How many casual online players use a HUD?

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion when people hear about HUD they imagine a man playing at 10 tables simultaneously with strange figures everywhere so they decide that it is too complicated and do not even try it. It is not that difficult at all. I manage to make easy poker hud work in no more than 10 minutes and reading about vpip, pfr and afq (mostly used parameters) will take you another 10 minutes. It is not that complicated at all.

I have even tried holdem manager which interface looks really outdated and not user friendly at all but reading the documentation at their site i also managed to set it up in around 30 minutes. After initial setup HUD just works. You start it in the beginning of session and close it after that. Nothing more than this. Of course everybody can decide for himself but in my opinion hud can only help you and having free alternative you can hardly find excuse to not at least try using one. Just my 2 cents. :)

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use a HUD and find it very helpful. Especially when I'm not paying attention to the table and find myself involved in a big hand. But also, I should be paying attention to the table haha

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use it mainly for keeping quick track of big blinds, at this point I should know it quick but Im old what can I say. Really all those displays get in my way, Im really looking for spots based off stack sizes and position and unless I got a lot of history with a player, I wont use those stats right anyways and probably make myself in spots I shouldnt and vice versa

S

Stan71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think A HUD is useful I keep my HUDS pretty simple VPIP/PFR etc. The stats I pay attention to the most are 3bets,fold to 3 bets and fold to steal from the blinds.

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure it helps in the game especially if you play for more than one table. I used it for a few days and then I wiped it. I paid more attention to the numbers than on the game itself. I just did not enjoy the game.

S

Shanek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so I went in looked in to hud like I said I would and from what I seen I felt like I was putting to much trust in what the hud said and was making call I normally wouldn't so I think I'm just going to stay away from them and play how I normally do .plus like others said to much cutter

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried them and don't like them, and they can give you false reading, on if a player has a good run and on the cards they don't see, but there is an advantage for sure if you like