WARNING about poker cheating apps

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call me naïve if you want to... call me nostalgic if you want to... but what happened to the days when you could just play poker and you didn't really have to worry about cheaters. Personally I prefer to play poker live but with the current state of the world, poker players have very limited choices depending on what they believe.

We all know that the majority of online players use poker huds. Personally, I have no issue with this. A poker hud is just taking data that we see and extrapolating it into a more easily consumable form of data that we can use to our advantage. I have always known that when playing on a computer its much easier to do what might be considered questionable for the integrity of the game. You can easily refer to charts, quickly run a calculator to see if you were right about a hand, and most recently its been brought to the attention of the poker community how easy it is to ghost play or run solvers while playing.

Poker Apps such as PPPoker, Upoker, or PokerBros have become popular and easy ways for people to set up home games or make some cash by running a club. The risk here is that a third party has to hold your money and this third party may not always be trusted. Its risk that only those who can stomach the risk should take. I will never advocate for someone to try one of these apps if they can't afford to take this risk. I always figured that there was some degree of risk in terms of what people consider to be cheating or affecting the integrity of the game, until recently. I discovered that there are players who continue to find ways to cheat! So this post serves as warning to those who like me were not aware and to those who are aware and do not condone these actions to do something!

On Android phones, there are apps that will tell you what to do in a game. This App will tell you if you should call, fold, or bet. It will tell you how much to bet and is being advertised as an assistant. Let me be the first to tell you that it is more than an assistant. I don't know if others think its acceptable but, personally I think its outright cheating. I expect to be playing the player, if I wanted to play what would essentially be a bot I would play a video game.

Below is a link to my google drive where I have shared screen shot and conversations with the people that make the app. I ran a test with a friend who was fully aware of what I was doing. My friend could not tell that I was playing with this app. What is more concerning about this app is that it requires you to download a version of the poker app from their website without knowing what they have altered, which is a big security risk.

Please educate other players about this kind of cheating and lets try to stop this as a community!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10amJQ1DNqNz7mT3Fp9xuAicoDHW_3Lv0?usp=sharing