To use a HUD or not to use a HUD lol

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know how I ever survived before HUDs. It has helped me make key decisions for the better. Although I had an issue with customer service, Jivaro is a good choice for someone considering using a HUD for the first time. Its easy to read.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it beneficial to use a HUD. Most importantly to use for hand review after the game. But during the game it allows me to play 3-6 tables and have an idea of a players tendencies that I may have missed not playing a single game at a time.

I also like to see if the table image i believe I am presenting matches up with the stats I am collecting on my own play.

If you use one spend some time on youtube or the forums you got your hud from and learn what stats are beneficial and begin with just a few.

ex. BBs, VPIP, PFR, Aggression frequency those four alone can help quite a bit when beginning and after that you can add stats as your understanding increases.

I will re-iterate though the most beneficial aspect of a HUD for me is the hand reviews afterwards. So I can re-evaluate various spots I have been in in order to attempt to close up leaks.

MrDuke76

MrDuke76

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m a purist so no thanks to all that

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hud is necessary if you play a lot of tables. Playing on a large number of tables is necessary to reduce the coefficient of dispersion. As we can see, these things complement each other. In addition, the statistics of Hud allows us to learn other players, see how much they bluffs, find out their range. Univocal, if you don’t use the HUD, other players will have advantage over you.

Last edited:
K

kientek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use it,beacuse I like to turn it on at the start of a tourney and see if there's a lot of hand history for any players

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's your choice if you do or not use a HUD. Just don't complain. People use it for reason, it helps track the game for analysis both in and out the table. It does not tell you what to do, it just tells you what your opponent did. try remembering all the things they did it the table while muli-tabling. If you can or go by your guts with all your moves, then your all good, you don't need a HUD

Like i said, do not complain if you lose. don't blame other for the mistakes you made in the table.

A HUD is available for anyone to use and its here to stay. If you don't want to use one that's fine. good luck in the table:)

DMAlv7

DMAlv7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My game has improved since using HM3, although how much of that improvement I can actually point to the HUD I dont know?
Really I think the HUD gives me confidence alone. Either way, an improvement is a good thing. Maybe if I took the time to understand what it is telling me it would be even better.......