SharkScope

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Iforgot all about this, you do have to take into consideration while using this, being the player might have either gotten better at their game in general, or found the right tourney set up for them.
I remember years ago someone calling me out at a table while using this, telling others what he thought I was going to do. I won that tourney easily with all of his "false" info.

I was just going to mention something similar to this. Was in a CC tourney and someone kept harping on how they had me pegged because they found my stats ( I assume sharkscope) I played to his interpretation and knocked him out. But the thing is I play on 3 other networks, not to mention I have multiple names on some networks. SC does not track on every network, nor do they aggregrate a single user to various player names. So how much data does it really have on any player in particular?

Yes the info is accurate for what it has but you need to know a) how to properly interpret that info b) consider that it is part of the overall picture not the entire picture.

I do find it useful but some people crack me up when they start claiming Stats don't lie.

My stats teacher told me in college, emphasized to our class that using statistics he can manipulate any set of data to state what he wants if he has a large enough data set. You need to learn how to parse, organize and interpret that data on your own as well.

As in most things in life use it with a healthy bit of critical thinking.

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this !!!
I was just going to mention something similar to this. Was in a CC tourney and someone kept harping on how they had me pegged because they found my stats ( I assume sharkscope) I played to his interpretation and knocked him out. But the thing is I play on 3 other networks, not to mention I have multiple names on some networks. SC does not track on every network, nor do they aggregrate a single user to various player names. So how much data does it really have on any player in particular?

Yes the info is accurate for what it has but you need to know a) how to properly interpret that info b) consider that it is part of the overall picture not the entire picture.

I do find it useful but some people crack me up when they start claiming Stats don't lie.

My stats teacher told me in college, emphasized to our class that using statistics he can manipulate any set of data to state what he wants if he has a large enough data set. You need to learn how to parse, organize and interpret that data on your own as well.

As in most things in life use it with a healthy bit of critical thinking.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only use the free version as I have found recently that the results tracked are not accurate. It stated that I had cashed in a tourney that I went out almost immediately on. Not sure what that means. Don't get me wrong it is a useful tool though. I only wish it tracked all site results.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is great, the research is limited, the good is to pay it to have full use, many use to do research of the players that are on the tables. to improve their image and know how to play against them. I do not pay because I do not play the game ... I think it's good only for people who live poker.