HEM when used by husband/wife

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone know what the rule is when 2 people use the same computer where HEM is installed, but (obviously) have separate poker accounts?

Is the license for HEM computer specific or user specific?

jjbish

jjbish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can get stats for both. There are options to save different huds and you can filter by player and/or alias' to see your individual stats.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just as with just about any other program, it is device specific, not person specific. There are going to be some options where you will not be able to have separated results(ie your graph with rakeback and bonuses showing). If you have it installed on your own separate computers, then you don't need to worry about this problem however.

Technically, the only real "problem" that you would have would be that by definition, you would be using datamined hands when you're playing against someone who your wife played but you didn't, or vice versa, but chances are both of you aren't playing huge volumes for the stats to really add up if you're both on the same computer, right? One way you could get around this is to create another database and then when you fire HEM up, just switch to your respective database, so that only your hands are being saved their and her hands are being saved on her DB.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's with the nonsense advice given above ^^?

It costs $100 more if you let another person do it, BUT if you show HEM naked pics of the wife they let you use it for free. I think this is the forum they check and update your license accordingly

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's with the nonsense advice given above ^^?

It costs $100 more if you let another person do it, BUT if you show HEM naked pics of the wife they let you use it for free. I think this is the forum they check and update your license accordingly

^^this, obviously.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Naked pics of my wife???? Ive been trying to get some for ages, you think HEM will share??

What about we reverse it, and SHE shows naked pics of me, then HEM charges double per license???

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't have HEM, but in PT3 the stats that show are playername dependent.

So for example, if I had never set my alias's to show me all of DJ13 (stars name), I would never see any stats from FullTilt where I am dj1113. As it is, I have set my alias's, and sometimes update to include other players alias's as I find them out.

So assuming you and your wife have different usernames, (you better have or this HEM issue is miniscule compared to other impending issues), you should only be seeing your stats or can adjust it to only see your stats.

The data mining issues is different, as most sites will be restricted to some # of hands before you will stop importing fresh hands. In PT3 I believe it is 25-30 hands. This number is controlled by the poker sites as interpreted by PT3, and I assume HEM. Failure to abide will cause the trackers to be placed on the 'FORBIDDEN SOFTWARE' list.

I could also see how a non-me player has done against another non-me player in situations where I was at the table. So I could see how Joe Showdown has done against Savage Penguin over the 2 years (or is it 3?) that I have collected hands.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

So for example, if I had never set my alias's to show me all of DJ13 (stars name), I would never see any stats from FullTilt where I am dj1113. As it is, I have set my alias's, and sometimes update to include other players alias's as I find them out.

So assuming you and your wife have different usernames, (you better have or this HEM issue is miniscule compared to other impending issues), you should only be seeing your stats or can adjust it to only see your stats.

The data mining issues is different, as most sites will be restricted to some # of hands before you will stop importing fresh hands. In PT3 I believe it is 25-30 hands. This number is controlled by the poker sites as interpreted by PT3, and I assume HEM. Failure to abide will cause the trackers to be placed on the 'FORBIDDEN SOFTWARE' list

I could also see how a non-me player has done against another non-me player in situations where I was at the table. So I could see how Joe Showdown has done against Savage Penguin over the 2 years (or is it 3?) that I have collected hands.

OK, I am not sure what you mean by this. We obviously have different site names. So what do I need to do - or do we need to do - to make sure we do not get on a forbidden software list? Is it a setting in HEM that the sites can interpret? Or does HEM see this independently?

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The data mining issues is different, as most sites will be restricted to some # of hands before you will stop importing fresh hands. In PT3 I believe it is 25-30 hands. This number is controlled by the poker sites as interpreted by PT3, and I assume HEM. Failure to abide will cause the trackers to be placed on the 'FORBIDDEN SOFTWARE' list.

LOL what's this nonsense, I've imported millions of hands. Level?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Data mining is when you record hands at a table you are not sitting at. PT3 has a limit as stated. They refer to them as viewed hands.

I do not know HEM, and thus can not tell you anything.

To Complex Playa, I could buy millions of hands too........:eek:

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Data mining is when you record hands at a table you are not sitting at. PT3 has a limit as stated. They refer to them as viewed hands.

Yes you could, what's your point?

Thx for the explanation on viewed hands

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yea I understand that. But how will that directly relate to a husband and wife using the same HEM? In HEM, if I observe a table I am not at and have my HEM going, it doesent show stats on that table and doesent collect stats either. So I cant get data from ANY table I am not actually sitting at.

If I use HEM and somehow sit at a table with a player my wife has played, but I havent, her stats and notes on this player will be in HEM (Even tho, as far as I know, this perhaps has not happened, since we play different formats. The possibility exists, and may have come up a time or 2, as we cant remember the SN of every player we have encountered). My question here, do I need to make sure I have each separate poker account - in this case mine and hers on FT or stars or whatever - viewing ONLY the players whos stats have been recorded from that player? If I do, does anyone know how to do this?

I will post at HEM forums as well.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, if you are really concerned about getting stats on players she has played as well, just make a separate databases for yourself and her. Go into the DB manager and you can create a new one, then whenever either of you starts up your session, just go into HEM and select your respective DB and you will have your each separate DBs with only your hands in.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NOT A HEM user, as stated, but looking thru the PT3 legal stuff (EULA), I found these 'clauses';

in definitions;

You are referred to herein as "you" or "Licensee." The terms "You" or "Licensee" include you and any of your owners, employees, partners, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, attorneys, agents, heirs, and assigns. We may be referred to herein as "PokerTracker" or "Licensor".

And shortly after that;

2. GRANT OF LICENSE. PokerTracker hereby grants to you a limited, nonexclusive global license to use the Software subject to the following terms:
A. .........

B. The Software license established by this Agreement grants You the right to install the Software on two (2) desktop or laptop personal computers owned and used by You. PokerTracker will supply You with one (1) registration code that can be used with the Software.

Taken together, these suggest that your wife, a partner, can use PT3 on one of your 2 PC's. My guess will be that the EULA with HEM is not a whole lot different.