Upgrading from HEM: HEM2 or PT4

C

-cKe-

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@RDB are you planning on making HEM2 mac compatible? Really liked HEM1 but have switched from Windows to mac and found that this is not supported...

D

Denise26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
@RDB are you planning on making HEM2 mac compatible? Really liked HEM1 but have switched from Windows to mac and found that this is not supported...

Hi,

Unfortunately as of now we don't support Mac, However We are planning on developing a Mac version but development hasnt started, at this point i don’t have an accurate estimate of when we will have a beta version.
You can still run it on a mac with virtual machine software such as VMware Fusion or Parallels. Basically they let you run windows on a mac using those products.

Thanks

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just gotta bump this. Fozzy offered a trial extension a couple of months ago. I decided I want to do it in the new year, sent a mail, and got the code in a couple of hours.

thumbs up to HEM support!

And Denise may be new (?) but is a good addition to the team.

RDB

RDB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just gotta bump this. Fozzy offered a trial extension a couple of months ago. I decided I want to do it in the new year, sent a mail, and got the code in a couple of hours.

thumbs up to HEM support!

And Denise may be new (?) but is a good addition to the team.

Thank you for the kind words. I think you will find our current build performance to be much better than you remember if you were having performance problems during your initial trial. As a bit of a tease: we are testing some new performance fixes in private alpha testing that are showing great promise for reducing RAM use on large database on lower RAM systems.

Denise has been with the team for some time but she spends most of her time answering emails instead of external forums. She spends some time on our forums occasionally but uses a different screen name there.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the kind words. I think you will find our current build performance to be much better than you remember if you were having performance problems during your initial trial. As a bit of a tease: we are testing some new performance fixes in private alpha testing that are showing great promise for reducing RAM use on large database on lower RAM systems.

Denise has been with the team for some time but she spends most of her time answering emails instead of external forums. She spends some time on our forums occasionally but uses a different screen name there.

Denise sent me an email, and I wasnt sure if she is new since she posted- ar at lease a "denise26" did - ItT ad I had not heard of her before. But the kind tone of the mail and the quickness were much appreciated.

I would like to wait till maybe the 2nd week of January to activate my new trial. Is that ok?

Have a good new year.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope it is ok I hijack this thread, instead of making another one, since it is HEM 2 update stuff.

Thanks HEM support for the trial extension. I have now activated. When I try to import my hands I get a pop up saying (basically)"HEM 2 has added new features that require updating............... Would you like to update now?"

When I click Yes, I get a pop up - almost immediately - "An error occured Durong Update.

Error: Collection was modified;Enumeration operation my not execute"
What does this mean?

It also seems many, but not all, hands were imported anyway. I am not too bothered about this since I am more interested in starting with only hands in 2013 with HEM2 anyway, but want to know if I am doing something wrong.

I also seem to have lost all my marked hands. Well, not lost the hands themselves, but the marked status.

And I seem to have lost my notes, I make many noted in HEM upon review and cant see them.

Thanks in advance for your assitance.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, now that I have successfully hijacked JC's thread, why stop now????:D

After some initial hangups . which, with the help from HEM support (and is IS real support) I got HEM2 working.

It is a new look, and at first I kinda sympathized with the complainers about how it is a completely new software that you have to learn from scratch. And, while that is very true in a lot of ways (it is still a tracking software, so the basics are still the same, the layout and user controls are somewhat new different) I found that in a couple of hours it was all pretty familiar.

The main point - IMO - is, there are a lot of improvements in ease of use once you familiarize yourself with the basic layout. The popup designer is great. A vast improvement over HEM1. A number of new stats and features.

It is worth a trial. If you just want to open it and have HEM1, sorry. But, the first time we all used any tracking software, there was a learning phase necessary. That is not true for HEM2, since most of what a tracking software does, we know already through our experience with HEM1. Taking the time to learn the new interface and find the new features is minimal compared with the advantages IMO.