Poker Computers?

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I was already trying it out the past month. That's definitely alot more than I was making at my job but I don't expect I'll make that much.. I'm hoping for plus +10% ROI, I play about 100x30$ entry triple up tournaments a week and while it's not glamorous it's a start.

I'll see how it goes. I love the game but depending on it to survive will take some getting used to. I might pick up another part time too I'm not sure yet..

Good luck! Keep the grind alive!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
@Poker Orifice

I'm pretty open to either. I think I'd prefer a laptop but if it makes a difference I'd use a desktop no problems. I'm not overly concerned with anything other than web browsing really. I only play at Bovada so I can only play 4 tables and I haven't found a HUD that will work with my Mac but I plan on investing in some sort of software after the new year. I also plan to be playin on Carbon by then as well..

You could easily be using a typical entry level laptop & should never have any problem whatsoever. For your requirements you wouldn't need more than 4GB Ram & actually any processor would be fine.... I have an old Dell laptop with 2GB Ram & it can do ALOT more than just runnning 4-tables on bodog.

If I were in your shoes I would probably go pick up a 15in. laptop & then later on go & buy a 23-24in. monitor & add that to it).
If you check on the deals at Dell you can get something that would be more than enough for your needs for pretty cheap
ie.
Inspiron 15 Celeron processor, Win8.1, 4GB Ram, 500GB Hard drive for $299
(the 17in. goes for $479)

or if you wanted a better processor you can get similiar laptop but with an Intel i3 for $429 (for your needs the first model would be enough... & the i3 would be way more than enough).

A setup I used for a few years was a 17in Acer laptop with just a low end CUP (Pentium dual-core), 4 GB Ram, 300 GB HD, with an extra 23in. Acer monitor (the monitor is cheap.. ~$129 at Walmart). With that low-end 'cheap' setup I could easily play on a half dozen pokersites simultaneously & run 20+ tables at a time.... surf the web, talk on Skype, etc. etc. all at the same time without a problem. AND.. this is while running on WinVista (which is garbage).

Don't let people tell you that you'll need alot more just to play poker.... especially if you're only playing on one or two sites & not running some uber-huge database with HEM or PT4 or something.

If you can find someone reputable (friend? or maybe newegg or something), you should be able to pick up a pretty decent used laptop for cheap.

radman

radman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think i would go with a "gaming" pc

Mac just isnt supported as much

And if you are using software like hem i would get the new solid state drives and memory is fairly cheap so you might as well get a lot

Yup
you can build one yourself cheap. look on line sometimes you can find a ready built system at a good price. just stay out of Wallmart

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could easily be using a typical entry level laptop & should never have any problem whatsoever. For your requirements you wouldn't need more than 4GB Ram & actually any processor would be fine.... I have an old Dell laptop with 2GB Ram & it can do ALOT more than just runnning 4-tables on Bodog.

If I were in your shoes I would probably go pick up a 15in. laptop & then later on go & buy a 23-24in. monitor & add that to it).
If you check on the deals at Dell you can get something that would be more than enough for your needs for pretty cheap
ie.
Inspiron 15 Celeron processor, Win8.1, 4GB Ram, 500GB Hard drive for $299
(the 17in. goes for $479)

or if you wanted a better processor you can get similiar laptop but with an Intel i3 for $429 (for your needs the first model would be enough... & the i3 would be way more than enough).

A setup I used for a few years was a 17in Acer laptop with just a low end CUP (Pentium dual-core), 4 GB Ram, 300 GB HD, with an extra 23in. Acer monitor (the monitor is cheap.. ~$129 at Walmart). With that low-end 'cheap' setup I could easily play on a half dozen pokersites simultaneously & run 20+ tables at a time.... surf the web, talk on Skype, etc. etc. all at the same time without a problem. AND.. this is while running on WinVista (which is garbage).

Don't let people tell you that you'll need alot more just to play poker.... especially if you're only playing on one or two sites & not running some uber-huge database with HEM or PT4 or something.

If you can find someone reputable (friend? or maybe newegg or something), you should be able to pick up a pretty decent used laptop for cheap.

Yeah I'm probably going to go the cheaper route for now. At most I'll be running two sites so I don't think I'd need a lot but eventually I want to add a HUD and database. I plan to only use it for poker and not to install any other programs just to keep it running clean. If I need to buy yet another computer later it's not a big deal I guess, then I'll have a backup machine on hand just in case..

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup
you can build one yourself cheap. look on line sometimes you can find a ready built system at a good price. just stay out of Wallmart
I'm not looking for something I have to build. If I had the money I have a few friends that would be capable. But that would cost me to have them build as well. I don't think that's what I'm looking for.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah I'm probably going to go the cheaper route for now. At most I'll be running two sites so I don't think I'd need a lot but eventually I want to add a HUD and database. I plan to only use it for poker and not to install any other programs just to keep it running clean. If I need to buy yet another computer later it's not a big deal I guess, then I'll have a backup machine on hand just in case..

Even with something cheap, you'll be able to run a bunch of other programs on it (at the same time) without a problem.
Today I was playing on my old junker & this was while surfing web, emailing, listening to music & talking on skype (with video) for work & playing on 3 pokersites at same time... with ZERO lag issues. I've had it run alot more stuff without a problem.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not looking for something I have to build. If I had the money I have a few friends that would be capable. But that would cost me to have them build as well. I don't think that's what I'm looking for.
try to find some bargains in thanks giving:D
here
http://www.techbargains.com/

I collect my PC parts mostly from here:D
good luck:D

but think a blue print for your PC is the main thing to consider, and using that standard to find:D

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to find some bargains in thanks giving:D
here
http://www.techbargains.com/

I collect my PC parts mostly from here:D
good luck:D

but think a blue print for your PC is the main thing to consider, and using that standard to find:D

I'll have to check that out. This is the time of year to save some money, that's for sure.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My girlfriends step dad is a computer nut and he swears by frys. There's actually a store not terribly far from where I live.