Your understanding of what PFR means

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
even if possible, dont think it would stay above vpip over any sort of adequate sample size

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even if possible, dont think it would stay above vpip over any sort of adequate sample size
Correct but that's not the point. The point is that the way a fundamental stat is calculated has been changed.

O

onlythenuts

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PFR cannot be higher than VPIP because every single Pre-Flop-Raise would increase your Voluntarily-Put-In-Pot whereas not every Voluntary-Put-In-Pot would increase your PFR. PFR is a subset of VPIP.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only read the op , but my initial thought would be a player that only raised from the blinds and played no other hands . I'll read the full thread now.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Real explanation , love it .

Lol Donkaments..

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ok, never read the thread yet, just skimmed, but I have to say I did see this during my last session a week or so ago.

At about about 20-30 hands or so, a player two to my left had something like 18/20. I meant to take a screenie but it changed before I could. This was the only time I ever seen that so it stood out to me. Should have taken a screenie... Using PT3, whatever the latest version is.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Using PT3, whatever the latest version is.
Good to know. So apparently it's not only PT4 they're changing this in. I figured more of you would have run across it by now then, but those like WVH who only play cash would likely never see it anyway.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think just about every HM support rep has chimed in on this in that thread. :) Here's the latest response from Pat:

All stat formula's constantly change over time, even VPIP and PFR.

VPIP was already changed, if it's folded to you in the big blind and you win the hand, that hand counts as a "hand played", but it doesn't count towards your VPIP. PokerTracker recently also had their VPIP use the same tweaked formula so it matches ours. (This was the VPIP change I posted about last year)

We basically -in turn- now use their updated PFR formula. (my initial response was... it made no sense)
So the good news is both parties strive for a (coordinated) universal formatting of stats. Even when the stats definition is different than what everybody grew up on... reading Super System, and The Theory of Poker.

Anothe example of a change:
4 bet range in HM2 is different than HM1.
HM1 uses: PFR * 4bet
HM2 uses: RFI * 4bet.

So apparently this PFR change actually originated with PT rather than HM.

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This may seem redundent as it has already been stated... but it is technically impossible... you can only have as high as a 100% match, ie: 20/20... PFR can never be more than VPIP... So this has to be a software malfunction... OR the HUD not updating/ on a lag... but if this was a constant that you saw I would contact support... What program are you using again? PT3 (I Hate) or HEM2 (Is What I Use And Love...)

I'm sure it was just a software fluke... but if you do see this again then try and get a screenshot and shoot it on here and to tech support... This is the strangest thing I have ever heard of in regards to HUD's.

My two cents,
Moe. :cool:

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This may seem redundent as it has already been stated... but it is technically impossible... you can only have as high as a 100% match, ie: 20/20... PFR can never be more than VPIP... So this has to be a software malfunction... OR the HUD not updating/ on a lag... but if this was a constant that you saw I would contact support... What program are you using again? PT3 (I Hate) or HEM2 (Is What I Use And Love...)

I'm sure it was just a software fluke... but if you do see this again then try and get a screenshot and shoot it on here and to tech support... This is the strangest thing I have ever heard of in regards to HUD's.

My two cents,
Moe. :cool:
Read the thread.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never seen it using pt3 only play small amounts of turbo sngs have seen 14/14 or even amounts