Name 3 best tools you use

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking to get some software (don't even play with a HUD right now) and wanted to know the 3 best well-rounded and preferably cheap tools you guys use

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
i used poker tracker

hyfl

hyfl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Equilab - It's forbidden to use during play on many poker sites because of hand vs range and range vs range equity calculation, but you can use it to analyze your play after the game or to your equity estimation skills.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
PokerTracker and sometimes ICMizer.

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Installed "poker calculator" for android. Sometimes I check the calculations in it. But not often. It doesn't help me much as I'm a weak player.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Do you still use it? Any tips?
I am still using it. But I only recommend to purchase it and get used to it.
It has so many functions, it would be hard to guide you through all here.
And I guess, I am just using some percentag of this software.

But what is really handy you can customise your HUD. So the stats, that you like to
see are displayed beside the player. I am using usually:
VPIP/PFR, C-Betting stats, Fold to steal, attempts to steal, Limps and so on. Maybe some make it uneccesarry and I could declutter my HUD... for sure, but did not so far, as I am used to it :D
And then you also can run analysis of your games somehow, maybe even better, when you are a cash player. But tracking your results is really an advantage. You can view and review all hands at any time easily with the in-built replayer.
I would not want to miss it anymore, really!

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker Tracker 4 is excellent product.
I strongly reccommend buying it

There are other usefull tools like Table Ninja and AutoHotKey which I used occasionaly in the past but I find it to slow down computer performance if you are multitabling on more than one site at the same time.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Tracker 4 is excellent product.
I strongly reccommend buying it

There are other usefull tools like Table Ninja and AutoHotKey which I used occasionaly in the past but I find it to slow down computer performance if you are multitabling on more than one site at the same time.

Thanks - will definitely look into it when people start respecting my raises :)

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TOOLS???

Are you kidding me??!!… tools to use… how about using your memory and being able to recognize similar situations and how they have been dealt with in the past…. Success vs. Failure… or just flip a coin LOL

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those tools should not be software but rather mental ability to remember and have different scenarios on how to counteract the opponent's, but definitely can be helpful for some, useless for others xD

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I use PockerTracker 4 and as a statistic freak I am very satisfied with this software. You can analyze everything you want. If this improves your skills is another question.
Also free Equilab for some calculations. The use is only possible when you are not logged in at various pokersites

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I use PT4 , Jurojin and sometimes ICMizer.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Looking to get some software (don't even play with a HUD right now) and wanted to know the 3 best well-rounded and preferably cheap tools you guys use

What do you mean by 'well-rounded'?

Tools for what?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you kidding me??!!… tools to use… how about using your memory and being able to recognize similar situations and how they have been dealt with in the past…. Success vs. Failure… or just flip a coin LOL

There's no such thing as similar situations as each situation is different.
Though, I certainly agree using your memory is a good thing and it could work well upto some point.
Still, software like Pokertracker, not being the holy grale , when used properly could give you a little advantage , especially when multitabling, playing gazillion of hands and in analyzing your game.

I'd say if you are a real recreational player, just playing for a little fun every now and than.....don't bother spending money on additional software tools.

If your plan is to take poker really serious and plan on playing high volume , software like PT is very useful or maybe even a must have.