All UFC Thread

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It wasn't close enough for Cormier to get a rematch. Jon Jones is a bad ass mother ****er.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup Jones is a monster. Cormier going to have to work his way back up.

Will be interesting to see if Jones ever moves up for a few fights or more in the HW division.

Only thing that seems to be left for him at LHW is the Alexander Gustafsson rematch. I haven't been following as closely as I used to though so maybe there are some new guys I haven't heard of coming up idk.

also lol @ jones and cocaine :laugh:

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only thing that seems to be left for him at LHW is the Alexander Gustafsson rematch. I haven't been following as closely as I used to though so maybe there are some new guys I haven't heard of coming up idk.

IMO Jones crushes Gus if they ever do the rematch... which I guess they will, because it'll be such an easy sell for the UFC.

Personally, I'm not so sure Gus even gets past Rumble in their upcoming fight though. And at the very least, Rumble v Jones is an intriguing matchup. It's true there's a pretty steep drop off after that though. Hell, Patrick Cummins is in the top 15 at LHW, along with has-beens like Little Nog, Shogun and Hendo.

You never know what's gonna happen though. This time last year Johnson wasn't even in the division, contenders will come. And it's not light fighting an assortment of overmatched cans did anything bad for Anderson Silva's career or status as the GOAT.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't wait to see diaz beat the crap out of silva at his return. I love the diaz bros and happy I finally get to see one of them fight after such a long time. I think my favorite fight ever was nate diaz vs gray Maynard II

I don't mind Nick so much. He's a bit more respectful to the sport than Nate is. I hope Silva get's KTFO though (even though that's a long shot being Diaz doesn't really have any KO power) & put into retirement.

It wasn't close enough for Cormier to get a rematch. Jon Jones is a bad ass mother ****er.

+1

That's pretty sad & pathetic if you ask me.

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cerrone

03/01/2015 Cerrone win vs Jury.
18/01/2015 Cerrone vs henderson :).
I hope Cerrone (Cowboy) win again.

Attachments

• cer1.jpg
    cer1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 88
DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shouldnt bendo fight alvares next?? Is he injured or smething?

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe that Cerrone is fighting again on that nxt card (the 18th)!

It's only been 2 weeks since his last fight, wow! He's a machine!

This is one of the reasons that he's always been one of my favorite fighters. He is ALWAYS ready to do battle :icon_thum

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup Donald is THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UFC must be kicking itself over the Jones drug test - it means absolutely nobody has been talking about their golden child Conor McGregor returning to the ring :p

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please, do tell us how...

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mike tyson, ali, joe frazier, guys like that. Real fighters.

In mma it is just athletic guys going at it, theyre not very skilled

The top guys are but id say boxing takes more discipline

If you dont believe me try both.

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mma was better when they fought in a ring

A cage promotes takedowns and they lay on the ground for 5 minutes

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cerrone is such a badass. If he finally beats Henderson, I think he should get a shot at the title. I still can't believe he's fighting him on 2 weeks notice, after beating Myles Jury with ease!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mma was better when they fought in a ring

A cage promotes takedowns and they lay on the ground for 5 minutes
You haven't watched much UFC lately have you? This last PPV featured maybe 4 minutes of TOTAL ground time in 6 fights. Everybody is on their feet slugging it out these days.

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
boxe

Tyson,Ali,frazier all good fighters ok :).
I think You live in the past :D. UFC is the best :p .

Jon Jones VS Ali :D .

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Conor McGregor

UFC must be kicking itself over the Jones drug test - it means absolutely nobody has been talking about their golden child Conor McGregor returning to the ring :p

Conor McGregor no 5 (16-2-0) .K.O 88% :D.Takedown defence 100%.
I think this guy is fast and have good Puch.

I hope McGregor win by K.O :D.

Attachments

• cm.jpg
    cm.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 64
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I guess the thing with MMA is sure, you get some guys who are jacks of all trades and probably masters of none. But you also have truly exceptional strikers, exceptional grapplers. The Anderson Silvas or Ronda Rouseys of the world.

I'd agree that on the whole, boxers are probably better at the one thing they do than most MMA fighters are. I just find the variety in MMA to be much more interesting, even if you sacrifice a little bit of the top end skill to get it. Surely I can't be the only one that finds Floyd Mayweather fights impossibly boring...

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK this is just too funny - from http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/9...ake-bad-role-model-cocaine-use-rehab-mma-news, Dan Henderson commenting on the Jon Jones cocaine test:

...Hendo also had some words about Jones' lifestyle in regards to his own career longevity, saying "Maybe it's staying away from the cocaine that's made me prolong my career so long."​

Or maybe it was the TRT, eh Hendo? You remember, the drug treatment you took for over six years that you'd be "getting sick and laying on the couch more without"? :p

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wanted Cormier to take it but doubted that he would. That said I favour Gus/Anthony over Cormier so I'll be happy to see either of them fight Jones. Both have great personalities and great drive at the moment (not to mention mad fighting skills obv) while Jones seems worn out. He never really seemed to want it in the Cormier fight until the final two rounds. Regrettably that turned out to be where it counted.

Also, I'm unaware of whether Jones really thinks he would take Cain but I'd want to see that fight happen. He wouldn't gas out like Cormier did but I reckon his friendship with Cormier would make him turn down the opportunity to fight Jones anyway.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also, I'm unaware of whether Jones really thinks he would take Cain but I'd want to see that fight happen. He wouldn't gas out like Cormier did but I reckon his friendship with Cormier would make him turn down the opportunity to fight Jones anyway.

I'm... not sure I follow. Cain would turn down an opportunity to fight Jones because Cain is friends with Cormier? Seems like even more reason to take the fight IMO, aside from all the money he'd obviously make on it :p

Of course, Cain's knees will probably have a much greater say in whether that fight ever happens than his friendship with Cormier

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a lot I'd like to say about the last 14 posts but I'd be here for an hour HaHa

I'll just say that I think it's really badass of the UFC to put on such an exciting free fight event. This nxt UFC Fight Night will be one to def watch! I have the DVR set to record already.

Out of the 3 fights that I really want to see, I'm picking McGregor, Cerrone, & Hall to win. & all 3 have a possibility to be wins by KO/TKO

I can't wait :icon_thum

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm... not sure I follow. Cain would turn down an opportunity to fight Jones because Cain is friends with Cormier? Seems like even more reason to take the fight IMO, aside from all the money he'd obviously make on it :p

Of course, Cain's knees will probably have a much greater say in whether that fight ever happens than his friendship with Cormier

I know that if one of my friends was just like Cormier right now, I wouldn't want to take the fight, win, and overshadow him. Shitting all over the accomplishments, or would be accomplishments of those close to you and the people you value isn't a wise decision.

Were I Cain I'd turn down the fight. To fight for money, personal glory and accomplishment is fine, but at the cost of alienating the people who have supported you is to fight for the wrong reasons.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At risk of becoming unpopular myself... what had Cormier actually achieved in MMA anyway?

Yes he had an undefeated record coming into the Jones fight, but that record was padded almost exclusively with minor-league squash matches. He knocked out Bigfoot then beat an ageing Josh Barnett en route to winning the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix, but aside from that?

The UFC has tossed him nothing but softballs since his arrival: a very over-the-hill Frank Mir, Roy Nelson, the barrista and post-TRT Dan Henderson.

Granted, the Cummins fight was originally meant to be against Rashad Evans, but still...