaacson_melissa&id=6055439

Last edited:
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to mention that MJD's backup, Rashad Jennings averaged a full yard per carry more than MJD this year. Maybe MJD shoulda had his meniscus repaired?

DINGO8MYBABY

DINGO8MYBABY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree with Barkley on this one. It's low rent to speculate on how hurt someone is and knock them for it. I saw that Barkley stated this right after I finished his book I May Be Wrong But I Doubt It, which is a really good book--smart with no BS.

B

ballers101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jay Cutler had a torn ligament like seriously all those critics like journalist who have been bashing this dude are such idiots. They have never stepped onto the NFL field as a player but they all act as though they know everything. Cutler was the most sacked QB in the last year and he wanted to play but because he a torn ligament his coach did not let him play and rightly so. He wasn't play well because he's injury was restricting him significantly. Players in the NFL have a reason because they have gone through tough injuries, well at least some of them. However, it is obvious that Cutler's injury was very serious and he was not helping the team by being on the field. Look at the result as well, the 3rd string QB almost lead the team and nearly tied up the game, good decision by the coach to sit out Cutler. BTW I Agree with Barkley 100%.

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not saying that I agree with anyone who says Cutler quit on his teammates, his city or himself. But it wasn't at all clear in watching the game how exactly he injured himself, much less how bad the injury was. And he just sat on the bench, stone-faced throughout the rest of the game (with a single exception when the third stringer led them to their first TD), which didn't help his case. He just looked disinterested, as if he'd already checked out. It's a dangerous thing to pretend we can read another's thoughts or motivations, but why he didn't seem more supportive of his team once he went down is a little hard to understand - but maybe not so hard, given Cutler's history.

I'm a little disappointed in the NFL network team, generally a bunch of retired superstars that have no impartiality whatsoever. It's way too easy to say that "you'd have to carry me off the field before I'd ever leave a playoff game", true or not. Those guys ought to know better to question another player's heart without at least a shred of evidence.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cutler has so many haters. lolz. Was amazing the reaction he got.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it wasn't fair all the criticism that Cutler got, but at the same time he left himself to be open to that kind of criticism in the first place. There are some things that he can act upon and implement but he chooses to ignore (ie: body language)

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cutler biggest problem: Bad Acting; guess he will Never Make it in Hollywood!!!

B

bertman19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cutler looks allof all the time. People think that means he doesn't care. Sometimes I agree.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think he was acting about his injury though, im sure he wanted to play.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cutler looks allof all the time. People think that means he doesn't care. Sometimes I agree.

This. He should at least put on the headset and scouted the field to help the qb in the game. He acted like a big baby.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i still miss cutler as a bronco though lol

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One day Sir Charles Barkley will be govenor of Alabama. He is from the Birmingham area and played his college basketball at Auburn University. We have not had a real good team since he graduated.