What's your favorite HUD stat to exploit on your opponent?

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love seeing a 80-90% Fold to Steal in the SB & BB. $$

Whats your favorite stat to exploit on your opponent?

london177

london177

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love seeing a 80-90% Fold to Steal in the SB & BB. $$

Whats your favorite stat to exploit on your opponent?

I used to use TOT Fold to 3Bet IP\OOP, Flop Fold to Cbet, TOT Fold to Steal as my favourite stats. Now, I'm basically playing at GGnetwork, Party and unibet. I still have HM2 on my PC, but it's of no use to me because these sites do not support any trackers nowadays. And I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Btw as I see you are playing at GlobalPoker, so does it really support poker trackers?

Last edited:
F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The stat that prints me the most money lol.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one streamer once said that if you have come to use the program then you still need to study and study poker

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to use TOT Fold to 3Bet IP\OOP, Flop Fold to Cbet, TOT Fold to Steal as my favourite stats. Now, I'm basically playing at GGnetwork, Party and Unibet. I still have HM2 on my PC, but it's of no use to me because these sites do not support any trackers nowadays. And I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Btw as I see you are playing at GlobalPoker, so does it really support poker trackers?

No global poker doesn't support huds.

TommyT

TommyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never used one and don't plan to either, i think you would rely on it to much.

C

coolcukes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUD

Are their free Hud's out there? Can you use them with ACR and BOL. I am in search of one for those sites - I will even pay if anyone knows of one. thanks

F

fouspoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A player with a high VPIP and low PFR is one you want at your table. These opponents play far too many hands, and they usually play them very passively. Players who have a very high VPIP and low PFR call far too much preflop.

Vitorbismark

Vitorbismark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my case, as I play Sng micro (below 0.50 cents) I use only VPIP, PFR, hands and fold for C-bet. As I don't have much custom I prefer to play in a simple way.

R

RodrigoVieira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
one streamer once said that if you have come to use the program then you still need to study and study poker
Not playing multiple tables, it's too difficult to get players informations, some Apps like HM helps a lot.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! Unfortunately, or to happiness, I don't use any HUD. :rolleyes:
I'm play:joyman:, using my own playing experience :deal: at the Poker...:cool: That's all! :)

K

Kamilev66

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise

Most of all, I like to watch the statistics of my opponents on VPIP

C

CerealKiller78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet stat is highly usefull, as it helps you to win big pots

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The VPIP, PFR, and PF3-Bet gives a good indication of the players range. Once you have that you can start to exploit them.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm new to using HUD. Got Poker Tracker 4. I'm trying to use the VPIP to work with opponent ranges. This is the first thing that I am trying to learn.

What should I work on next?

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My recommendation is watch Sky Matsuhashi's videos on his youtube channel called SmartPokerStudy.

No I'm not Sky, and no I don't know him personally, and no this isn't a "plug" that I'm being paid for... :D I found his channel in my own search for poker advice, and I have developed a massive respect for him. I've never paid for a poker coach, and probably never will... but if I ever did, I think Sky would be someone I would seriously consider. His explanations are superb, his personality is absolutely wonderful, and he's got quite a bit of content on how to best utilize Poker Tracker 4 - both the HUD as well as all sorts of filters and reports to help us analyze our own play.

It is a massive amount of time and effort to sit down and watch hours of videos - for myself, I have been focusing on two of his playlists so far:
1. How to Use PokerTracker 4 (PT4), which currently contains 47 videos, and
2. Poker HUD Analysis which contains another 9 videos.
Both playlists should get you started on your own journey.
After those, I think his "Learn How To Use A Poker HUD" and "Smart HUD for Poker Tracker 4" playlists are quite valuable where he explains the stats that he uses in his own HUD setups, one he calls the "KISS HUD" and the other he calls "Smart HUD".

Best wishes!!

Last edited:
C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My recommendation is watch Sky Matsuhashi's videos on his youtube channel called SmartPokerStudy.

No I'm not Sky, and no I don't know him personally, and no this isn't a "plug" that I'm being paid for... :D I found his channel in my own search for poker advice, and I have developed a massive respect for him. I've never paid for a poker coach, and probably never will... but if I ever did, I think Sky would be someone I would seriously consider. His explanations are superb, his personality is absolutely wonderful, and he's got quite a bit of content on how to best utilize Poker Tracker 4 - both the HUD as well as all sorts of filters and reports to help us analyze our own play.

It is a massive amount of time and effort to sit down and watch hours of videos - for myself, I have been focusing on two of his playlists so far:
1. How to Use PokerTracker 4 (PT4), which currently contains 47 videos, and
2. Poker HUD Analysis which contains another 9 videos.
Both playlists should get you started on your own journey.
After those, I think his "Learn How To Use A Poker HUD" and "Smart HUD for Poker Tracker 4" playlists are quite valuable where he explains the stats that he uses in his own HUD setups, one he calls the "KISS HUD" and the other he calls "Smart HUD".

Best wishes!!

I appreciate that. I will have to look that up.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's one I learned reading The Grinders Manual.

we can compute our "Required Fold Equity" (RFE) when we open with a raise, using the following formula:

RFE = R/(R+PG), where R = our raise size and PG = our potential gain.

Let's say we're playing 6-max cash, it folds to us on the button and we decide to open-raise to 2x the big blind... so R is 2 big blinds, and PG is the sum of the SB + BB, or 1.5 big blinds... this makes our RFE = 2/3.5, or 57%.

In other words, we need to obtain folds from both SB and BB 57% of the time we make this play in order to "break even". If they fold more often than that, we profit in the long run by making this raise, and please notice, it does not matter what our two cards are here at all.

So... how do we know if this is a good play or not? Quite easily - we look at each players specific stat called "Fold to BTN Raise", and since we need both players to fold in order to win this pot uncontested, it is an "AND" condition, meaning we multiply their stats together.

If SB folds 85% of the time to a BTN raise and BB folds 70%, multiplying them together (0.85 * 0.70) we get 0.60 or 60%... and since our RFE is only 57%, this becomes a "+EV" play for us - it is a play with positive expected value, and thus it is a profitable play.

If you experiment with the math, you will quickly realize raising to 3x results in a higher RFE, which essentially explains why 2x opens have become the standard in the modern game as opposed to a 3x open, which used to be the norm years ago. It's all because of fold equity considerations. It is counterintuitive, in a sense - most players would think raising more would be better, but this math explains why it isn't. If 2x can get the job done, there's no need to "bloat the pot" with a 3x open, which only makes our task harder, especially when we do get called or raised... since we most likely have a junk hand, we're just throwing chips away with the larger raise size.

Hope this helps someone! It has helped me to understand the power of the HUD and how we can utilize it more to our advantage.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Simple VPIP for me, but some others are useful too. How many hands they get to the Flop with...simple, yet effective :)

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

First I look at how many hands I have with the given opponent and then how often he enters and what is the ratio between limp and raise

PavelTimofeev16

PavelTimofeev16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use HUD, I use intuition))))