2010 World Series Matchups

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was reading this little article in Fox Sports about the possible World Series Matchups....What's your pick? [Fox List is a Top 9, the no. 10, is a world series I would watch only because of the managers, calling plays and creating runs playing small ball]

10- Twins-Braves - The Hook: The Great Managers
9- Rangers-Phillies - The hook: The Cliff Lee Experience
8- Yankees-Braves - The hook: '90s Retro
7- Rays-Padres - The hook: David vs. David
6- Yankees-Reds - The hook: Beauty and Age
5- Twins-Braves - The hook: Rematch of the Greatest Ever
4- Padres-Yankees - The hook: David vs. Goliath
3- Phillies-Rays The hook: 2008 Reboot
2- Giants-Yankees - The hook: Old School
1- Phillies-Yankees - The hook: Goliath vs. Goliath

:boxing:

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to see Rays-Phillies. Otherwise Yankees-Phillies. I don't think I would watch any other series. And there's an addendum to that, cuz I want to watch the Phillies lose if they make it that far. If they win, I'm going to be miserable lol.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Braves vs. Rays would be uberbadass to watch.

Tons of young talent on both those teams :top:

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you are right Gr3atness...that can get ugly, lol

I don't like the idea of Rays - Phillies jho, remember that the 2008 WS was the lowest-rated, [least-watched] World Series in history. I don't think it's good for the sport man. And Tampa....those lousy fans don't deserve a World Series in Tropicana Field.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I predicted Braves-Yankees at the beginning of the year, that's probably the only reason I'd want to see that :D

Otherwise I'd like to see the Rays, from the NL I'd be pretty happy if the Braves or Reds made it. I'm tired of the Phillies and Phillies fans, lol, and the Giants are boring.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you are right Gr3atness...that can get ugly, lol

I don't like the idea of Rays - Phillies jho, remember that the 2008 WS was the lowest-rated, [least-watched] World Series in history. I don't think it's good for the sport man. And Tampa....those lousy fans don't deserve a World Series in Tropicana Field.

Shoot you make a good point there. It's just that the Rays are the team I like best left in the playoff hunt, but their fans are pretty bad for not supporting their team in this playoff chase.

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yanks and giants, all the way, don't want to see philly back and that boring ass halladay.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phillies over the Yankees
The big Red Machine of the 70's were the greatest NL team ever, IMO. If the Phillies make 3rd straight WS, and beat Yankees, then you can consider them the greatest NL team ever. Lets go "Fightins''