Poker Alfie

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just tried a poker AI App called PokerAlfie. Anyone tried this? About 1000 hands in now and it's proving to be a pretty tough opponent, on par with pokersnowie and dare I say tougher [emoji50]. It's starting to tilt me lol.

Curious what kind of bb/100 you guys can get against it over a large enough sample.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have downloaded the app and played around 100 hands and had a win rate of 1.7. Can you change the settings so you play heads up etc because I can't find it atm just 6 max

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have downloaded the app and played around 100 hands and had a win rate of 1.7. Can you change the settings so you play heads up etc because I can't find it atm just 6 max
No unfortunately, no heads up as far as I know. You're getting 1.7 per hand? So 170bb per 100? [emoji14] I reset my score and I'm also sitting at near 100 after 200 hands. Just playing a bit more cautiously this time around and taking advantage of it's tendency to keep betting with top pair / kicker into hands like sets and of its calling shoves with 2 pair lol.

Anyone else play this? I'm really curious how true the claims are about this being strong AI. I'm not super skilled so I'm not able to really judge it. I do know I had an easier time playing against pokersnowie though vs this one.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No unfortunately, no heads up as far as I know. You're getting 1.7 per hand? So 170bb per 100? [emoji14] I reset my score and I'm also sitting at near 100 after 200 hands. Just playing a bit more cautiously this time around and taking advantage of it's tendency to keep betting with top pair / kicker into hands like sets and of its calling shoves with 2 pair lol.

Anyone else play this? I'm really curious how true the claims are about this being strong AI. I'm not super skilled so I'm not able to really judge it. I do know I had an easier time playing against pokersnowie though vs this one.

I am also very interested in knowing how this compares with other AI, and even some of the pros here at Cardschat.

After 1000 hands I am at 0.23bb per hand or 22.6bb/100 hands. I think this is fairly solid, but again not knowing how others have really done, I don't know ho good it is. I plan to put in 5000 hands here. Jonathan Little and another pro faired far worse , but that may very well be because of the learning that the app is accomplishing - I have no idea.

here is a more recent Cardschat post on this subject - pile on if you would like.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/better-at-poker-overnight-457543/#post5600602

Good luck and God bless.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also very interested in knowing how this compares with other AI, and even some of the pros here at Cardschat.

After 1000 hands I am at 0.23bb per hand or 22.6bb/100 hands. I think this is fairly solid, but again not knowing how others have really done, I don't know ho good it is. I plan to put in 5000 hands here. Jonathan Little and another pro faired far worse , but that may very well be because of the learning that the app is accomplishing - I have no idea.

here is a more recent Cardschat post on this subject - pile on if you would like.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/better-at-poker-overnight-457543/#post5600602

Good luck and God bless.
I've actually been playing against it everyday past few fays to see how it is. Started out at 100bb/100 for the first 2000 hands, now at about 50bb but I am still under 10k hands, gonna aim for 20k hands and report back.

Playing on my phone though so I had to crank the playspeed up because otherwise it hangs my CPU, which means lower AI strength. It does some strange things like minreraise almost as often as choosing a full 3bet size.

Also underfolds top pair poor kicker or middle pair type hands, so very easy to stack with a nutted hand.

Still great practice before jumping online to see if your mental game is at 100% or not.

J

Jeff.poker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I played 1,500 hands today on v 5.0; over that time I'm up $227 (15¢ per hand). It's a bit deceptive though because it replenishes your bankroll after each hand, back to $100. If only it worked like that in the real world 😏