What poker helping software do you use?

misterwilliams

misterwilliams

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I use Holdem' Indicator. It works well, allows me to track myself and monitor my play. I paid for the software at a discount :D. This software works with BetOnline. Most of the Poker software out there does not work with BetOnline. For example, Poker Manager 4. Will everyone post the software they use to assist and why, Thanks.

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some poker rooms do not approve of the use of third-party software.

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be honest I don't use any software besides the client im playing on....I look at that as a form of cheating...Logging other players....live all you have is your mind and 2 cards...my opinion

misterwilliams

misterwilliams

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not considered cheating on most sites.

to be honest I don't use any software besides the client im playing on....I look at that as a form of cheating...Logging other players....live all you have is your mind and 2 cards...my opinion

I understand what you mean. For me, having the most information possible is important. My software shows me the amount of Outs, the level of the hand, the possible hands my opponents have, the EV, win odds and pot odds. The brain can do that all, but the software does it in nanoseconds.

I would recommend software to a novice player. It really has made me a tighter player. It really does work. After several weeks for me.:wink:

misterwilliams

misterwilliams

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, I use DriveHUD. It's one of the easiest hud to use. If you want to check how to use it and it's feature. i suggest checking their thread here in CC

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-software-tools-61/drivehud-poker-hud-database-software-298263/

I have considered DriveHud, it works with BetOnline, one of the few. Does DriveHud allow you to really study your hands and identify bad patterns in your play?

The only thing I do not like about DriveHud is the yearly fee. The software I use now, Holdem Indicator cost me a flat fee and includes all up-dates.

R

RDSIV023

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
while playing?.. None... That B.S. is for cheaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grindmylifeaway

grindmylifeaway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with Holdem Indicator and made my way to PT4 and experimented with Holdem Manager 2...Im going to try Poker Copilot to see how that goes. But Ill probably stick with PT4

T

trixxxter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Tournament Indicator, but in all honesty, it was given to me as a gift and I just never took the time to learn how to use it correctly. And I forget to use it. I think I've used it 3 times in the last year.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have considered DriveHud, it works with BetOnline, one of the few. Does DriveHud allow you to really study your hands and identify bad patterns in your play?

The only thing I do not like about DriveHud is the yearly fee. The software I use now, Holdem Indicator cost me a flat fee and includes all up-dates.

Yeah, studying your previous session using DriveHUD is a lot easier than most database i tried. With their fast updates and new features they add, a yr/renew of 10 bucks doesn't sound that bad.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some poker rooms do not approve of the use of third-party software.

I have found this out the hard way. I try the breakout poker to get the 8$ no-deposit bonus and
play a couple freerolls. Log in next day and my account was blocked. I tried using a program called hold'em indicator, funny tho, it didnt even work. It grabbed info for one hand then stopped working. I guess I should have read the ToS before, but I was just so used to using these programs that I didnt really think about it.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Tournament Indicator, but in all honesty, it was given to me as a gift and I just never took the time to learn how to use it correctly. And I forget to use it. I think I've used it 3 times in the last year.

I use the hold'em indicator and I find it quite helpful. The tournament indicator looks pretty much the same thing but a few tournament specific features. You should really look into using it. The equity calculator and pot odds can really come in handy when you are on some borderline call spots. I'm thinking of getting the tournament version as well.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd always recommend a HUD when it's available. Even if it only has VPIP and PFR, it's better than nothing. Personally, I use PT4.

I also use propokertools simulations, push/fold ranges from floattheturn, and icmizer (1 free/day) for reviewing tricky spots. However, probably the best thing you can do is post in the Hand Review subforum. Getting advice from stronger players, understanding their reasoning, and then coming to your own conclusions is one of the best ways to learn in my opinion

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I agree with you, but I use the notes on players to keep track of what they do. In live poker you can take notes on the players after each time you play.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use holdem manager but not so much when I'm playing, I like to get a feel for the game and not be influenced while I play. It' good to go back and look at hands and think about if you should have played them differently after the game. I also just started using sit and go wizard which is really interesting.

jkgotsit

jkgotsit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
software lol

I never use software its for people that cant break a hand down

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Information is power and the more you can get the better.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've started with HoldEm Elephant, then switched to HM2, Elephant is no longer supported btw. But for past several years I play mostly for fun, so haven't even installed SQL or HM2 on a fresh Windows

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only use my skills, intuition and bluff. And no programs ... But I'm only on micro limits.

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a long time I did not use for poker but then still decided to take hm2

I

its TG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I use Holdem' Indicator. It works well, allows me to track myself and monitor my play. I paid for the software at a discount :D. This software works with BetOnline. Most of the Poker software out there does not work with BetOnline. For example, Poker Manager 4. Will everyone post the software they use to assist and why, Thanks.
I love the Indicator software(have tried all.. HI, TI, OI). Wish I could figure out how so many people get it free.

For the most part I don't use software. I've tried all.. pt4, hm2, drive, jivaro, indicator.. Indicator was my favorite due to the live hand odds feature, I don't use most of the other HUD features.. This will sound stupid, but I love relying on my reads and intuition too much to follow stats. I got caught up in just the stats, playing like a robot, and stopped getting that feeling that makes me love poker.

T

Triniti

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also use indicator for playing online.
And Poker Genius for training offline. It is a great tool for testing various strategies.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have won some tournaments using only my mind as HUD.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i read your comments about HUDs being cheating... the majority of major poker sites do not share that opinion... they allow them

I use PT4 and Jivario

I don't play live poker so I dont have that experience however all online poker pros I have seen play and are a lot (Twitch and Videos) use HUDs and tracking software

so we can be purests and not use available, allowed and legal technology but wouldn't that put us at disadvantage? - most serious opposition are using them

it is an interesting ethical argument.. but geeze do we want be martyrs and pay them our money, cause we dont take advantage of all the legit things we can to win?