Chips
Because they are the same thread DUCY?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh wow dude! thanks sooooooo much! Phew! I feel like I'm saving money already!

They should come out with 'HUD-Caps'... where players with HUDs are only allowed to have a certain # of hands on any one player.

And how much would that cap be?

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lots of players use poker huds especially in cash games however players can easily change their style of play everytime. for example a player who have a high 30% vpip can play more tight and a player with a 15% vpip can be more loose so how can the hud knows that? you can play one round tight and another loose or 2 rounds tight aggresive and then 1 round loose aggresive i mean huds doesnt determined anything. why would a player keep playing the same way all the time if they know that their opponents are looking to all his stats?. i might as well change my poker style all the time and make your hud useless.

Yeah but you forget that most players play on many tables at a time. It's simply impossible to remember the style you play with at all tables. But on the other hand yeah, skilled players watch their own stats and sometimes make unexpected moves...
I love poker because it's very comlicated. Some players dont even use hud, some are fish, some hobby players, some good players, some regulars, some pros etc using different strategy (or no strategy)...and they are all mixed up and sitting at the tables. :)

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting (and challenging) discussion guys. The one essence of poker that many players forget is making notes about other players, and therefore why shouldn't a HUD be used if you think it helps with note taking! Though I agree to some extent on the fairness argument, cos you don't get that in live poker as opposed to online, however, people still take and make notes, so we have to accept that life goes on.

Think about it. If you have a job and you have certain tasks or appointments, you may well make notes about them, as it could affect your job performance if you get them wrong. You may also need to report on the performance of another person or a piece of equipment . Without your notes you may come unstuck. Why not do that in poker? It's not just a game. To some and many people it is a job and a way of making some (sometime serious) money.

Take poker seriously, make notes and get better not just complain about others having a competitive edge.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wNwHA1h.gif

P

pokervike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummmm. Well, yeah then... I am new here at CC and was hoping to find a thread about how to better use my PT4 when studying my game and effectively use it better in game. ring only! The MTT set up I'll tackle if my head doesn't explode from starting to use full potential of my HUD. I got caught in the moment and just had to read this "no HUD conspiracy theory" good read! Keep the hope alive with no HUD. My BR is counting (everything) on it.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets be serious.

Different styles can have very similar winrates and there are plenty marginal spots so switching how you play them has no negative impact + you get to throw off people.

I change my own style in such spots regularly and there are no penalties (in fact I am definitely profitable vs regs when I do it).

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it takes a while for stats to converge ie a 10 hand sample wont tell you much about their 3b stats, but it may give you some insight into their vpip

E

ermc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think changing your style for a few hands won't fool the HUD. The HUD takes into account your playing style over hundreds of hands over weeks and months, not just a few hands in one game or one day.