Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having just watched Barcelona demolish Man Utd 3-1 in the
European Cup Final I wonder if you agree with me and a lot of other people who think that they are the best club side ever?
The way they seem to think twice as fast as their opponents and have twice the time to pass the ball and the way they move into space is just poetry.
Being a scouser I didnt want Man Utd to win but I actually felt a bit sorry for them, I certainly have never seen a better team, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi etc, they are just out of this world.

Well done Barcelona:)

M

MrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed. I'm a Man U fan but Barcelona were playing on another level tonight. They keep possession brilliantly and play short passes, threading it through the opposition. Then Messi & Co use speed to create space for a shot - and before you know it they've scored. A brilliant team who play in a completely different way to English sides like Man U. A joy to watch.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As you say it is completely different from the way English sides play and it was a joy to watch and if it is any consolation to Man Utd there isnt a team in europe that could have lived with Barca tonight, they were on a different planet and Lionel Messi was on another universe.
I do feel sorry for Van Der Saar tho, not a nice way to finish his career but he has been a great goalkeeper and good luck to him in the future.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That was a great example of the way football should be played - and i am very happy at being able to see them on tv each week :D

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Barcelona are clearly the best team worldwide atm.

It's hard to compare looking at all time though.

Real Madrid 55/56-59/60 (5 CL wins in a row); Ajax Amsterdam70/71-72/73 (3 in a row) and Bayern München 73/74-75/76 (3 in a row)

were dominating the scene decades ago - yet would probably be crushed by any half decent European team of today.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As you say Graf its impossible to compare teams from different eras but Real Madrid, Ajax and Bayern Munchen and now Barcelona are probably the four best teams of all time but the fitness levels and nutrition are so superior these days that I agree that any half decent team today would dominate any of the first three, but Barca are a different proposition.
Mentioning Bayern Munich reminds me of the best game I ever watched my team Everton play, in 1985 We played Bayern Munich in the semi final of the cup winners cup, drew 0-0 in Munich and Everton came from 0-1 down at half time to win 3-1, magical, i went to the game in Munich and I think Munich is a gorgeous city and would love to visit there again one day.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This Barca team are the best ever at passing the ball, they make top sides look average.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They play well as a team and Messi... What can you say about the guy? Brilliant!! [Even though I think Messi gets a lot of help from David Villa]

The score was not fair. That game should have ended like 5-1, no disrespect to the Man U fans but Barça is way ahead of everyone else!!

¡Visca Barça!

escudo-barcelona.gif

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm a Man U fan but I have to admit that Barcelona crushed my team.
Best team ever?...they could be.

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a Man U fan but I have to admit that Barcelona crushed my team.
Best team ever?...they could be.

u are the first man u fan i hav heard giving credit to barca, my facebook is infested with man u fans slaggin liverpool arsenal etc, and not accepting they wer bet by a better team, well done dude give crdit wher credit due

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u are the first man u fan i hav heard giving credit to barca, my facebook is infested with man u fans slaggin liverpool arsenal etc, and not accepting they wer bet by a better team, well done dude give crdit wher credit due
MU fan here, but i mean, come on, we can´t be blind about teams.

Barca have the #1 man of argentina National League, and the #1 man from Spain (World cup champions).

MU have a kid from mexico and a great player from England.

To be true was surprised that first time end 1-1

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This site www.footballpantheon.com/2011/05/the-50-greatest-european-club-sides/ tries to go a little deeper in analyzing the "best" team ever.

They ranked the Ajax side of 65-70 as the greatest with the Real Madrid team from 53-60 ranked second and the Liverpool side from 75-84 at 3rd.
Current Barca team at 4th

But like graff said earlier it is impossible to compare different era´s since the game has change so much and the athleticism of the players keeps increasing.
Are Barca the best team in the world today? Yes, ever? Impossible to say.

But since we are on the subject I think we have to give a shout out to the Ac Milan side of the nineties, amazing defensive team with Maldini,Costacurta and Baresi in the back 4.

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to determine whether barca are better than a Real team of 35 years ago. I do believe that the skill level between the top sides is much closer now, which is why I think Barca ARE the best ever.

Amroth

Amroth

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im Barca supporter, and I think they may be the better club ever.

But, football has changed a lot, so I think u cant compare an actual club with one of 30 or 40 years ago.

So we can conclude they may be the best actual football team.