Use of software aids

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to ask your opinion about using different types of software to aid your online game. Do you use solvers, do you use trackers, how do you feel about people using them?

I personally think that people should be restricted from using all kinds of helping softwares to keep the game as genuine as possible especially during the game. I don’t really think training with the solvers is a bad thing, even though I don’t, but during the game I think all kinds of helping softwares should be banned. That’s me what do you think?

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course real time assistance should not be allowed ...but sadly i dont see how it cant be prevented at this point . If you play for significant stakes you can be pretty sure some of your opponents are using software to track your stats and probably help with ranges , bet sizes ,other decisions , etc , as the hands proceed !

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would like to ask your opinion about using different types of software to aid your online game. Do you use solvers, do you use trackers, how do you feel about people using them?

I personally think that people should be restricted from using all kinds of helping softwares to keep the game as genuine as possible especially during the game. I don’t really think training with the solvers is a bad thing, even though I don’t, but during the game I think all kinds of helping softwares should be banned. That’s me what do you think?
I think you need to be more specific

fwiw, poker sites do not allow tools that aid one's game. They do allow tracking software & actually GGPoker & sites on iPoker Network have tracked stats. provided on their tables for ALL players.

I think when you say 'do you use solvers', you might want to be more specific here as well, ie. do you use solvers while studying away from the tables? And then who knows, if you want to get more educated about them, maybe you could continue with "Which ones do you like/prefer & why?" "How do you use them?" "Which ones are most user-friendly?"

Otherwise your post is really just stating your opinion and going to get feedback from mostly people who don't really know what you're referring to AND don't really know much about the different tools. Lots of the ones who know very little about trackers & who play mostly freerolls will say "Ban them" without knowing even what 'them' is. Some others will say they use a tracker and you can too if you want to put in the money and the TIME to be able to even use it effectively.

If you don't like all tools (there's some tools on CC I don't like too much.... ), you can play on sites that don't allow trackers. partypoker & GGPoker don't allow them.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I particularly think that if you have the opportunity to make things easier and it is allowed, I would use it.
I don't use it because I don't have the financial structure for it, but if one day I will use it for sure.

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well any software, even a tracker is a huge help when playing online, simply because when you play live all the tracking has to be done by you…
It is a no brainer to play 1000 hands online and when faced with a tough situation just looking up the stats of your opponent to make a decision is a big thing

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a HM3, notecaddy, take notes, and color code players. In most of the games I play I am not really worried about players using solvers.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As long as the rules are the same for everyone, it is fair.

If everyone is allowed to use a HUD, there is no advantage because you can use one too -that’s personal choice.

It’s only unfair if some are using it when it isn’t allowed, like RTA.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I generally agree. But there will still be craftsmen who will be able to use such programs somehow illegally. Regardless, I think it's more important to just focus on your skills, goals, and step by step patiently move toward your own goal.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personnaly use Xeester which does not suggest you the next move but helps you to track the opponents you have already faced.
It's the same as writing yourself notes about the players and read it when you face them again.
I don't think it's cheating. Bots are cheating

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well any software, even a tracker is a huge help when playing online, simply because when you play live all the tracking has to be done by you…
It is a no brainer to play 1000 hands online and when faced with a tough situation just looking up the stats of your opponent to make a decision is a big thing

Have you used a tracker?

surfer696

surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Using poker software can give a significant advantage to the players who use it. These programs can analyze game data in real time and provide useful information, such as opponent statistics, probability calculations, and recommended game strategies.

On the other hand, players who don't use software are at a disadvantage because they don't have access to this information and must rely on their own ability to analyze the game and make informed decisions. In addition, users who don't use software may be more likely to make mistakes in their mathematical calculations or to be fooled by the psychological tactics of their opponents.

In some cases, the use of poker software may even be considered cheating and may be prohibited on certain online poker sites. Therefore, it's important for players to understand the rules and limitations of the poker site they're playing at before deciding whether or not to use the software.

In short, poker players who use software may have an advantage over those who don't. That's because these programs can provide useful information and real-time analysis that isn't available to players who rely on their own skills. However, the use of poker software can be considered cheating and may be prohibited on some online poker sites.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
These programs can analyze game data in real time and provide useful information, such as opponent statistics, probability calculations, and recommended game strategies.

Can they?
You sure about this ^
As far as I know, I don't know any sites that allow this? IF a player is using tracking software, the program doesn't analyze any data, it tracks data (big difference imo) and NEVER recommends game strategy. There might be some stuff that can do this, but it's not allowed on any site I play on.

fwiw, if you're quoting an article, you need to quote your source. If you're just making stuff up, it might help to actually write the 'name' of the things you're suggesting are out there and what they're able to do.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I play for fun, so I don't complicate anything and I personally don't need additional software. But in general, I also believe that the use of such additional programs should be prohibited.
Good luck.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I don't know, this is good for Me or bad, but in the present time I not use any software for playing in Poker.
Further Timer Shows...

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
As long as it's not illegal, I don't care what other people do. I think someone who plays for large stakes should have something like this so as not to be at a disadvantage compared to other users. I personally have never used anything like this and wouldn't either. you don't have that option in live poker either so why start online!?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I use nothing but my brain. I play online just to train for live events.

I'm not particularly interested in what you use or why. I just wanted to know what your personal experience was with online poker software, ie. trackers.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Have used HM2 and now using PT4. Not that I or anyone should need them to beat micro stakes but as my end goal is higher, I enjoy studying/improving and for the cost if allowed where I play why wouldn't I or anyone use them? I mean if I was a runner I'd sure as hell buy good running sneakers and not decide to be running around barefoot.

PT4 is even worth owning(in my opinion) if you can't use the HUD part while playing(Ex. GG poker). Reason being is it's great too import your hands for study, good to keep track of progress or lack of and also comes with a nice piece of software called "leak tracker". Which when used will tell you what parts of you game/hand you need to improve and focus on. Kinda like your own personal coach without paying hourly for it.

Cheers!!!