Which compute for online poker ?

P

PeteBoy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
Which computer should i buy to play poker ? I have only a tablet/ipad. But many pokersoftwares like pokerstars don‘t work properly with my ipad. So my question is what kind of a device are you playing poker with and what would you recommend ?

Greetings PeteBoy

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am using an 8yr. old computer and it works great for me!
I am able to play many tournaments (12 to 14)at the same time, across a few different sites (ie. Pokerstars, partypoker, 888Poker, ACR, GGPoker) and while using PT4 and watching a couple Twitch streamers. Doing all of this simultaneously I have zero LAG issues. My CPU runs at a bit high % once I add in multiple streamers and am considering upgrading to an old i7 cpu I have in storage.
To give you an idea of what it takes to do this, here is what is in my computer:
CPU: Intel i5 4670
Ram: 16GB
GPU (video card): MSI Geforce GTX 1060
500 GB SSD < for Operating system & Apps.
500GB WDBlack HardDrive < for storage, videos, pictures

You can probably get by without using a GPU (video card) as the onboard graphics in newer chips are probably good enough for online poker. I chose to install one as an upgrade in my computer (an 8yr. old build) as I'm running 3 monitors (2x 32in. monitors + 1x 24in)

IF I was looking for a computer to play online poker with, I'd be purchasing used from somewhere like Facebook marketplace... either parts and put it together myself, or someone else's used rig (there are LOTS of younger folks out there who are regularly upgrading their computer builds, using them for gaming. An older one from someone like this could be ideal for your purposes).

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, it's better to play from your phone it's much more convenient if you play 1-2 tournaments if more then you need a computer, you don't need a big poker requirements

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have 16 GB RAM (Min 8 GB)
and Hard Disk Size 250 GB SSD

That's enough to play poker...
and others you can adjust to your budget.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
for the sites I play, the most basic works without any problems.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I have an old laptop.
4 GB of ram.
An Intel 6200 2.13 Ghz processor
Installed with Windows 8.1 which I now have to format to Windows 10.
Actually with this old wagon I play poker everywhere perfectly.
Actually I only play on the laptop because I have a hard time playing on the cell phone.
greetings friend:):):)

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that any computer (today) will be able to run, I use an old one for Poker and so far, so good... Regarding the recommendation, it depends on the priority, playing on the computer is more "complete" (hand replay, access to lobby information parallel to the game table, among others) on the cell phone you have the flexibility to take it with you if you have to do something else before the break. (although in my opinion it is more work to do these mentioned checks)