ALLEN IVERSON RETIREMENT?

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today it was finally announced that allen iverson plans to retire. After a horrendous start to the season with the stupid grizzlies, it seems as though there is no home for AI.

This news saddens me deeply as the answer has always and will always be my favorite player to play the game of basketball. His legacy will always be remembered and he will always be remembered as a legend.

future hall of famer? no question. best little man to ever play the game? imo yes. its apparent he still has gas in the tank but i dunno if we will ever get to see him run the court again. hopefully a miracle happens and some team will sign him.

If not than i wanna say thanks allen iverson. You not only inspired me to play basketball, but you looked like a f%%kin man playing it yourself. You leave behind a shit load of great games and moments, too bad all those moments didn lead to a ring on your finger cuz god knows you deserved it.

GG bud....

PRACTICE? PRACTICE? we talkin bout PRACTICE man..PRACTICE..not a game not a game..we talkin bout PRACTICE..PRACTICE...lmfao

YouTube- Allen Iverson/Till I Collapse

Last edited:
D

DREW0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubt he still has gas in his tank but his refusal to consider anything but a starting/staring role limits his atractiveness to most teams. No coach wants to be told who he can and cannot start or sit, and we have seen, with Mephis, how he reacts when not given the role he expects.

cha4zz

cha4zz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AI will not retire. 100% guaranteed he is back with a team by the all star break at the latest.

What AI needs to realise is that he is no longer going to be any teams first option at all. If he wants to play for a championship, then he is going to have to settle for a 6th man role, and if he just wants to play for a team such as Memphis, then he has to realise he no longer is going to have the ball for 75% of the time.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the knicks need a spark

AI anybody?

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knicks need more than a spark.. Maybe a relocation to the bronx would do it... JayZ neone?

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh btw,,,, Crazziest stutter cross over in history.. Broke Jordans ankles more than once..

H

HipHopStoner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, he will not retire.. he just doesn't want to be on a terrible team.. He is concited but most likely his main goal would be to win a championship and that ain't going to happen with the Grizzlies.

Take Sundin for example he is doing the same thing.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AI is willing to come off the bench of ANY team IF THEY WIN!!

if the team continues to lose than by god he wants to start to help out. hope everybody is right and he gets picked up.

and yea...possibly has the sickest crossover mankind has ever seen

FREEROLLSFTW

FREEROLLSFTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sixers would be great if they can work it out, unlikely tho since AI won't accept a bad deal but if SOMEHOW they connect, they can be the Cinderella team in the playoffs

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ahahaha. with Philly.. PattyR.. even u cant tell me this isnt RIDICULOUS

PHILADELPHIA - Allen Iverson not only may come out of retirement in a matter of days. But he also could very well return to the franchise where all of his glory began.

Numerous team sources confirmed on Friday that the 76ers' brass has already talked — and talks will only escalate this weekend — about bringing Iverson back to Philadelphia. Possibly as early as next week.

10430778_36_3.jpg
Stephen A. Smith of FOX Sports Radio. ( / Getty Images)
"It's being seriously considered," one Sixers official said before his team lost to the Atlanta Hawks on Friday night. "We know the history. We know the ups and downs. But we're also aware of what (Iverson) can do and that he's needed here. We simply can't just ignore the upside he'd bring. Not with our situation."
As of Friday night, coach Eddie Jordan was on board with bringing Iverson back, according to sources. So were officials within the club's hierarchy, along with the team's executive adviser, Sonny Hill.
The rest of Jordan's coaching staff is amenable to Iverson's return, including assistant and former Sixer Aaron McKie, one of Iverson's best friends, as well as assistant coach Randy Ayers — the former Sixers coach who had his share of run-ins with Iverson, ultimately lasting just 52 games before he was dismissed by former president and GM Billy King in 2003-04.
The Sixers say they are aware it will cost them less than $3 million to get Iverson — "possibly less than $2 million, according to another team source — and have every intention of acting on it, probably as early as Tuesday.
With the Sixers' scheduled to play San Antonio on Sunday, then Dallas on Monday, sources said it's entirely possible Jordan will fly from Dallas to Atlanta to meet with Iverson on Tuesday. That also happens to be the day Iverson is scheduled to meet with his former coach at Georgetown, John Thompson.
As far as the Sixers are concerned, it's almost a no-brainer.
Entering Friday night, the Sixers were ranked 29th in league attendance, averaging 11,820 fans. Only the Memphis Grizzlies are worse.
10440376_36_2.jpg
The Sixers traded away Allen Iverson when he was averaging more than 30 points. (Brian Babineau / Getty Images)
Jordan is said to be incredibly frustrated with everything from Elton Brand's work ethic to Andre Iguodala's inability to make plays off the dribble. The one player he absolutely loves, guard Louie Williams, is out for eight weeks with a broken jaw.
"Eddie needs a playmaker," another source said. "He needs an identity. Something to create some excitement."
To add to the misery, the Sixers are 5-11, averaging just 97.6 points. Their only bona fide shooter is Jason Kapono. So there's no question Iverson is appealing to the Sixers at the moment; even to team chairman Ed Snider, who screamed, "We're gonna trade him," before actually shipping Iverson (averaging 31.2 points per game at the time) to Denver in 2006.
The question remains, however, whether the Sixers would be appealing to Iverson.
"Scratch that," one of Iverson's confidants told me last night. "He's interested."
One thing's for sure: If Iverson returns to Philadelphia, he will be a starter.
Team sources confirmed on Friday that Iverson would be a starter because Jordan had planned on starting Williams with rookie Jrue Holiday anyway, just to put some excitement and more ball-handlers into his Princeton-style offense. So even once Williams returns from injury, he'd be in the starting lineup with Iverson.
That means Iverson will return as a starter. He'll be back in Philadelphia. And with the talent the Sixers already have on their roster, he could be the missing piece that propels them back to the playoffs.
Assuming, of course, the Sixers are willing to pull the trigger.
Under normal circumstances, considering the manner in which Iverson departed, the Sixers wouldn't do this.
"But let's face it: We're very, very boring right now," a team source said. "We have absolutely nothing to lose by bringing Iverson back. Nothing at all."
FOX Sports Radio's Stephen A. Smith is a Sports Columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer. He's covered the NBA for the past 13 years as a beat writer for the Philadelphia 76ers before becoming an NBA Columnist in 2001. In 2003, he was elevated to General Sports Columnist.

