DriveHUD - Poker HUD & Database Software

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone have stats for their winrate before using a HUD and your win rate after? Id be curious to know a ballpark ev of paying for a Hud in online games

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone have stats for their winrate before using a HUD and your win rate after? Id be curious to know a ballpark ev of paying for a Hud in online games

You do realize someone would have to be writing down the result of every hand they play correct? I doubt anyone has done that.

A hud/ poker database will improve your game if only for tracking and analyzing your game after you play. For only that reason it's HUGE +EV, and I'm not saying that because we sell them. I'm just saying that as a poker player.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

That is a question that I doubt you could ever get a "real" number. Has anyone played on-line poker and recorded every hand of every session?? I know that I did not. In fact, Within my first 2 weeks of playing, I knew I needed a database to track my play.

That is +EV , right there, just being able to track your own hands and review your play is worth the cost of any database software. DriveHUD is definitely one of the "best" values if you are concerned about price.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this compatible with Pokerstars?

Yes it's compatible with pokerstars and most major poker sites.

There's several great out of the box HUDs for pokerstars you can choose from. The 30-day trial is fully functional so you can give it a thorough test.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do the features compare to PT4 or HM2? I am only playing the lower stakes so the price for this is very appealing. Will I be missing anything getting Drive HUD that I would get with the others? I am needing it for basic tracking and HUD use at 888 and Pokerstars.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You do realize someone would have to be writing down the result of every hand they play correct? I doubt anyone has done that.

A hud/ poker database will improve your game if only for tracking and analyzing your game after you play. For only that reason it's HUGE +EV, and I'm not saying that because we sell them. I'm just saying that as a poker player.

John, thanks for the response. My questions may have been articulated poorly and i don't expect anyone to take detailed notes on each and every hand. Lol. I am looking to purchase a hud for my ACR account but I'm currently unable to find one that is compatable with my mac.

Would you be able to recomend any mac compatible HUDs that work on ACR? I've looked and haven't found any. Looking to buy one stat.

Thanks!

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a question that I doubt you could ever get a "real" number. Has anyone played on-line poker and recorded every hand of every session?? I know that I did not. In fact, Within my first 2 weeks of playing, I knew I needed a database to track my play.

That is +EV , right there, just being able to track your own hands and review your play is worth the cost of any database software. DriveHUD is definitely one of the "best" values if you are concerned about price.

Thanks for the feedback...It doesn't look like the DriveHUD works with macbook on ACR? Any other recs?

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the feedback...It doesn't look like the DriveHUD works with macbook on ACR? Any other recs?

I am sorry, I do not use Apple Products. Just my personal preference, (No Hate for Apple):D
so I really cant help you

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do the features compare to PT4 or HM2? I am only playing the lower stakes so the price for this is very appealing. Will I be missing anything getting Drive HUD that I would get with the others? I am needing it for basic tracking and HUD use at 888 and Pokerstars.

Features are similar in terms of what you can do. How you get to those points is a lot easier w/ Drivehud. We have a lot of built in features you need to pay extra for in other DB's, like bumper stickers, we have GTO based tools, and the software is designed to make the review process really smooth.

My best advice is all 3 of free trials, so try each and see which one appeals to you the most.

And yes, Drivehud works w/ 888 and pokerstars.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
John, thanks for the response. My questions may have been articulated poorly and i don't expect anyone to take detailed notes on each and every hand. Lol. I am looking to purchase a hud for my ACR account but I'm currently unable to find one that is compatable with my mac.

Would you be able to recomend any mac compatible HUDs that work on ACR? I've looked and haven't found any. Looking to buy one stat.

Thanks!

No worries. Yeah, the software is PC based. It will only work on a MAC if you're using parallels, boot camp or a similar windows emulator, which I'd recommend looking into no matter what because it just opens up your MAC to run any kind of software. You won't ever have limitations.

L

Lop

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've started playing Fast Fold on BetOnline and notice none of those hands are being tracked. I know I can't use the HUD while playing FF, but thought that the hands would still be tracked?

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello @JOHN A I have started trying the drive HUD program and am so far very impressed. I am however running into issues with the application on my laptop.

The program runs fine when I first start it up and play a session, but if I have my laptop go to sleep and wake up then DRIVE HUD starts very high CPU usage and overheats my laptop. I have done a few tests and the only time it does this is after I wake up my laptop from sleep with drive hud running. It will continue to run at high CPU until I close the application.

