Pokerstove expired? anyone have a link?

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
super awesome dmorris68... Your are a rock star!! being a geek can you say a little bit more about the binary update.. or refer me to a link..

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
being a geek can you say a little bit more about the binary update.. or refer me to a link..
Not sure what you want me to say.

I disassembled the EXE, found the code that displayed the expiration message, traced back to where it got the current year and compared it to 2013 (0x7DD) and patched that value to 2047 (0x7FF). I could have also short circuited the jump to the expiration message and ignored the date completely, but since I was playing around with that date value to confirm it was the correct one, I just left it that way. Then I used a hex editor to find that opcode sequence in the EXE and overwrote DD with FF.

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks very much DM. Great Work

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Equilab is better than pokerstove IMO. Not because it shows other results. It is like Pokerstove but has some more helpfull features.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I uninstalled Pokerstove as I also prefer Equilab.

I had Pokerstove on me tablet and it was baaaaad, a lot worse than Pokerstove for the PC. I ended up deleting that one the day I installed it :D

Has anyone ever tried the poker ace drills calculator, if so how good is it?

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its working thanks David!!!!!!

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately the Git source I linked to is only for the core libraries and command-line utilities. The Windows GUI source code is not yet released. Apparently they're deciding on which license to use, and are pointing people to the (now expired) Win32 installer for version 1.24.

HOWEVER I was able to disassemble the executable, find the date check, and make a 1-byte patch to make it expire in 2047. I've uploaded the patched PokerStove.exe to my Dropbox account, the link is below. Just replace your existing PokerStove.exe in your PokerStove install directory (you may want to rename the old one to back it up). Should you ever reinstall with the installer, you'll have to copy this over again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55558954/PokerStove.exe

excellent thank you , mine works fine now.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
little does everyone know, dmo can now see your cards when you play muahhahaha LOL

joking of course, OR AM I :D, nice work dmo will have to get it down on me machine too and check out some of the others that have been suggested :D

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I should point out that the PokerStove author has updated the Windows installer on his Github site to remove the date check, so you can download it from there and not have to use a patched copy anymore.

R

ReggaeX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks and Happy New Year

Many thanks for getting this working again. :) :) :)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL, yeah if somebody is paranoid, download it and run a binary file comparison. You'll find a 1-byte difference at offset 0x00001c87, 0xDD changed to 0xFF.

Yea, I noticed that................................:rolleyes:

Thanks Dave, I have stove again

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What happened to pokerstove?

I tried to use it, and I got a message telling me to download the new version. I downloaded the new version, and it still doesn't work.

D

DenverDave

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a thank you for the help! I have the original version from the dropbox and love it. Will probably go to Github some time for a fully installable version some day LOL

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Github. I am allergic to forced registrations for every little thing.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Github doesn't require registration to download. Click on PokerStoveSetup124.exe, then click the Raw button on the next page, and you get a save prompt. No signup/signin requred.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thx. So raw is a new name for "download" link or what? I am an old geezer and as such dislike new fancy things :D

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Github is actually a SCM (source code management) or version control system, it's not a normal file sharing service. Developers check-in their code and any binaries they wish to distribute. "Raw" tells Github you want the file as-is or raw, without the usual decoration or special formatting provided for source or text files. So your browser decides how to handle or present it, and for a binary file type like an .exe that means to prompt you download it.

BTW as a shortcut you can right-click on the PokerStoveSetup124.exe link and choose "Save Link As" and it should work too.