Please share if you know of any

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as I know, all the commercially paid trackers give you a lifetime license. PT4 is around 100$, which in my opinion is not much, if you are serious about online poker. It works on several major sites including ACR.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello, good day, HM3 you make a single payment of $ 60 USD and you have left for life. I advise you that it is a good investment and that will undoubtedly help you better in your Poker. Greetings!

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drivehud has a free trial, and onetime fee, $30 for small stakes, and a yearly license renewal for updates ($7). Drivehud 2 is currently open free beta and has been for several months:
https://drivehud.com/introducing-all-new-drivehud-2-poker-hud-database/

Most of the major huds are not one time fees anymore. You have to pay a yearly renewal for either support and / or updates.

In the end, you get what you pay for, so try them and see what you like.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand2note is totally free and has been from day one. It works on PLO as well.

Cracking simple hud with loads of features.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand2note is totally free and has been from day one. It works on PLO as well.

Cracking simple hud with loads of features.

I am a big fan of free and I agree that H2N is the best free HUD out there.

Their hand history data has some gaps in it, but they claim that it is ACR that doesn't include the data in their history files, so go figure.

Give it a try. It is a very customizable HUD,

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a big fan of free and I agree that H2N is the best free HUD out there.

Their hand history data has some gaps in it, but they claim that it is ACR that doesn't include the data in their history files, so go figure.

Give it a try. It is a very customizable HUD,

Big gaps in hand data, not user friendly, and some of the worst support you'll ever get. It has a lot of potential, and if you get the paid version it's probably worth it. But there's just better options out there if you invest just a little bit of money. Hm3 and drivehud2 are way better imho.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big gaps in hand data, not user friendly, and some of the worst support you'll ever get. It has a lot of potential, and if you get the paid version it's probably worth it. But there's just better options out there if you invest just a little bit of money. Hm3 and drivehud2 are way better imho.
No disagreement. You get what you pay for and free was the key word in the question.

I have tried the trial version of HM and Drivehud and i agree that they are better, but there is a cost. I am not a fan of of subscription or yearly costs. I get that this is the new business model for software, but I hate it.

Good luck.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just use your own brain, no need for huds.

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hands2Notes is used by colleagues in a group and they have no complaints about it (free).

I personally only started using PT4 this year and I must say that it does help me with my studies a lot. Very user friendly (at first not, but with a bit patience I could figure out the simple things).

That was not true when I tried the trial version of HM3. I found it complicated and the visuals on the table did not please me. I opted by PT4 for the simplicity and honestly it does not seem expensive (I dont play PLO nor high stakes so I got the cheapest version and that is great for me).

Works well on ACR. I am not sure about Hands2Notes though as I only know ppl playing Starts using it.

Last edited:
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No disagreement. You get what you pay for and free was the key word in the question.

I have tried the trial version of HM and Drivehud and i agree that they are better, but there is a cost. I am not a fan of of subscription or yearly costs. I get that this is the new business model for software, but I hate it.

Good luck.

I won't speak to what's the best HUD there because I'm biased and think it's Drivehud 2. :) But I did want to comment on the subscription model of software. It's priced that way to make the software more affordable for more people in most cases, because a one time fee w/ the cost of development and marketing today would be much higher.

Just using the HUD market as an example, the pricing on HUDs hasn't changed in over 20 years! Yeah, 20 years, and even then it was an under priced utility. HUDs and databases are much more complex than most micrsoft Apps you'll purchase, which are hundreds of dollars. You're talking about hundreds of thousands of lines of code. And in the case of microsoft, they don't have to deal with poker sites making constant changes. HUDs are way under priced really, and fortunately for the consumer, competition has kept them low.

In the case of Drivehud, the yearly costs are $9.99 or lower in order to cover all of those updates. Those kinds of fees help pay for new feature additions, etc... And the reason this is the best model in terms of pricing for both the consumer and HUD developers is because a lot of times people will only play poker 1 or 2 years. So if they stop, they don't have to pay a high one time fee. They get in low, and use what they need.

A bit of a rant, but just wanted to give you some perspective. I think ideally a one off price would be great, but the entry price would be much higher for most software. At least you don't have a pay to play model in HUDs and poker software! ;) :) Now those drive me crazy.

Last edited: