What software is needed on microlimits?

D

direv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
From my own experience. If you play at the same table at micro limits, it seems to me that the software will only interfere. But when playing at 4 or more tables, it will be difficult for you to make decisions and here you cannot do without software. I used HM2, but statistics are gaining slowly, there are a lot of different people at the tables. But it is very convenient to parse your hands, the main thing is to understand the interface.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you bro

From my own experience. If you play at the same table at micro limits, it seems to me that the software will only interfere. But when playing at 4 or more tables, it will be difficult for you to make decisions and here you cannot do without software. I used HM2, but statistics are gaining slowly, there are a lot of different people at the tables. But it is very convenient to parse your hands, the main thing is to understand the interface.
Yes, to be honest, I need a program only for analyzing hands! I think that if you do not disassemble your hands, then there will be no progress))))

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Holdem manager 2. If you play a lot of tables, you can display basic statistics like VPIP PFR in order to understand who to play against. You can also analyze your game, watch the charts. It helps me a lot. Of course, you can do without any programs on microlimits. But for example, I'm already used to playing with the HUD.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker Tracker is good for me. Btw, the latest update is really cool

N

Nismo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play live tournaments a few years back, lockdown's got me bored and I'm trying online poker again. Online play has always been a bit strange for me, not seeing players and getting reads, etc. so I've had to go back to the basics.

I've got 2 weeks at NL2 and freerolls, been doing well and probably hit NL5 in another couple of weeks and it's got me thinking about HUDs.

It's interesting so many people are saying there's no need for poker software when everything I read about online poker says it's essential since everyone is using it.

Personally I'd prefer to not need a HUD but if my opponents have my stats on their screen I feel a bit cheated having to build up their profile every time I play a new table.

Is there really that few people using HUDs in online play?

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.
I would like to hear from you what software you used playing on microlimits and what was really useful in your opinion and gave you some information.
Thank you

when I started playing 2NL, I wasn't using any software. I only started using one when I began multi-tabling 10NL.
Having 3rd party software helps you manage multiple tables at the same time and let you track your game for off table study and analysis. I suggest getting HUD first to get used to it and learn how to use it well, very helpful when you move up stakes.

For HUD choices, there are are a lot. I suggest trying DriveHUD because it supports more sites than most HUDs.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I did play micros I used sngwiz and holdem manager. As a SnG player I'd say sngwiz was probably the most helpful. If you play tourneys I think ICM knowledge is a must. But overall a poker tracker is also important, not so much for a HUD. It is most useful for tracking you own stats and devoloping an overall game strategy. Either way it was the study time away from the table that was the most important.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when I started playing 2NL, I wasn't using any software. I only started using one when I began multi-tabling 10NL.
Having 3rd party software helps you manage multiple tables at the same time and let you track your game for off table study and analysis. I suggest getting HUD first to get used to it and learn how to use it well, very helpful when you move up stakes.

For HUD choices, there are are a lot. I suggest trying DriveHUD because it supports more sites than most HUDs.
Thank you very much for your time in this post, I am still completely new to poker, but I really want to learn how to play! I am trying to learn how to use the programs, but I am not quite good at it, although I understand that this is important! I have already been advised many programs, but honestly for me they are so far difficult! I will definitely try the program that you advised me, maybe it is easier to use! Once again I say thank you very much and wish you good luck at the tables!

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I did play micros I used sngwiz and holdem manager. As a SnG player I'd say sngwiz was probably the most helpful. If you play tourneys I think ICM knowledge is a must. But overall a poker tracker is also important, not so much for a HUD. It is most useful for tracking you own stats and devoloping an overall game strategy. Either way it was the study time away from the table that was the most important.
Hello, I fully agree with you that knowing ICM is a very important part of the poker tournament game, I try to understand this, but so far it is not working well! But I am not discouraged, as I know that all knowledge passes over time, and I will certainly learn to understand this! I have been playing poker not long ago, but I have this game in my soul, and I like to learn something new! I am grateful to you for your advice and for paying attention to this post, I listen to every advice that users of this forum give me, and for me this is very important! I wish you good luck at the tables and outside the tables!

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a poker tracker to play at the tables, it is possible to customize HUD. I did not notice any complaints or bugs in the program. There is also a holdem manager, in my opinion an analogue of a poker tracker.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing Micro stake Poker myself I have never needed any help from HUD software, the cost does not make sense playing and paying for a tool that does not re-coup what you are paying for it.
You will never use a tool in a Live game and if you become so reliant on something like a HUD on-line to win, then in all probability, you will not learn from them, and still make mistakes in a Live game.
I watch a lot of Twitch streamers play on line and although the stats can be hidden from the viewing followers, most do not use them at all, It is more like buying a bicycle and then fitting stabilizer wheels to stop you falling off.
Poker is a game you need to use your instincts and sometimes rely on Lady Luck, and using a HUD takes that away from you and your play becomes robotic and predictable, there is no fun playing with a HUD.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
I would like to hear from you what software you used playing on microlimits and what was really useful in your opinion and gave you some information.
Thank you

If you are a beginner, then just play without programs. Programs can confuse you and you have to think about your game and skills ... Only then you can use the programs when many actions become automatic :jd4::jd4:

I

iLoV3P0ker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can use Poker tracker or Holdem manager. And equilab is very important tool.

Sansam

Sansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have used some of the programs recommended by Pokertracker to practice small stack poker techniques to help you understand and hone your strategy.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker software

I don't think you really need any software at micros, but I find the hand-history tracking more useful than HUDs. I really like seeing my EV and how I'm progressing over time.

HM3/PT4 are sort of expensive, and DriveHud is a great option to give it a try... it's something like $9 for the micros.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I have never used programs, if I understand what they mean

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your brain should do the trick

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Micro stake Poker myself I have never needed any help from HUD software, the cost does not make sense playing and paying for a tool that does not re-coup what you are paying for it.
You will never use a tool in a Live game and if you become so reliant on something like a HUD on-line to win, then in all probability, you will not learn from them, and still make mistakes in a Live game.
I watch a lot of Twitch streamers play on line and although the stats can be hidden from the viewing followers, most do not use them at all, It is more like buying a bicycle and then fitting stabilizer wheels to stop you falling off.
Poker is a game you need to use your instincts and sometimes rely on Lady Luck, and using a HUD takes that away from you and your play becomes robotic and predictable, there is no fun playing with a HUD.

When the fun Stops, STOP!
Hello, to be honest, I am not a supporter of programs either, but I need a program to analyze my handouts! I also believe that the game is not particularly interesting for programs and you need to count on your mind and knowledge, but on the other hand, now 90% of players play with programs and have a great advantage over you! So I don't even know how to be! Thank you for your advice and good luck at the tables!

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously, the answer is you don't "need" any "software". The question I ask in return is how much would you like to improve your poker game? Do you have any ambition to leave the lowest stakes and move up? Or would you perhaps like to become a profitable player at any stakes? These questions will guide you in your journey. To improve your poker game. You must have a plan. And just play hands is NOT a plan that will let you improve at a decent rate. If you want to get better, get a HUD ( poker database) DriveHUD is very affordable or PokerTracker4 or others. This gives you a way to begin reviewing your play. THIS is how to improve. After a session you go back and look at hands that you played. Poker is a math game and the best players know what equity they need to call etc....I will not go into all the benefits BUT if you have any desire to become more than just a rec player start searching for the free content that the best players are putting out on Youtube and twitter and other social media.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously, the answer is you don't "need" any "software". The question I ask in return is how much would you like to improve your poker game? Do you have any ambition to leave the lowest stakes and move up? Or would you perhaps like to become a profitable player at any stakes? These questions will guide you in your journey. To improve your poker game. You must have a plan. And just play hands is NOT a plan that will let you improve at a decent rate. If you want to get better, get a HUD ( poker database) DriveHUD is very affordable or PokerTracker4 or others. This gives you a way to begin reviewing your play. THIS is how to improve. After a session you go back and look at hands that you played. Poker is a math game and the best players know what equity they need to call etc....I will not go into all the benefits BUT if you have any desire to become more than just a rec player start searching for the free content that the best players are putting out on Youtube and twitter and other social media.
Hello, of course I would like to develop as a player, and be a profitable player on all limits! I would really like to understand all the intricacies of poker well, and not just do some actions automatically and not understanding what they mean! Of course, I follow the top players and their strips, but they do not explain the details, so it is very difficult to learn yourself and you have to ask more experienced players here on the forum! Thank you very much for answering questions and giving good advice!

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, of course I would like to develop as a player, and be a profitable player on all limits! I would really like to understand all the intricacies of poker well, and not just do some actions automatically and not understanding what they mean! Of course, I follow the top players and their strips, but they do not explain the details, so it is very difficult to learn yourself and you have to ask more experienced players here on the forum! Thank you very much for answering questions and giving good advice!

Excellent you are well on your way! I read your posts and DriveHUD is a good HUD and database. AND it is affordable, I have been a satisfied customer since they first came out with it. Right now you can DL DriveHUD2 for free, I suggest trying it out. Also , if you do not have Equi-lab try that , it is free. And you are correct, keep asking questions and share hand history's online, but do not get offended, some people can be rude but most will try to be helpful . I love to see people getting excited over Poker. EDIT : Sorry I double posted because I thought I "lost the first post, so I began another 1

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

at micro and low levels no auxiliary software is required

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you guys for helping to build support systems from the micro limits ,,, excellent. Personal opinion, it seemed to me that for those limits, it was not necessary to use any type of software or Hud ... reading an excellent advice from the playmate ,, Jsnake716 ,, changes my perspective of acting within those limits ,, thanks for the message, now it's for my sake, to put this Drive into practice ... and update my way of looking at those limits ,, as who designed ,, welcome to the power of technology ,,, I love this type of aid that many friends of CC give us ,,, I will put it into practice and condemn it in the very near future ,,, luck and patience ,,, one day do not stop the other ,,

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Beat the micro-limit with a deposit. I myself do not use auxiliary software, I think it is wrong.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you very much for your time in this post, I am still completely new to poker, but I really want to learn how to play! I am trying to learn how to use the programs, but I am not quite good at it, although I understand that this is important! I have already been advised many programs, but honestly for me they are so far difficult! I will definitely try the program that you advised me, maybe it is easier to use! Once again I say thank you very much and wish you good luck at the tables!

If you have questions about drivehud or things you need help with. just PM CC member John.A, his the support for drivehud in this site. :D