whowantwhat

whowantwhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new to using a HUD in MTT

Been messing around and trying different stats

Besides VPIP / PFR / aggression / 3bet, what else do you think is a "must have"?

I've been trying Cbet on flop, fold to cbet on flop, steal percent, preflop fold to steal percent

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use a HUD. I'm not good enough to even bother.
I play mostly tournaments and do OK as I make it past 50% a lot of the time and cash maybe 2 in 30 freerolls.

I think they are a little unfair on the recreational players though, because they are there for fun, but always get exploited. Once they lose enough money they don't play anymore. So in my opinion, in the long run it is not good for the sites or the game.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me huds are great for cash and a waste of time for tournaments, people play very different with a full stack compared to when they get short, so the stats end up being meaningless in my opinion.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Be careful with HUD stats in micro MTTs (I assume you play micro/low, no malice intended if this is not the case).

You need a big sample of hands to have reliable stats for decision-making and micro stakes simply will not give you that, because you will not come across the same players often enough, depending on your volume (multi-tabling), their volume, specific stakes (at low stakes on pokerstars you might get decent sample sizes on opponents), etc.

Therefore, I would stick to basic stats that converge quickly.

Most important: VPIP, PFR, 3bet preflop & Aggression Factor/Frequency.
Important: Preflop Limp, Preflop Limp/fold, Cold Call, Attempt to Steal, Fold to Steal.

Also have positional breakdowns for all preflop stats above.

Postflop: Fold to Flop cbet, Cbet Flop, Went to Showdown (WTSD), Won at Showdown (WSD).

Postflop stats take very long to converge so be very careful, depending on many factors they could be useless.

Turn and River stats converge too slowly to be meaningful: huge samples needed for them, as well as WTSD and WSD.

Also, filter your stats per number of players at table and/or stack sizes.

Having said all that, you will only need VPIP and PFR to get an overall feel for your opponents, which is enough to win micro tournaments with fundamentals and solid play.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No hud. I play MTT and SNG so they wouldn't be that helpful anyway. I find it's better to observe and tag players on my own. I'm sure they help cash players but I also feel like it's not really fair for recreational players and without recreational players the game is a big nit fest and poker dies.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise First In --> Early - Middle - Co - Btn - Sb
3-bet stats --> Fold to Pre Flop 3-Bet After Raise :D:top:

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure how useful HUDs are for your average joe tournament players. I don't personally use them, but I could see them being useful for cash game sessions where you get a reliable large sample size more easily. Tournament dynamics are so different and changing that I feel like it's tricky to rely on the numbers a HUD puts out.

dartablasta

dartablasta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dudeeee, tournament indicator is the best, they gives u the info that u need in Real time, also u can try it for 1 free week

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm new to using a HUD in MTT

Been messing around and trying different stats

Besides VPIP / PFR / aggression / 3bet, what else do you think is a "must have"?

I've been trying Cbet on flop, fold to cbet on flop, steal percent, preflop fold to steal percent
Any stat you want to use would be helpful but remember not to over use them. You also need to be aware of what they mean in a deeper sense than just a number. You can have 2500 hands on a player who cbet 100% of the time. Your 1st thought here is he is bluffing alot and your wrong. This player may have only raised 1 hand over the 2500 played. Another player you have 20 hands and know its not good enough to tell its not good enough. You can be wrong again. 100% cbeting here but he raised 18 hands and cbet them all you know he has some crap he raised and cbet with. Always remember the number need to be correlated with the stats from other areas before you make a decisions. Then always remember how a played played last month maybe different today.

I have seen players who look very tight and then I see them and they are raising 30%+ the next time. Again be careful of what the stats show every time you play. If you just take them on face value it can cost you