SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Many complain that over the course of a 90-minutes game there are too few goals, thus rendering a match too slow and not thrilling enough ... what about introducing a second ball at the 30-minutes mark and even a third one at the 60-minutes one. The game would pause each time for a bit while the referee places the additional ball in the middle of the field whereas the other one(s) remain frozen in their position; then the game resumes as usual.

What are your thoughts on this?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am also not the biggest fan of football.

But I'm not sure if two or more balls would be more entertaining. I guess it might be quite crowded and you cannot really follow. 😄

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me a very absurd idea, more like a circus show than a soccer match. Soccer already has its magic and its essence in itself, not for nothing having games like the ones you say even so it is still the king sport and number 1 in the world. For tastes, colors, and sports. There are many sports that those who do not feel attracted by soccer surely if they feel attracted by that other one. For example I don't like formula 1 because I find it very boring to see cars spinning senselessly over and over again, I would find it much more interesting if from the third lap a monster truck appears whose goal is to crush them. But it's not sensible at all, I'd rather watch something else that would interest and amuse me.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would find it much more interesting if from the third lap a monster truck appears whose goal is to crush them.
Just like in Ancient Rome! 😂
I love that idea (but probably the drivers won't)

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many complain that over the course of a 90-minutes game there are too few goals, thus rendering a match too slow and not thrilling enough ... what about introducing a second ball at the 30-minutes mark and even a third one at the 60-minutes one. The game would pause each time for a bit while the referee places the additional ball in the middle of the field whereas the other one(s) remain frozen in their position; then the game resumes as usual.

you are missing the point of the game, its the build up, the break down of defence, the strategy of the game, if you want more goals, watch basketball

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Cool.
I think in this case it will no longer be called football. Rather, it will be just a mess :)

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
you are missing the point of the game, its the build up, the break down of defence, the strategy of the game, if you want more goals, watch basketball
I actually find Basketball a lot more exciting to watch than Soccer, precisely because of the build-up, the heightened tension when one team is in the lead (a BB court is much smaller in comparison to a soccer field), the speed and the dexterity of the players - soccer is mainly just running around, chasing a ball. Well, just my opinion, anyways.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many complain that over the course of a 90-minute game there are few goals, making the match very slow and unexciting... how about entering a second ball at 30 minutes and even a third at 30 60 minutes one. The game stopped a little at a time, while the referee placed the additional ball in the middle of the field, while the other (s) were frozen in their position; then the game resumed normally.

In my opinion, soccer is already wonderful in the way it is, not that its proposed game is not legal, however it will be another sport, other than soccer
There could be a sport with a cross field and 4 clubs playing, with 4 goals and two balls. It would be FOURTEBOL.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I believe every sport has its own magic, and it is unique you just have to follow the one that traps you the most or maybe experiment differently, in my case I've been a fan of all main sports such as Futbol (Soccer), Baseball, Basketball, Tennis, Ping pong (table tennis), I started playing baseball since ia was a little kid around 4-5 years old and really loved the game live the world series with emotions love to follow my team (the yankees), and around 10-11 years old started trying other sports and love them as well I don't think that changing the rules just because you don't find it amusing it's not a solution and of coure that would be a total new sport.

Personally I think adding other ball to any sport would be a huge mess and absurd you can't follow 2 balls at the same time, imagine 3 xD.

As a huge fan of Futbol (Soccer) and today I recognize as my favorite sport I found it amazing and perfect just as it is, and also his little brother Futsal (indoor Soccer)

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm just wondering, that you have time to think about things like that:roflmao:

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good evening.I do love soccer the way it s. For now, I wouldn´t change anything else in the rules of the game.It is perfect right now.Many changes could ruin this beautiful game.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
It would probably lead to a situation that ones in my life I would actually bother to watch a game. In other words, it would increase my interest towards soccer 100% - momentarily ⚽

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you want more goals, go to 9v9 or eliminate offsides. Personally, I think the game is going great. Improve the referees and a lot of complaints go away.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I'm just wondering, that you have time to think about things like that:roflmao:
Since I was a kid I could never understand the fascination people have with this sport, even to the point where it leads to fanaticism and violence between the fans of different clubs, especially in my country, so I kept having these thoughts for a long time now.
Many here say it would turn soccer into a completely new game, but that *cough, cough* is actually my aim. 😀
(This thread is also kind of a test to see whether other people find it as boring as I do, but I implore everyone to not feel offended by my proposed changes)

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah all in all the problem with soccer is that even the weak clubs/countries learned how to defend effectively. This kills the game because of the few goals. Moreover even one referee's mistake can be decisive. Maybe the solution can be making the field bigger or the teams having 10 players only instead of 11. Since the first needs bigger stadiums and a lot of money, the second one is better. :)

HungarianBoy

HungarianBoy

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Hi! Unfortunately, I often bet money on the betting mix of football matches. the event usually ends in a boring 0-0 draw. I found a solution to the question. 3 ladba is not necessary. it would be enough if the first team reached 10 throw-ins for the first time, then 2 defenders must be off the pitch for 10 minutes. and the same would be true for a heel kick. 10 around the corner. this could be a human advantage. with this solution, maybe 1-2 sure goals would be scored.or, for example, if someone touches the ball with their hands, they should also receive a 10-minute suspension in addition to the yellow.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have an even better idea.

Along with the extra balls, introduce some more goals and make some players able to fly and make some ice patches appear randomly on the pitch. Maybe, some traps along the way or some covered up holes where palyers could fall into.

Also, little robots shooting paintballs from the public.

Just imagine that as a complete show.

You have my golden buzzer!

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I have an even better idea.

Along with the extra balls, introduce some more goals and make some players able to fly and make some ice patches appear randomly on the pitch. Maybe, some traps along the way or some covered up holes where palyers could fall into.

Also, little robots shooting paintballs from the public.

Just imagine that as a complete show.

You have my golden buzzer!
Anything ... anything will do to turn soccer into a more interesting sport! You have my vote (especially on the little robots, ha ha!)

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

sorry bro, but i laugh here

fifa are discussing stop the time when have some foul or corner, for me is better than had more balls..

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
paraphrasing the movie Moneyball:

There are good ideas and there are bad ideas. Then there's 50 feet of crap... and then there's this idea

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
See the Italian league A.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
yes no it's stupid just need to make the time shorter so people will start playing more