Looking for private beta participants for Poker Data

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it something you would look to get working with tournaments?

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it something you would look to get working with tournaments?

Absolutely! Right now we're just working on getting cash game coverage 100% functional, then we'll slide development right over to tournaments.

If you try out the cash game features and notice anything you'd like (or things that are missing) that you'd like to see available on the tournament side, just let us know and we'll incorporate it into the feature set.

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We've added a couple of new rooms to PokerData!

party poker and the Winning Poker Network are now supported.

There are also a few enhancements done to the hand history viewer and the session list page to make them easier to navigate.

Try it out (for free!) and let us know what you think!

http://www.pokerdata.com

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wish this were on bovada. only hud that works there is holdem indicator

R

revox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, I'll have our developer check into this. It certainly is a false positive, we'll just narrow it down and provide more technical details about it.

Thanks, just for people with windows 8, the windows defender could delete the file once downloaded (it is with me anyway).

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does this happen for all .exe files that you try to download or just the PokerData installer? Do you have your Windows Defender settings maxed out? I've been reading about the Windows 8 settings, and it seems like it can go rogue and just start deleting any .exe files...

R

revox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does this happen for all .exe files that you try to download or just the PokerData installer? Do you have your Windows Defender settings maxed out? I've been reading about the Windows 8 settings, and it seems like it can go rogue and just start deleting any .exe files...

I have no problem with other software, including dodgy software which should get picked up by windows defender. I understand computers very well, also I turn it off and on again, but when it didn't let me download it, I turned it off and ran through virus total and got some false positives back, wondering if this could be the problem which it isn't downloading.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so any reviews on this yet?

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it is currently in a free beta trial, so you'll have access to all the features to try it out yourself and we'd love to hear what you think!

As always, we would love to hear more feedback from people using the product, so the more the merrier!

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just had a question for you guys:

What stats do you typically use on a HUD? Obvious stats are
Name
hands
VPIP
PFR
AF
3B

What other stats are absolute must haves for anyone using a HUD in general?

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks! The dev team will hear about this shortly!

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just had a question for you guys:

What stats do you typically use on a HUD? Obvious stats are
Name
Hands
VPIP
PFR
AF
3B

What other stats are absolute must haves for anyone using a HUD in general?
I prefer AFq to AF myself, for starters. Other REALLY basic stats include: 4bet, fold to 3bet, Cbet flop/turn/river (in 3bet or non-3bet pot -- I myself also like having Cbet IP/Cbet OOP, but that's not as important), donk flop/turn/river, float flop/turn/river, and so on. Basically, everything HEM has I want.

I also like having stats by position, particularly 3bet by position and 3bet vs position. I would, additionally, LOVE a HUD that would track Cbet frequencies on dry vs drawy vs made (3straight+/3flush+) boards, but I understand that's tough to program.

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback, Aleksei.

A HUD giving results based on board textures is definitely interesting. Plus, we love a good challenge. We'll keep it in mind!

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

We've just added iPoker support to PokerData, check it out!

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many users may have noticed that the key stats have been dramatically updated. The player shape has been replaced with simple cards detailing your stats.

Don't worry; the player shape will be back in a more relevant and useful way. In the meantime, click the new key stats cards to get a quick refresher on what the stat means and how you can utilize it in your game!

i6LCBJV.png

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HI PDAlex, been thinking much about looking into some kinds of tracking softwares etc recently and came accross this thread reference in another I had been viewing.

I do have a question on the technical side, just wondering why set the software on the Cloud side of the fence? I would think that as a player my tracked data is something important to me that I wouldn't want to have made available to others (granted I know there are sites that track accross the board, so maybe my thoughts are irelevant) and having this data stored on the cloud as opposed to a database on my own local pc could open it to the world.

Essentially it could open it to perhaps even someone who has never played, gaining access to a huge statistical database (the entire system you have which contains all of your users databases)? Just my thinking, is this something that perhaps down the road is going to wind up being made available through access level subscriptions to the software that will give those will to pay access to statistics system wide?

Just my curiosity, still thinking I might look at giving it a try as well as others to see what I like the best before making any investment into such software.

Thanks,
bluff

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HI PDAlex, been thinking much about looking into some kinds of tracking softwares etc recently and came accross this thread reference in another I had been viewing.

I do have a question on the technical side, just wondering why set the software on the Cloud side of the fence? I would think that as a player my tracked data is something important to me that I wouldn't want to have made available to others (granted I know there are sites that track accross the board, so maybe my thoughts are irelevant) and having this data stored on the cloud as opposed to a database on my own local pc could open it to the world.

Essentially it could open it to perhaps even someone who has never played, gaining access to a huge statistical database (the entire system you have which contains all of your users databases)? Just my thinking, is this something that perhaps down the road is going to wind up being made available through access level subscriptions to the software that will give those will to pay access to statistics system wide?

Just my curiosity, still thinking I might look at giving it a try as well as others to see what I like the best before making any investment into such software.

Thanks,
Bluff

Hey there, Bluff.

Thanks for your well thought-out post!

While the data is stored in the cloud, the hands you upload are private and visible ONLY to you as the original uploader. When you sign up for an account, we create a private database for you that is updated only from your account, not from any shared pool of hands of any kind.

The reason for having the data in the cloud is for ease of use and so that users can access their personal data from anywhere, rather than being stuck on the computer on which they've installed a local database (which itself can be a painful task).

When we introduce the ability to share items or have a public profile, this will be entirely controlled by you, the user. If you choose to share nothing, your profile will be blank. If you choose to share a single hand history, that's your prerogative.

We will NOT offer one player's data to another paying customer. Our vision is to provide valuable tools for fair play and engagement that help players grow and improve, not selling access to second hand data.

I hope that answers your questions and concerns!

tl;dr Your database (and data) is private and will never be sold to others

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. True on the cloud with regards to eliminating the backup step for the user I suppose. Is your system using a basic backup, or you running on ultra redundancy to eliminate the possibility of loss. Just curious more than anything, obviously I'm an IT guy I'm sure you can tell.

Thanks

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently everything is just backed up, however we're moving to a redundant system so that any disruptions won't be felt by users in any way. This will be done very soon.

It's great to hear from someone technical with an interest in the behind the scenes goings-on. We'll have our developers put up some blog posts explaining some of the more technical bits and pieces of PokerData in the coming weeks, as there is certainly some interesting stuff going on in the architecture!

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

Here's a pretty big feature announcement - PD has a HUD! Give PD's HUD a try; while we're in the beta release, it'll be entirely free! All of your stats will be generated via your private cloud DB, so try it on your home computer, the library, wherever PD is installed, you will have your data available for playing!

Leave us with some feedback on it, things you like/don't like and we'll see how we can incorporate your requests into the next update.

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The PD HUD now supports iPoker (along with pokerstars). Working on expanding to the other supported networks as well.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope you got a least a few people testing in your beta testing, sounds like progress development is being made on the produce. Unfortunately not able to take part myself due to a data cap restraint on our internet package up here, i push it some months as it is with various windows updates and poker software updates along with play time.

Sucks as would have been great to get in on testing with this, hopefully someone out there is providing some good feedback even though its been quite in the thread.