I shut down the application and restart it and it will go back to normal CPU usage.

Is anybody else having this issue?

** the 2nd screenshot shows cpu usage drop immediately after closing drive hud

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).jpg
    Screenshot (1).jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot (3).jpg
    Screenshot (3).jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 42
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've started playing Fast Fold on BetOnline and notice none of those hands are being tracked. I know I can't use the HUD while playing FF, but thought that the hands would still be tracked?

It's tracked. Do you have your BOL username selected from the drop down list at the top right hand side of Drivehud?

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello @JOHN A I have started trying the drive HUD program and am so far very impressed. I am however running into issues with the application on my laptop.

The program runs fine when I first start it up and play a session, but if I have my laptop go to sleep and wake up then DRIVE HUD starts very high CPU usage and overheats my laptop. I have done a few tests and the only time it does this is after I wake up my laptop from sleep with drive hud running. It will continue to run at high CPU until I close the application.

I shut down the application and restart it and it will go back to normal CPU usage.

Is anybody else having this issue?

** the 2nd screenshot shows cpu usage drop immediately after closing drive hud

I'm not sure. I haven't had anyone report anything like this (and I'd guess at least 80% of our customers are on laptops), so I'd need to talk to the developers to see what kind of logs they need. I run it on my laptop, and it goes into sleep mode as well w/o issue. So not sure what the specific issue would be, but I'll get back to you.

L

Lop

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's tracked. Do you have your BOL username selected from the drop down list at the top right hand side of Drivehud?

Yes, it shows the few tourneys I've played in but has no hands listed for cash (fastfold) games.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive just started using this in addition to HM3. Because it supports some sites I play that HM3 doesn't. It's really beautiful. Not quite as intuitive.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will say, their support is very quick

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it shows the few tourneys I've played in but has no hands listed for cash (fastfold) games.

Can you send a support message from the support icon at the top right of drivehud. I'd have to see your logs. Probably some setting off, but hard to say in the dark.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will say, their support is very quick

We always appreciate feedback. If there's something you don't think is very intuitive, then let us know. And we're also in the process of adding new sites, so if there's sites you're interested in, please chime in.

L

Lop

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you send a support message from the support icon at the top right of drivehud. I'd have to see your logs. Probably some setting off, but hard to say in the dark.

Sent. Thanks for the help. I'm sure it's something I've done wrong on my end.
Enjoying the hud, great product, great support.

L

Lop

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

This is 100% on me. I only have the microstakes version. FF is .10, it's out of my usual bankroll limits. Maybe if I win at it, I can upgrade, lol. Thanks for the help.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We always appreciate feedback. If there's something you don't think is very intuitive, then let us know. And we're also in the process of adding new sites, so if there's sites you're interested in, please chime in.

Keep us this kinda of support. You have a good product, and the support is outstanding. I'll message.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New DriveHUD user here.

I am currently running the trial version. I am normally using PT4 but I had to try DriveHUD because it works on BetOnline (which is great!)

First, let me add some quick comments as a feedback on the first impression

1. I am shocked in a good way how good this software looks, finally something that is willing to be user friendly.

2. HUD creation/edit window looks great. I am very new with this feature and Im just trying it out but it is really impressive how much I can customize my stuff.

3. I liked the fact that I just downloaded installed and run the App and I didnt have to do ANYTHING for it to start tracking and running the HUD. Big up for this !

Now the questions part:

1. Is there a way to change the hud box background? I would like to make it less transparent. Also, is there a way to change this colour in game to mark somebody as a fish or something (Like tagging players by colours on stars - the window borders changed colour)

If I find any more questions I will make sure to ask. thanks for the reply in advance!

Edit: One thing I just noticed.

Example hand:

V1 has 20BBs at the start of the hand, hud stat "BBs" shows 20. He wins a hand and won 10 big blinds so his real stack now is 30 BBs.
chips go to him, he has 30BB stack and new hand is started. The hud still shows 20 (even after it refreshed). V1 doesnt play this hand and folds. Only the next hand the hud stat starts showing his stack is 30BBs. This means the HH import must be delayed by 1 hand - the hud is not updated immediately after the hand finishes (which kinda sucks because in MTTs its super important to know the exact stack size of somebody when the table is short and its essential for proper ICM adjustments) can this be changed somehow please?

Last edited: