Hold'em Assitant

cranck

cranck

Freeroll #12 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold'em Assistant

New tool for poker players: www.holdemassistant.com.

A Dane who has previously made some other gaming software got interested in poker and started developing this. Its still in Beta and only supports certain online poker sites (the list is growing).

The tool is a very efficient helper for beginners and offers general guidelines on how to play each hand. Dont let it run your game though, as it is set up to cater to one playstyle and doesnt take your experience with opposing players into consideration (reading bet style, etc).

I am testing it when i play in freerolls on Ladbroke and so far it has helped me avoid those horible tilt's that i sometimes experience in big freerolls (lack of patience gets to me and i start betting big on bad hands).

Last edited:
X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I have tried a couple of those type programs out. The ones that you punch in the cards are helpful the auto ones don't work anyway, cause the poker sites change things up enough so they wont. They have to otherwise people would write programs to play all the time. Yeah if you are learning probably a good thing to have.

cranck

cranck

Freeroll #12 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the sites supported by this one, the software actually works. Only tried Ladbrokes poker myself, but works like a charm there. Think Loke (the programmer) is expanding the number of supported sites soon.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe I'm paranoid but I find an auto helper that works to be disturbing! If that is the case he is basically one step away from a computer program playing for him all the time... Which of course I'm sure somebody has already fingered out how to do and is currently doing, but I still find it disturbing that online poker might just as well be video poker.