Is LeakBuster Worth It?? (Micro Stakes)

L

LaserCats

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems like u have to invest a bunc of time with this tool - not sure it recognizes the need for you to change gears and for you to see when other players are changing gears. thats what poker is all about - anyone can play premiums aggressive - its when you dont have premiums is when ur semi bluff rules and will make the most cash for you. I done thnk sofwtaqre will teach you that but could tell u when ur semi-bluffing too much. But it all depends on the table ur at - software cant see gears change on the fly. quickly but over time

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a Mac and I use Wine to run Windows programs, but was not able to get the Leakbuster trial to work... Are there any alternatives short of getting other software to run Windows programs? I don't know of anything else that's free, and I'm wary of spending more than I need to.

I'm assuming you were trying the PT version? I know people have used parallels on mac's and it's worked. Other than that, I don't know.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
seems like u have to invest a bunc of time with this tool - not sure it recognizes the need for you to change gears and for you to see when other players are changing gears. thats what poker is all about - anyone can play premiums aggressive - its when you dont have premiums is when ur semi bluff rules and will make the most cash for you. I done thnk sofwtaqre will teach you that but could tell u when ur semi-bluffing too much. But it all depends on the table ur at - software cant see gears change on the fly. quickly but over time

Mmm... well software isn't going to change you into Ivey in 5 minutes. You need to invest a lot of time with anything to become good. What this will do is optimize the time that you do look at things, and point out very specific things and lines you're taking that aren't optimal. Not to mention it will cover topics about changing gears, how to bluff optimally, etc.. with all the training videos/modules that it includes. There's actually a long list of coaches that use it now with students, and that list is growing as more people become aware of it. In the next version there will be coaches listed that use Leak Buster as a tool to quickly spot leaks that would otherwise take them several sessions to find with students.

But I guess this is the primary problem. Some people look at it and go, well stats will only show you X much, or comment like you did, which doesn't really reflect what the software is about. So we obviously need to do a better job on conveying what it actually does do because it does stuff like:
  • River bet sizing
  • 3-betting reasonable hands from blinds vs. cold calling
  • Getting max value vs opponents full range
  • 3-bet squeezing w/ non-premium hands in and out of position
  • Betting second pair or less on dry boards on the turn
  • Multiple line analysis - bet check bet, check bet bet, etc...
  • Blind defense analysis
  • Naked flop floats vs raising the flop
Not to mention a lot of some of the best online players made the tool with the idea that it would benefit most online players looking to improve. The people involved, including myself, would never make a tool that wouldn't bring value to people game. You won't know specifics about dynamics at the table, but over large samples, it does do a good job of finding spots that you're missing or risking too much EV when compared to millions of other hands of winning players (100 million+ to be exact).

I'm biased, but I honestly think everyone should have it. :) And not just because we're selling it, but because it's a great value for the $ for your game.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be easier to evaluate if you didn't cripple the trial period.

I dumped it, cuz I have no idea what it does beyond step two.

-

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

-

Thanks for the feedback. It gives data up to step 5. There's a balance between giving something away for free and allowing people to evaluate it. We are actually expanding some of the data it will feedback into step 2 in the next couple of versions. We do offer a money back guarantee on it. We don't want anyone owning it that doesn't feel they are getting significant value from it.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

-

It will be very good. :) The biggest thing, and since it seems you're a customer an a fan, is to try and explain to the average forum posting online player that leak buster isn't just about stat ranges, and it actually has a ton of helpful information, even to winning experienced players. That's the hurdle that we're trying to get through to in the next couple of releases.

I think the trial is what gives people this impression. I used it and was given one minor leak which I doubted was actually a leak. People who get given one or two leaks or even none can't really be expected to snap buy the program but this will likely happen to many winning players who try the trial.

Last edited:
Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We do offer a money back guarantee on it. We don't want anyone owning it that doesn't feel they are getting significant value from it.

I'll probably buy this next week (based on you and a certain others claims it does more than look at stat ranges available in HM) and take you up on the money back gurantee if it doesn't pan out. If it does I'll respond back with a positive review as long as shwiggler doesn't jiz his pants :D

Is Leakbuster the same on HM1 as it is on HM2?

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure they are the same.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why not just time stop THE WHOLE PROGRAM so's we can evaluate it thoroughly?

Even one week would be enough.

-

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the trial is what gives people this impression. I used it and was given one minor leak which I doubted was actually a leak. People who get given one or two leaks or even none can't really be expected to snap buy the program but this will likely happen to many winning players who try the trial.

Yes, agreed. Future version is going to list all leaks, but won't list all info/content on correcting them.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why not just time stop THE WHOLE PROGRAM so's we can evaluate it thoroughly?

Even one week would be enough.

-

Because it's somewhat equivalent to giving someone a book and a video for free, and then asking them to pay for it after they've read it. It's not like a data program like Holdem Manager where you can have 60+ day trials and it doesn't really matter because data is data, there's no learning information really attached to it. And while leak buster has long term value for a player, there's also a bulk of valuable date you're going to get in the first few runs because your sample size will be largest the first couple of times.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because it's somewhat equivalent to giving someone a book and a video for free, and then asking them to pay for it after they've read it

No... it's not. Unless it's a one time use thing. Is your product a one time, throw away kinda thing?

Geeze... I guess ALL THOSE OTHER free trial offers are coming from idiots.

-

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll probably buy this next week (based on you and a certain others claims it does more than look at stat ranges available in HM) and take you up on the money back gurantee if it doesn't pan out. If it does I'll respond back with a positive review as long as shwiggler doesn't jiz his pants :D

Is Leakbuster the same on HM1 as it is on HM2?

I'm pretty sure they are the same.

Does the license transfer over? I'm likely moving to HM2 at some point so don;t want to buy it for HM1 then not be able to use it a week later.

RDB

RDB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does the license transfer over? I'm likely moving to HM2 at some point so don;t want to buy it for HM1 then not be able to use it a week later.

There won't be an upgrade fee for any HM Apps. If you bought an App for HM1 it will work in HM2.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No... it's not. Unless it's a one time use thing. Is your product a one time, throw away kinda thing?

Geeze... I guess ALL THOSE OTHER free trial offers are coming from idiots.

-

Leak Buster does have a trial already. I've tried to explain the difference between information software and data software. For instance our ace poker drills software has a fully functional trial, as does ace poker coach. But those don't include tons of video and written content.

Last edited:
H

holmes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Leak Buster definitely worth the price. There's a new update now.
Last 250 big pot hands organized on main interface (configurable in settings to determine pot size). You can run equity calculations w/ automated hand ranges from any of these hands, or export them.