https://login.live.com/ppsecure/sec...372/Sixers-appear-ready-to-bring-back-Iverson

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PC...im the biggest iverson fan in the world...no lie..i never thought he would go back to phillly..that was my favorite team he was on...wow...never heard this news either...been caught up with thanksgiving and shit..this just brightened my night

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He shouldnt go there. Get on a winning team instead

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He shouldnt go there. Get on a winning team instead

i wish he could get on a winning team as well...however..ill take him playing on a shitty team rather than sitting at home any day

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
god. i didnt even know he was on the grizzlies. that is too bad that he is going to retire. he needed a team to call home. after the sixers all was lost for him basically. i think he thinks he need to be the guy which is true in most cases but he does need to be a team player. i think he just couldnt get along with certain people and that is what made him get into this position.

justinx

justinx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Allen Iverson(notes) and the Philadelphia 76ers are closer to a reunion.
A person with knowledge of the contract talks says the Sixers offered a one-year, non-guaranteed contract to Iverson on Tuesday. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the contract talks had not been made public.
Iverson, his agent and business manager met with team president Ed Stefanski, coach Eddie Jordan and two other members of the organization Monday during the first formal meeting between the Sixers and their former MVP.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-76ers-iverson&prov=ap&type=lgns

He is coming back :icon_bigs

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is really a non story. AI has put a black mark on his career. This guy has so much talent and has let it go to waste because he doesnt want to come off the bench. He truely believes he can be a big star and lead a team to an NBA Title, which he cant do.

Im just done with this guy. He'll go back to Philly and do fine. Play a couple more years then retire...or better yet....some other team will want him because he'll average 23 pts a game and then he'll be bouncing around again.

Either way....

GO LAKERS!!

pifan

pifan

PiFace
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i see he is out of retirement and back with the 76ers good for him and i hope he does the 76ers proud good luck to him and the 76ers this time around.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AI is awesome and we all knew he wouldn't retire...he loves bball and he loves being on philly again. Too bad now his 27 ppg career scoring average will go down

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AI is willing to come off the bench of ANY team IF THEY WIN!!

if the team continues to lose than by god he wants to start to help out. hope everybody is right and he gets picked up.

and yea...possibly has the sickest crossover mankind has ever seen

AI wants to start and he is not going to be happy or want to play if he doesn't start thats just AI .. If I was as good as offensively I would think the same way.
But he needs to except that the league has allot of point guards that play tremendous defense as well as offense and the league has so many good European players that have great perimeter shooting that are like 6 foot 9 and up lol.. Iverson is not that special because of that ... I like Iverson , It was sad to see him play with those ignorant kids on the Denver Nuggets :( I mean Iverson shows he is a little ignorant but he is older now and more mature So I guess he deserved playing with those Denver kids :)

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
god. i didnt even know he was on the grizzlies. that is too bad that he is going to retire. he needed a team to call home. after the sixers all was lost for him basically. i think he thinks he need to be the guy which is true in most cases but he does need to be a team player. i think he just couldnt get along with certain people and that is what made him get into this position.

very well put,, Nick van excel comes to mind to even though I love that guy for so many good memories of his winning 3s at the buzzard he just was so serious and angry all the time and he payed for it with the referee's...

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bumped this just to say, Brian we buddies but Iverson blows when it comes to skill right now.. Holy shit. After just watching him against his former team Detroit, holy shit is the only words that come to mind.. My man cant even make a layup.. We pointing out him breaking MJ's ankles years ago but tonight they broke his..

Basic point of this bump is to see if Brian agrees with me.. AI "was" the man.. Dude.. He does not have it anymore in the legs to compete at this level..

Just my thoughts

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bumped this just to say, Brian we buddies but Iverson blows when it comes to skill right now.. Holy shit. After just watching him against his former team Detroit, holy shit is the only words that come to mind.. My man cant even make a layup.. We pointing out him breaking MJ's ankles years ago but tonight they broke his..

Basic point of this bump is to see if Brian agrees with me.. AI "was" the man.. Dude.. He does not have it anymore in the legs to compete at this level..

Just my thoughts

im ashamed to say this..but it seems as if the fire that once lived inside his legs is either gone...or its being rained on at the moment. I gotta say im dissappointed in his play this game, although against denver i felt he played well. Hopefully he can rekindle the fire again...either way hes back on the court and thats all i wanted.

Pifan i couldn agree more..good for him and good for the 76ers

DINGO8MYBABY

DINGO8MYBABY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not necessarily an Iverson fan, but I'm pulling for him. I hope he can make the most out of what is most likely his last opportunity.