Andre Dawson Headed to Hall of Fame.

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"NEW YORK -- Andre Dawson was elected to the Hall of Fame on Wednesday in his ninth try, while Bert Blyleven and Roberto Alomar fell just short of earning baseball's highest honor.

Dawson received 420 of 539 votes in results announced by the Baseball Writers' Association of America, 15 more than the 75 percent necessary to gain election. The eight-time All-Star outfielder had fallen 44 votes short last year."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hof10/news/story?id=4801847

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And well deserved. He should have been a first ballot HOF'er IMO.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can say I was a big fan during a his Montreal days. Never missed a game. Andre was truly a team player and a class act!

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, I just saw the news on MLB network. He deserves it. I always enjoyed watchin' him play (even when he was w/ the stinky Cubs LOL), he was a great athlete & gave it his all every play.

WTG Hawk!

AndreDawsonAutograph.jpg

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live about 2 hours from Montreal in New York so we would go to games all the time. I've seen him play on many occasions. He was always a joy to watch and as I recall, a class act.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live about 2 hours from Montreal in New York so we would go to games all the time. I've seen him play on many occasions. He was always a joy to watch and as I recall, a class act.

+1

I've seen him play once when he was w/ the Cubs vs. St. Louis, I think I was 11 or 12 not sure. Glad he's going to the HOF now. Well deserved.

Jodieblonde

Jodieblonde

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Andre was a great player and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Every once in a while, in spite of themselves, baseball does something right.
Bravo.