Brett Favre says he's retiring

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Brett Favre was the NFL's ultimate iron man for 19 years, inspiring coaches and teammates with unparalleled toughness and thrilling fans with a daredevil's verve and a showman's sense of the moment."

"Yet the once-irrepressible Favre never looked older or more fragile than in year No. 20. The magic of last season, and most of his brilliant career, never seemed farther away."

"It had to end some time. And Favre says that time is now."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5981171

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This one is actually legit.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
99% sure he is actually retiring this year. Saw something on ESPN thoough....heard somebody say that if the nfl were to go in a blackout then the season would be 9 games long and the vikings coach is likely to return and loves favre and POSSIBLY would try to get him to come back

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
retiring??? again?? ffs LEAVE ALREADY

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i heard the vikings were gonna bribe favre with 10 BJ's from scarlett for him to come back next year

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope to hell it's true. He circled the drain pretty much all year and got his ass kicked most every game.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I believe it this time.. no need to continue now, since he can't continue his streak of games starting. That's probably one of the reasons why he wanted to continue, to keep that streak alive.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's gone. Stick a fork in him. For real this year. What's left to prove...nothing.

FatCatBamboo

FatCatBamboo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i heard the vikings were gonna bribe favre with 10 BJ's from scarlett for him to come back next year

Don't you mean Jenn?

From Brett's perspective, it must be impossible for him to toss in the towel. His passion for the game is so immense, he just has nothing else he wants to do.

At the end of the day, I wish he would just retire and get it over with. He's been messing with the media's minds for too long. I'm tired of hearing about Brett Favre on SC.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please, don't tell me ESPN got this on BREAKING NEWS!!!

I

IQ 34

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nfl leader for interceptions thrown

Atticus22

Atticus22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
goodbye already, Favre...

enough is enough

gobthemagician

gobthemagician

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way he's coming back this year, after such an unsuccessful year. The vikings wouldn't even want him back this time. Afterall a major reason why he came back this year was because vikings players went and convinced him..

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't wait to see his Hall of Fame speech.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a believer on him out for sure. He's just unable to sustain tackles.

JasonD1014

JasonD1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favre has had a great career, maybe the greatest of all time, but it's definitely time to call it quits. He should have quit last year after he had his best year of his career. I really hope he doesn't try to come back again next year, I think he would just embarrass himself.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a believer on him out for sure. He's just unable to sustain tackles.

that and the fact that he ended his own NFL record for consecutive starts and having a shitty season shows he is starting to wear down.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favre couldn't play next year even if he wanted too...his body is too busted up. Couldnt get past the first 5 mins of any game.

Glad hes gone, very overrated....