Have you played against Poker Alfie? I have.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Alfie is a poker AI, and playing against an AI can be a very daunting thing. In my personal view Alfie may have plugged some of the leaks that I have in my tournament game but in return it might have created also new ones?

It offers three different levels of opponents: weak, aggressive, and optimal. I chose to brush my skills against aggressive opponents since that is the thing where I have most problems with.

Winning level 1 is quite easy. I have beaten level 2 twice but never won level 3. In my opinion aggressive enough (but not going overboard) approach is the key. Unlike in "real life" aces rarely get cracked.

Since we are not advertising here I'm only going to say that it is an App. If you are interested look it up.

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm going to try it and I'll tell you how it went, maybe it makes me retire from poker hahahahahaha

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Old thread, but I'm just trying this now.

Using it to try out some new pre-flop ranges and I was looking for something I can quickly put a lot of repetitions into so that it becomes automatic for me. I don't care for the rest of the hands vs this program.

I did play the first 100 hands out of curiosity. I don't think it's very good at poker so far, I'm up 276BB. :D It's not 3-betting as often as I'd hoped and is check/call happy post flop.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah, this AI is a joke. 4bet with ATs from MP and then calls a jam on the flop. Nice. Screenshot 2024 01 24 004105

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Crushing this like 888 crushes my soul.
Screenshot 2024 01 24 010928

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Cash game, or "practice" mode isn't actually too bad now I've given it another go. Maybe I suck though!

V4 (best play), speed 1 (best play). Had it on speed 3 yesterday when I was crushing it.

32.50 BB ahead after 443 hands on the slowest speed setting compared to 276 BB in 101 on the fastest.