Converting Hands

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^^ Looks like you are up and running! Nice!

And, yea, at first the post count limit can be a PITA, but it is there for a reason. You obv. seem to be posting very legit stuff, but a lot of new posters may have an agenda and flood the forum with spam or other such nonsense, and the post limit discourages most of them. It wont be long before you are over it though (the limit), and please stick it out. It is worth it.

Creepy Jackalope

Creepy Jackalope

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And, yea, at first the post count limit can be a PITA, but it is there for a reason. You obv. seem to be posting very legit stuff, but a lot of new posters may have an agenda and flood the forum with spam or other such nonsense, and the post limit discourages most of them. It wont be long before you are over it though (the limit), and please stick it out. It is worth it.

I can understand some sort of mechanism being in place to prevent spamming and flooding. But I don't see how this 10 posts a day until you get 65 accomplishes that. Seems to me like it just annoys the people that would like to positively contribute and still lets the spammers through.

I don't mean to keep whining about it, but I am frustrated. Especially when I didn't know about it and was wasting my posts on technical issues... then worsened when I suddenly couldn't respond for another 24 hours.

I am planning to tough it out though. From what I've read, most of the people here seem worth it. I've been a member at forums before where I didn't care for the people. That's much worse than a temporary 10 post limit.

Creepy Jackalope

Creepy Jackalope

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also add that here I am not contributing to other people's threads so that I don't get cut off from posting on my own. How's that good for the community?

I'll shut up now. I'm sure I'm not the first to bring this stuff up.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oops forgot to actually add the image haha.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 32
Creepy Jackalope

Creepy Jackalope

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oops forgot to actually add the image haha.

Thanks. Yes those are the two buttons I was using. The one you point to for forum format and the one beside it for plain text.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In PokerTracker 4 the correct button to click is the middle one as Blobwierd123 pointed out which looks like a a cross between a check and the letter V. We use this icon to represent our forum safe copy format because that is the logo for the vBulliten forum software, which is the most commonly used, it is compatible with vBCode formatting. CardsChat uses vBCode formatting, but there are two components that are non-standard that require manual adjustments when you past the hand into this forum:

1. The Spoiler tag is not supported by CardsChat, instead this forum uses the Spoiler tag. Just add an "er" on the end of Spoil, and this will fix the issue.

The management of CardsChat could in theory roll out patches to support these two minor issues, its up to them if they find this to be an important enough issue to address, we have no say in the matter. PokerTracker 4 was designed to support the vBCode formatting that is in use by both TwoPlusTwo and PokerStrategy, in fact PokerStrategy chose to support both the spoil and the Spoiler tags to assure full compatibility no matter how the spoiler tag is used, most but not all forums have followed in their footsteps by using the same formatting standards.

Here is an example of a hand before reformatting of the Spoil tags:

Winning Poker Network - $4 PL (6 max) - Omaha Hi - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $398.63
UTG: $507.36
Hero (MP): $194.00
CO: $165.11
BTN: $639.02
SB: $269.78

SB posts SB $2.00, BB posts BB $4.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $6.00) Hero has K:spade: 3:spade: K:diamond: 2:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $12.00, CO calls $12.00, BTN raises to $54.00, fold, BB calls $50.00, Hero raises to $194.00 and is all-in, fold, BTN raises to $636.00, BB calls $344.63 and is all-in

Flop: ($1,005.26, 3 players) 7:diamond: 6:spade: T:heart:

Turn: ($1,005.26, 3 players) J:club:

River: ($1,005.26, 3 players) 6:heart:

[spoil]BB shows 7:club: 8:spade: 9:heart: T:diamond: (Straight, Jack High) (Pre 34%, Flop 84%, Turn 100%)
Hero shows K:spade: 3:spade: K:diamond: 2:diamond: (Two Pair, Kings and Sixes) (Pre 27%, Flop 9%, Turn 0%)
BTN shows A:spade: 3:diamond: J:heart: A:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Sixes) (Pre 39%, Flop 8%, Turn 0%)
BB wins $1,002.09
[/spoil]

Example of the same hand, after editing the Spoil tag to Spoiler, and changing the Color tags to Hex:

Winning Poker Network - $4 PL (6 max) - Omaha Hi - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $398.63
UTG: $507.36
Hero (MP): $194.00
CO: $165.11
BTN: $639.02
SB: $269.78

SB posts SB $2.00, BB posts BB $4.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $6.00) Hero has K:spade: 3:spade: K:diamond: 2:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $12.00, CO calls $12.00, ]BTN raises to $54.00, fold, BB calls $50.00, Hero raises to $194.00 and is all-in, fold, BTN raises to $636.00, BB calls $344.63 and is all-in

Flop: ($1,005.26, 3 players) 7:diamond: 6:spade: T:heart:

Turn: ($1,005.26, 3 players) J:club:

River: ($1,005.26, 3 players) 6:heart:

BB shows 7:club: 8:spade: 9:heart: T:diamond: (Straight, Jack High) (Pre 34%, Flop 84%, Turn 100%)
Hero shows K:spade: 3:spade: K:diamond: 2:diamond: (Two Pair, Kings and Sixes) (Pre 27%, Flop 9%, Turn 0%)
BTN shows A:spade: 3:diamond: J:heart: A:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Sixes) (Pre 39%, Flop 8%, Turn 0%)
BB wins $1,002.09

To se the difference in the code, click the Quote button.

Creepy Jackalope

Creepy Jackalope

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any difference between the OS X and Windows versions in the way Pokertracker 4 handles the conversions?

I am not, nor have I had problems posting to forums on my Windows machine. But on my Mac, which is my primary computer, I seem to be running into these issues.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there any difference between the OS X and Windows versions in the way Pokertracker 4 handles the conversions?

I am not, nor have I had problems posting to forums on my Windows machine. But on my Mac, which is my primary computer, I seem to be running into these issues.

There is a difference when using the standard copy button because this button (first one on the left) switches between standard text, HTML (for emails), and RTF. The center button which is the one used for forums (vBCode format) is exactly the same in both Windows and OS X.

- TT

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands